FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Spam message feature

Spam message feature

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could it be possible to implement a spam messages feature where by to stop messages that are x amount of characters being sent to you.

For example I log in and have 37 messages 36 of them are "hi" which I consider spam and just delete which is no major issue.

But I think it would be an improvement to the site to have someone actually put some thought into an introduction message with a min amount of characters and free up server space with thousands of spam mails a day, I'm sure the ladys get many a day.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd love to set a minimum character limit, but I'm sure it'd go from "hi" to "hi xxxxxxxxxxxx" or whatever.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It could make for an improvement but yeah as you say some people could just hold a key down.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd love to set a minimum character limit, but I'm sure it'd go from "hi" to "hi xxxxxxxxxxxx" or whatever. "

I've never seen the point of those messages. I notice lots of girls complaining about it so assume it's a common problem? I've got to assume it must work for some guys as surely they'd get the message eventually if noone ever replied?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can you set a minimum characters to 4 so I can continue to use "faf?" As my introduction message

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's a good idea and someone may have suggested something similar, a month or so ago.

Perhaps we'd set the minimum characters and words as well as create our own pop-up warning message, where wed have some advice 'Clear off, if you are only writing a couple of words! I want a love poem, at least', or whatever works.

It would help the clueless sender as well as the recipients.

1,2 and 3 word messages-

Fuck?

Fuck now!

You free now?

Etc are probably mostly useless, apart from help to filter out thoughtless people. I'd probably set a 10 word minimum or so, on mine.

» Add a new message to this topic