FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Instant/direct messaging

Instant/direct messaging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A lot of people use what's app or KiK rather then multiple clicks to reply to a message, it makes it hard to hold a conversation sometimes having to keep clicking away to message where these other messaging platforms are able to offer the ability to hold a better flowing conversation. Is there a way that Fabs can offer this on the site at all ?

What's people's thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's people's thoughts?"

My thoughts... It adds a little bit of anticipation waiting for that "1 new message". Oh, and the other thought is coding an instant message app for a device is completely different to coding it into a website to work correctly across multiple browsers and multiple versions of each browser. Take a look at ajax coding and wrap your head around it then how you might add it into both the mobile and desktop versions of a site.

By *esley_CTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just go into a chatroom and chat using a pm window!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't see it necessary. If people want to go for a more direct message system they can use any of the apps that already exist for it.

I don't feel like the messaging on here is designed for prolonged conversation anyway. I moved to KiK to chat with someone from here, and that did the job just fine

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

A bad idea. Wouldn't be a very peaceful existence for the fab ladies would it?

» Add a new message to this topic