FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Photo Verified Profiles By Admin

Photo Verified Profiles By Admin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I think admin should do more to photo verify everyone’s profiles on here. I think it’s a reasonable request as to the amount of fake, non verified profiles that have been on here for months and of course all new profiles. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree

And miss out on all the fake profiles that pay? Will never happen.

I just won't talk to anyone that's not photo verified or hasnt been verified by someone who is.

I do think photo verification should be updated annually though. Couples split and whose to know if a single is still lurking?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Photo verification can be faked, it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme, people can be forced to verify if there are suspicions, and we're all adults who should do our own due diligence to keep ourselves safe.

Manchester (she/her)

"And miss out on all the fake profiles that pay? Will never happen.

I just won't talk to anyone that's not photo verified or hasnt been verified by someone who is.

I do think photo verification should be updated annually though. Couples split and whose to know if a single is still lurking? "

You can usually suss those out.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"I think admin should do more to photo verify everyone’s profiles on here. I think it’s a reasonable request as to the amount of fake, non verified profiles that have been on here for months and of course all new profiles. What’s everyone’s thoughts?"

Have you tried setting your filters so that non verified profiles can't message you? That way the site works how you want it to, without imposing it on everyone else!

I agree I don’t know how admin scrutinise photos but there is a couple on here I know from a different site and her pics are about 15 years old and she looks nothing like her profile would suggest . At the end of the day you are only fooling yourself

"Photo verification can be faked, it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme, people can be forced to verify if there are suspicions, and we're all adults who should do our own due diligence to keep ourselves safe. "

How can it be faked? Needs you to hold piece of paper with user name and fabswingers on and face in show? Works in my head?

Manchester (she/her)

"Photo verification can be faked, it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme, people can be forced to verify if there are suspicions, and we're all adults who should do our own due diligence to keep ourselves safe.

How can it be faked? Needs you to hold piece of paper with user name and fabswingers on and face in show? Works in my head? "

Photoshop, asking a friend, all sorts. Or simply doing it as yourself, but posting pictures of someone else (or very, very old pictures).

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"I think admin should do more to photo verify everyone’s profiles on here. "

Choosing to become photo verified is down to the individual user, not the small admin team. Are you suggesting that Admin remove the freedom of choice and force everyone to be photo verified?

If that's the case, perhaps you would like to join the front of the queue and become photo verified yourself, as you have so far chosen not to.

[Removed by poster at 31/01/19 13:38:04]

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

And spare a thought for admin, who aren't online 24/7 at our bec and call.

"And spare a thought for admin, who aren't online 24/7 at our bec and call. "

Don’t photo Verifications have to be sent to admin? So they can do them at there leisure?

Manchester (she/her)

"And spare a thought for admin, who aren't online 24/7 at our bec and call.

Don’t photo Verifications have to be sent to admin? So they can do them at there leisure? "

Yes. But the amount of work that this would require would be phenomenal.

Luton

Most people have never been admin of a website or even a Facebook group, nor a group organiser. It takes hours of time and for most people isn't their job.

Don’t photo Verifications have to be sent to admin? So they can do them at there leisure?

Yes. But the amount of work that this would require would be phenomenal. "

So your a fan of all the fake profiles on here then?

Manchester (she/her)

So your a fan of all the fake profiles on here then?"

The fact that your proposed solution is unworkable has nothing to do with my feelings on fakes.

The fact that your proposed solution is unworkable has nothing to do with my feelings on fakes. "

Its only unworkable in your opinion

"I think admin should do more to photo verify everyone’s profiles on here.

Choosing to become photo verified is down to the individual user, not the small admin team. Are you suggesting that Admin remove the freedom of choice and force everyone to be photo verified?

If that's the case, perhaps you would like to join the front of the queue and become photo verified yourself, as you have so far chosen not to."

shots fired

"I think admin should do more to photo verify everyone’s profiles on here. I think it’s a reasonable request as to the amount of fake, non verified profiles that have been on here for months and of course all new profiles. What’s everyone’s thoughts?"

Hust block people who arent photo verified.

And boom the entire site has no more unverified people for you.

Problem solved

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

Fakes and potential time wasters are relatively easy to avoid, set your filters and be cautious. No need for anything else.

The fact that your proposed solution is unworkable has nothing to do with my feelings on fakes.

Its only unworkable in your opinion "

So basicaly your asking to be banned, as your not photo verified.

Manchester (she/her)

Its only unworkable in your opinion "

Admin are largely volunteers. There aren't that many of them. The site support fee is insufficient to deal with the kind of workload it would entail. I'm deducting from evidence.

But fundamentally, if you're on the site, you're an adult. Show some responsibility and do due diligence. If you need Mummy to hold your hand and tell you when things aren't adding up, maybe come back in ten years.

