FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile address on photos

Profile address on photos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've noticed that the address of my/our profiles appears on photos sometimes and sometimes not.

What is the criterion?

Seems to not appear on nuddy pics, but on face pics, and it seems to depend on the size of the file.

Is there anyway to opt out of this, as a paying member. I take a chance sending my photos out sometimes and would rather not do so with the address hard coded onto them as then if someone does decide to post them up somewhere there is a link to this site and this could potentially threaten my/our anonymity.

Anyway chance that we can we change this feature please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Isn't the point in having it on there to help stop it being used elsewhere or by someone else!?

Although after recent events having it along the bottom makes it easy to crop off and upload to other sites or profile and pass them off as your own photos.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If we didn't show the watermark, and someone decided to post your photos from here elsewhere, they could add a watermark anyway?

Admin x

"If we didn't show the watermark, and someone decided to post your photos from here elsewhere, they could add a watermark anyway?

Admin x"

Fair enough. I just don't like the idea of my photos going out with the watermark on and I feel that ultimately it should be my decision?

However, the flip side of this argument you present is of course that regardless of the watermark, someone could still steal your photos and crop them to remove the address.

think I put this in the wrong forum as well sorry

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Think the assumption you should work on is that someone might take your photos and use elsewhere so if you're worried don't upload face pics.

We don't plan to allow individuals to turn off watermarking on their photos.

Admin x

And how is not uploading face pics going to work?

I'm working on the assumption that if there are photos out there with this site watermarked on them then there is a chance that someone I know might find out I am on here.

Also if anyone wants to steal my photos then they can do so from many other sites.

On here I am very selective about who I let see them, so that's my measure to hopefully prevent someone stealing them. Like I say, it's not difficult to remove the watermark, blur the photo and add a new watermark, or just crop it altogether so the whole thing doesn't really strike me as being a very effective measure anyway.

Like I say it is ultimately my choice and risk so i think you should respect that.

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

There must be a way of preventing people "saving" your pic??

"There must be a way of preventing people "saving" your pic??

"

Impossible to do, I can screen save pics if dragging and dropping is turned off.

I'd just like a choice in the matter. If anyone saw my photo anywhere with the watermark on it I'd be a wee bit embarrassed about it, that's all.

Glasgow area

Was asking admin....

Im sure other sites have this prevention in place....

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Was asking admin....

Im sure other sites have this prevention in place...."

Not possible, see the FAQ for details why.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are a few sites that allow the watermark to be turned off, but at the end of the day, this site has it's own way of doing things. You "choose" which sites to use.

Glasgow area

"There are a few sites that allow the watermark to be turned off, but at the end of the day, this site has it's own way of doing things. You "choose" which sites to use.

"

"There are a few sites that allow the watermark to be turned off, but at the end of the day, this site has it's own way of doing things. You "choose" which sites to use.

"

I like the way this site is run and don't see what the problem is in requesting for the watermark to be removed. I'm a paying member and they are my photos.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'd just like a choice in the matter. If anyone saw my photo anywhere with the watermark on it I'd be a wee bit embarrassed about it, that's all."

It might be best not to send your photo then. Maybe you could send it through other mail or cam instead.

"I'd just like a choice in the matter. If anyone saw my photo anywhere with the watermark on it I'd be a wee bit embarrassed about it, that's all.

It might be best not to send your photo then. Maybe you could send it through other mail or cam instead."

Or... I could send them without the watermark.

As a single guy you have to take certain risks, you never know who is at the other end of the message you are sending nor what their intentions are.

All these female profiles demanding face pics and none in return, you either have to accept the risk or potentially miss out.

I'm sticking to my guns on this. Will feel a bit let down if my request is not considered, this site is being run great otherwise.

Like I say if anyone wants to steal my photos then they can take their pick of what site to choose from.

If some happened to turn up on a site and I found out about it though then I could always say, someone must have nicked them from face book or something...

with a watermark though that's not so easy. Someone could steal your photos and post them up with the watermark with the malicious intent to expose people on this site for a laugh.

Lot of sick people out there would get a kick out of doing that.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'd just like a choice in the matter. If anyone saw my photo anywhere with the watermark on it I'd be a wee bit embarrassed about it, that's all.

It might be best not to send your photo then. Maybe you could send it through other mail or cam instead.

Or... I could send them without the watermark.

."

You could yes....but the site owner has said on this thread that they won't be turning them off...so I am guessing you either don't send your pics or use a site that doesn't have a watermark.

If you have facebook, then use the same (cropped to exclude anyone else) face pics on here and on there.

Then, if your pic does appear somewhere else with 'fabswingers.com/profile_name' on them, then some tw@t must of stolen them from facebook and set up a swingers account with them…..sheesh, some people eh?

Least thats the reasoning you give if ever confronted.

S.

"If you have facebook, then use the same (cropped to exclude anyone else) face pics on here and on there.

Then, if your pic does appear somewhere else with 'fabswingers.com/profile_name' on them, then some tw@t must of stolen them from facebook and set up a swingers account with them…..sheesh, some people eh?

S. "

I'm just not getting through to people on this point am I.

If the address of my profile is on the photo then someone I know could set up a fake profile and check me out in the cam room, thus exposing myself as a fabswinger!

