FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Don't delete verifications when someone leaves.

Don't delete verifications when someone leaves.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By muckshooter OP Find posts by muckshooter Man

just this minute!

Nottingham

I've just noticed some of my best verifications disappeared recently when the people who wrote them decided to leave the site. This shouldn't happen in my opinion. If I was a decent guy and they thought so at the time, that verification is still useful to everyone whether the writer remains on the site or not. This should be changed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed, when I was part of a couple profile we had 11 veris but only 8 showed as 3 had left site, to some this looks like we had 3 bad veris or something to hide, so we stopped showing the amount, just the remaining veris x

Thanks Jenny. It just seems like a bug in the website that needs a very easy fix.

Removing the veris someone has written for others when they leave the site is unhelpful at least, and could be seen as misleading.

Does Fab have any comment on this annoying feature of their site?

I don't agree, OP. In my opinion, verifications only prove the person is (generally) genuine and would turn up when a meet is arranged. I don't need to see all their conquests and how much the people they met enjoyed meeting them. I would rather make up my own mind then, if I choose to meet them.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"I don't agree, OP. In my opinion, verifications only prove the person is (generally) genuine and would turn up when a meet is arranged. I don't need to see all their conquests and how much the people they met enjoyed meeting them. I would rather make up my own mind then, if I choose to meet them. "

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Surely if people have left, their profile is non existant and you can't check the veri anyway? Or am I missing something?

Not surprisingly, the people least bothered by disappearing veris are those who least need them to prove they are decent people.

A verification, good or bad, counts as a verification in a summary. The fact is that being able to read the verification is key. And if the details are deleted by fab when someone choses to leave I can't see how that helps anyone.

I know some veris are graphic, but not all. If people don't want to read them then don't. But don't suggest that it's ok for other not to be able to read them surely?

By *coops44Man  over a year ago

near Stansted

I’m in agreement the varied should stay as they show reliability and can display aspects of a persons character and sincerity. Just because the vary comes from someone who has left it is still relevant for the time it was written.

"I don't agree, OP. In my opinion, verifications only prove the person is (generally) genuine and would turn up when a meet is arranged. I don't need to see all their conquests and how much the people they met enjoyed meeting them. I would rather make up my own mind then, if I choose to meet them. "

Oh I agree the whole verification system has been misappropriated by attention seeking ego centric bellends who post endless verifications given usually by the same people !

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I've lost some wonderfully funny veris through people leaving.

The difference between the summary number and the amount shown can be misleading, people think they're hidden and therefore bad veris.

IMHO it would be better to leave the veri but have it marked as UNLOS.

*Other opinions are available.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I've lost some wonderfully funny veris through people leaving.

The difference between the summary number and the amount shown can be misleading, people think they're hidden and therefore bad veris.

*Other opinions are available."

Or remove it and take it of the summary.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Thanks Jenny. It just seems like a bug in the website that needs a very easy fix.

?"

It isn't a bug

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Or remove it and take it of the summary. "

I'd rather have my deleted ones removed from my summary too when they go... Otherwise what invariably happens is people return on new profiles, ask you to reverify them, and despite being told there's no need, feel obliged to reverify you... I've had this from a serial delete and return members who added a new meet to my summary each time they returned on a new profile, even though I may have only ever met them once at a social!

"I’m in agreement the varied should stay as they show reliability and can display aspects of a persons character and sincerity. Just because the vary comes from someone who has left it is still relevant for the time it was written. "

I'd rather have my deleted ones removed from my summary too when they go... Otherwise what invariably happens is people return on new profiles, ask you to reverify them, and despite being told there's no need, feel obliged to reverify you... I've had this from a serial delete and return members who added a new meet to my summary each time they returned on a new profile, even though I may have only ever met them once at a social! "

I'd rather have my deleted ones removed from my summary too when they go... Otherwise what invariably happens is people return on new profiles, ask you to reverify them, and despite being told there's no need, feel obliged to reverify you... I've had this from a serial delete and return members who added a new meet to my summary each time they returned on a new profile, even though I may have only ever met them once at a social! "

It's a whole lot easier for fab not to delete a verification when someone leaves.

