FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Meet requests & Parties Forum

Meet requests & Parties Forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly Gentle Giant OP   Man  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Sorry if this has been posted before.

It frustrates me that the forum postings do not state location in the headline - which means the user has to open each posting to see the location - even then its hit or miss if the poster mentions a location.

Now I now that peeps may not want to include location in their postings for privacy and security reasons etc but lets face it - do we all have time to read 20 postings to find that none are local?

My suggestion:

The meet requests & parties forum has a compulsory location field which must be completed and the location then appears on the forum front page so we can all see at a glance where each meet/party actually is.

As to how detailed the location field is - I think it should at least be equivalent to the regional chat room/general forum areas.

What I mean is I live in Scotland so use the Scotland chat and Scotland forum and only look for events in Scotland.

Thanks for reading

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

You might be best off browsing the meets/events pages rather than the forum to find meets/events because most (and more) are cross-posted there (with location).

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sorry if this has been posted before.

It frustrates me that the forum postings do not state location in the headline - which means the user has to open each posting to see the location - even then its hit or miss if the poster mentions a location.

Now I now that peeps may not want to include location in their postings for privacy and security reasons etc but lets face it - do we all have time to read 20 postings to find that none are local?

My suggestion:

The meet requests & parties forum has a compulsory location field which must be completed and the location then appears on the forum front page so we can all see at a glance where each meet/party actually is.

As to how detailed the location field is - I think it should at least be equivalent to the regional chat room/general forum areas.

What I mean is I live in Scotland so use the Scotland chat and Scotland forum and only look for events in Scotland.

Thanks for reading"

totally agree with you on that one mate, and not everyone puts on the meets page but does put a meet in the meets on the forums.

» Add a new message to this topic