It's not rocket science.

Of course someone could still add any kind of watermark to it, but there is no way to reduce the risk completely.

I'm kinda disappointed that the admin will not give credence to this point after doing such a fab job of everything else.

At the end of the day they are MY photos and the risk is ultimately mine so the choice of whether to include a watermark should also be mine!

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

What we'll do is note this suggestion and if there is demand from it from others down the line, we'll have a look at adding it to our list of projects. Doing it for one person wouldn't really make sense but if more pipe up, we'll definitely take a 2nd look

Admin x

"What we'll do is note this suggestion and if there is demand from it from others down the line, we'll have a look at adding it to our list of projects. Doing it for one person wouldn't really make sense but if more pipe up, we'll definitely take a 2nd look

Admin x"

Is there any harm in just including a box you can tick when adding photos if you don't want the watermark, so as it adds one automatically if you don't tick it?

Thanks for at least considering it anyway.

"If you have facebook, then use the same (cropped to exclude anyone else) face pics on here and on there.

S.

I'm just not getting through to people on this point am I.

If the address of my profile is on the photo then someone I know could set up a fake profile and check me out in the cam room, thus exposing myself as a fabswinger!

It's not rocket science.

Of course someone could still add any kind of watermark to it, but there is no way to reduce the risk completely.

I'm kinda disappointed that the admin will not give credence to this point after doing such a fab job of everything else.

At the end of the day they are MY photos and the risk is ultimately mine so the choice of whether to include a watermark should also be mine!"

Yep they are your pics but it's admins site , you have a choice as to putting your pics up and abiding by the site rules or not. If you don't like it don't do it and find a site that does what you want already.

"

Yep they are your pics but it's admins site , you have a choice as to putting your pics up and abiding by the site rules or not. If you don't like it don't do it and find a site that does what you want already. "

Sure, because decent adult dating sites are ten a penny aren't they.

I like this one because it's run well and the admin pay attention to their members interests. One sure fire way to turn people off your site is to act just like you said- it's our site so that's how it's going to be, regardless of whether you may have a point or not..

The matter is being looked into anyway.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I may be missing the point of your suggestion, but why don't you send people your own copy of your pic without the watermark?

"I may be missing the point of your suggestion, but why don't you send people your own copy of your pic without the watermark?"

And how exactly am I going to do

an easy way to stop people ppl stealing face pics is to have a faded watermark across the face, faded enough to see the watermark and still see the face. look at my profile pic and you'll see its possible and is less easy to crop it off without having a odd face pic afterwards.

I've seen some profile photos like that.

trouble is it's besides the point I was trying to make, which is I don't want a watermark on my photos

I've got about 12 photos uploaded and two of them are nuddy ones. I never show both body and face in the same photo, but for some reason the nude ones didn't have the watermark on them

Maybe if you make them small enough or something, I don't know, then it doesn't go on. I'm going to look into reuploading mine as smaller versions to see if that makes a difference

Warrington & Glasgow

"I may be missing the point of your suggestion, but why don't you send people your own copy of your pic without the watermark?

And how exactly am I going to do "

Did you delete the original after you uploaded it?

"

there is something which can be added to websites called "right click not allowed"

could see it as a good option

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

there is something which can be added to websites called "right click not allowed"

could see it as a good option "

It's pointless, see www.fabswingers.com/faq for details why:

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

Admin x

ahh ok

i dont upload any photos i would be ashamed off so im prepared to take a risk

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I've seen some profile photos like that.

trouble is it's besides the point I was trying to make, which is I don't want a watermark on my photos

I've got about 12 photos uploaded and two of them are nuddy ones. I never show both body and face in the same photo, but for some reason the nude ones didn't have the watermark on them

Maybe if you make them small enough or something, I don't know, then it doesn't go on. I'm going to look into reuploading mine as smaller versions to see if that makes a difference"

If the photo is too small for a watermark to fit on, it's not watermarked.

Admin x

Thanks for the feedback admin. I'll just reduce my pics to a certain size and use them, should be clear enough to see what I look like anyway.

"I may be missing the point of your suggestion, but why don't you send people your own copy of your pic without the watermark?

And how exactly am I going to do Did you delete the original after you uploaded it? "

(a) you can only send files you have uploaded to the site

(b) you can't send links to other sites until you've exchanged two messages....

Warrington & Glasgow

"Thanks for the feedback admin. I'll just reduce my pics to a certain size and use them, should be clear enough to see what I look like anyway.

I may be missing the point of your suggestion, but why don't you send people your own copy of your pic without the watermark?

And how exactly am I going to do Did you delete the original after you uploaded it?

(a) you can only send files you have uploaded to the site

(b) you can't send links to other sites until you've exchanged two messages....

"

Ah, I see! With your privacy concerns, would you not be better emailing the pics directly?

By *ubybabyCouple  over a year ago

lincoln ish

i would welcome my name and that of fab swingers on my photos, if only to stop them being stolen and used on hamster xx surely this is not too much to ask ruby

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

votes to keep the status quo ... watermark on pics

"votes to keep the status quo ... watermark on pics "

I wasn't suggesting scrapping them, just giving us the choice!

» Add a new message to this topic