Anyone running Fab care to comment why this is done???

"

just this minute!

Nottingham

I've just noticed some of my best verifications disappeared recently when the people who wrote them decided to leave the site. This shouldn't happen in my opinion. If I was a decent guy and they thought so at the time, that verification is still useful to everyone whether the writer remains on the site or not. This should be changed."

yes but the profile won't exist for the people that use the verifications to judge you with so would be of no use to them, don't you think?

"

just this minute!

Nottingham

I've just noticed some of my best verifications disappeared recently when the people who wrote them decided to leave the site. This shouldn't happen in my opinion. If I was a decent guy and they thought so at the time, that verification is still useful to everyone whether the writer remains on the site or not. This should be changed.yes but the profile won't exist for the people that use the verifications to judge you with so would be of no use to them, don't you think? "

No I don't think that is a big issue.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I'd rather have my deleted ones removed from my summary too when they go... Otherwise what invariably happens is people return on new profiles, ask you to reverify them, and despite being told there's no need, feel obliged to reverify you... I've had this from a serial delete and return members who added a new meet to my summary each time they returned on a new profile, even though I may have only ever met them once at a social!

It's a whole lot easier for fab not to delete a verification when someone leaves.

Anyone running Fab care to comment why this is done???"

Because those who struggle to meet may be tempted to verify themselves from fake accounts which they later delete

Not from Fab... But can see why...

"

just this minute!

Nottingham

I've just noticed some of my best verifications disappeared recently when the people who wrote them decided to leave the site. This shouldn't happen in my opinion. If I was a decent guy and they thought so at the time, that verification is still useful to everyone whether the writer remains on the site or not. This should be changed.yes but the profile won't exist for the people that use the verifications to judge you with so would be of no use to them, don't you think?

No I don't think that is a big issue. "

of course it is what's the point of a veri from a faceless profile, I don't actually like veris but if you have them then the point of them is to see who verified you imo

By *itness_FornicatorsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree that they should stay. We have lost quite a few due to people leaving.

I always read verifications to make up my mind about people. B

[Removed by poster at 30/07/19 13:01:54]

"I agree that they should stay. We have lost quite a few due to people leaving.

I always read verifications to make up my mind about people. B "

I couldn't agree more.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Agree.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Agreed. This

Agree x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Verifications belong to the sender not the recipient if the sender leaves the site any verifications leave with them, quite rightly in my opinion.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"Verifications belong to the sender not the recipient if the sender leaves the site any verifications leave with them, quite rightly in my opinion. "

That's nonsense actually. The veris belong to both. The sender and the recipient. After all, both of them engaged in the sex (or social) act xx

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Verifications belong to the sender not the recipient if the sender leaves the site any verifications leave with them, quite rightly in my opinion.

That's nonsense actually. The veris belong to both. The sender and the recipient. After all, both of them engaged in the sex (or social) act xx "

Of course they did but the verification still belongs to the sender, perhaps they are leaving the lifestyle to start anew, for reasons of discretion the verification is deleted. I applaud Fabswingers for taking this stance.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Verifications belong to the sender not the recipient if the sender leaves the site any verifications leave with them, quite rightly in my opinion.

That's nonsense actually. The veris belong to both. The sender and the recipient. After all, both of them engaged in the sex (or social) act xx

Of course they did but the verification still belongs to the sender, perhaps they are leaving the lifestyle to start anew, for reasons of discretion the verification is deleted. I applaud Fabswingers for taking this stance.

"

But all their forum posts still remain. So should they be deleted too? The verifications could still be there with "UNLOS" as the username,just as the forum posts are.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"

All the verification needs to say is something like (user no longer on site) or similar. You do see that a lot. It's just a shame for some of the people above who have lost good veris about them which helps to provide a picture of what they are like as a person x

By *hris_hhMan  over a year ago

Guildford

Keep the count but remove the veri text?