Exeter

The site home page currently says there are 24944 profiles online right at this moment. Who knows how many there are in total.

I think it is impossible for admin to force this number of people to photo verify themselves.

And even if they did send in a photo, it could take months to go through each and every photo, matching it to the profile and approving or disproving it. And all the time new people would be waiting to join at a rate of thousands a day.

To me, that is unworkable, especially given the fact that the admin and mod team is largely unpaid volunteer site users doing their bit to help out.

Manchester (she/her)

"The site home page currently says there are 24944 profiles online right at this moment. Who knows how many there are in total.

I think it is impossible for admin to force this number of people to photo verify themselves.

And even if they did send in a photo, it could take months to go through each and every photo, matching it to the profile and approving or disproving it. And all the time new people would be waiting to join at a rate of thousands a day.

To me, that is unworkable, especially given the fact that the admin and mod team is largely unpaid volunteer site users doing their bit to help out. "

You obviously love fakes.

Being practical is like loving fakes like a fish needs a bicycle.

[Removed by poster at 31/01/19 14:07:46]

If that's the case, perhaps you would like to join the front of the queue and become photo verified yourself, as you have so far chosen not to."

Why would i need a photo verification when I have plenty of verifications from genuine verified users?

Exeter

If that's the case, perhaps you would like to join the front of the queue and become photo verified yourself, as you have so far chosen not to.

Why would i need a photo verification when I have plenty of verifications from genuine verified users? "

So you are suggesting that everyone else should be forced to do something that you are not prepared to do so yourself?

"The site home page currently says there are 24944 profiles online right at this moment. Who knows how many there are in total.

To me, that is unworkable, especially given the fact that the admin and mod team is largely unpaid volunteer site users doing their bit to help out. "

My point is if you can’t get verifications through meets and have been on the site for ages admin should do more to prevent fakes and the easiest way is to send them a pic as verification is you somehow struggle to get meets! Or go on cam in the chat room and let others verify you it’s so easy!

Manchester (she/her)

To me, that is unworkable, especially given the fact that the admin and mod team is largely unpaid volunteer site users doing their bit to help out.

My point is if you can’t get verifications through meets and have been on the site for ages admin should do more to prevent fakes and the easiest way is to send them a pic as verification is you somehow struggle to get meets! Or go on cam in the chat room and let others verify you it’s so easy! "

And... any adult can work that out, draw their own conclusions, and make their own decisions.

Problem solved!

Exeter

"My point is if you can’t get verifications through meets and have been on the site for ages admin should do more to prevent fakes and the easiest way is to send them a pic as verification is you somehow struggle to get meets! Or go on cam in the chat room and let others verify you it’s so easy! "

And as it is so easy (and available to do now) why should admin force people to do it.

You have the choice in the search facility to block out anyone from your searches who is not verified.

You have the choice in your message settings to block people from messaging you if they are not verified.

So unless you are contacting unverified people first (again, that's your choice) then surely you won't need to worry about unverified profiles.

Bit rich asking admin to photo verify everyone and your even photo verified yourself

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Photo verification can be faked, it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme, people can be forced to verify if there are suspicions, and we're all adults who should do our own due diligence to keep ourselves safe.

How can it be faked? Needs you to hold piece of paper with user name and fabswingers on and face in show? Works in my head? "

Your face doesn't have to show. Just a full body shot. (Unless the rules have changed in the last four years?).

Not hard to Photoshop an image to a standard that would get past a volunteer admin either.

A

Exeter

" Get Photo Verified

A great way to show you're genuine.

1: Write "FabSwingers.com" and your username "Trevaunance" on a piece of paper.

2: Photograph yourself holding the paper with hands showing. Photo should show your face or full length nude."

It's either/or.

Luton

On the groups /pages I co-admin... When someone says "admin should do x y z"... I reply "thank you for volunteering"

Luton

[Removed by poster at 31/01/19 14:55:37]

photo verify as what, using what?

My point is if you can’t get verifications through meets and have been on the site for ages admin should do more to prevent fakes and the easiest way is to send them a pic as verification is you somehow struggle to get meets! Or go on cam in the chat room and let others verify you it’s so easy! "

not having found someone you want to meet on here doesn't make anyone a fake...

By *exySara87Woman  over a year ago

Dundee

Never bothered photo verifying this account, I've been really verified. My last profile was photoverified and I didn't see the point. Also its a pita to hold the cametlra and get it all in

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin have said PV is a choice and for most people they don't have to do it if they don't want to

If you don't want to be contacted by non verified users you can set your filters so the site works for you how you want it to

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

To the question of PV's , pics are double checked by a second Admin so that hopefully no fake ones get through.