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

That's nonsense actually. The veris belong to both. The sender and the recipient. After all, both of them engaged in the sex (or social) act xx "

This. ^

By *aughtybutniceBBWWoman  over a year ago

The County of Northamptonshire

Agree with others

Leave the veri but change the profile name to UNLOS

If comments by users can stay on forums posts after a person has left the site, surely verifications can too.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

if the verifier has left the site then the verification is worthless because it cannot be read in conjunction with a review of the sender.The verification system would quickly be abused .

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

We only show some of our most recent veris. So does not bother us in the slightess if they leave and the veri vanishes.

We won't re veri a returner on a new profile without remeeting them. The warning is clear if they deleate their account. They made the decission to leave.

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

"I agree that they should stay. We have lost quite a few due to people leaving.

I always read verifications to make up my mind about people. B "

Agreed! They should stay

Lost loads of really good veri’s on here over the yrs

By *ndul-GentMan 28 weeks ago

Lancashire

Agreed , especially for us unfortunate single men, its very difficult to meet and verifications help quite a lot for couples to make their minds up.

By the way, you don’t know what you are missing pople

By *avandPennyCouple 28 weeks ago

Wigan

Totally agree that verifications should remain once a profile leaves the site, people should also have the option to delete a verification rather than just hide it.

By *ucka39Man 28 weeks ago

Newcastle

I think even if a user has left, the verification remains but the users details are removed as in no longer on the site.

Which can happen with saved messages

By *taffsnewtwoCouple 28 weeks ago

Staffordshire

[Removed by poster at 22/10/23 17:14:53]

By *ealitybitesMan 28 weeks ago

Belfast

I'm always curious how this would benefit anyone?

It's the equivalent of having a verification from a blank profile which is an immediate red flag for most.

Most people follow the verification trail which can't be done if the person giving the verification has left so it seems a bit pointless.

I'm fully in agreement with them disappearing because with the rate that people leave the site some profiles would be displaying lots of verifications from unlos which doesn't really reflect well on them.

By *RCADIAN HAZE TashaCouple 28 weeks ago

Rotherham

If someone has varies hidden I would never assume it was a bad verification because who leaves a bad verification for someone it's pointless all you have done is given them a extra verification they don't deserve that they will never display

I assume that hidden verification are either a bit private or a cam veri (I don't display them) or a double veri from someone who they have met a number of times

I would be more concerned if someone had a number of users leave after meeting them

By *ove2lickMan 28 weeks ago

Sheffield

Was verified but not now she left the site so finding it hard now

By *ealitybitesMan 28 weeks ago

Belfast

"Was verified but not now she left the site so finding it hard now "

If you had been verified you would still have the green tick even if she left the site and would be a verified profile.You just wouldn't be able to display the verification.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 27 weeks ago

Peterborough

This would open the flood gates for people to create fake veris then delete the fake profiles

By *lueDressWoman 27 weeks ago

Bath

Quite a few people have left the site.Their verifications have been deleted.

By *nizzleMan 27 weeks ago

litherland,saltbox pub

What if your new to the site and the guy who's left was the guy who originally verified you do you loose verification?

By *untimes wantedMan 27 weeks ago

"What if your new to the site and the guy who's left was the guy who originally verified you do you loose verification?"

No you would still have the green tick.would still say Verified Genuine Profile and the summary would still be there.

The only thing you would lose is the actual text verification.

so those claiming they no longer have the meet/cam green tick and they lost it when a user left are either lying or Admin removed it for being false.

By *uliette500Woman 27 weeks ago

Hull

"Was verified but not now she left the site so finding it hard now "

You would have the green tick if you had been verified and you haven't got one so obviously telling porkies.

By *onest bi guyMan 27 weeks ago

Leyland

Yes I find it frustrating if someone leaves (or blocks as you fall out) ...verifications say your genuine and more important for single guys??

By *ny1localMan 27 weeks ago

READING

"This would open the flood gates for people to create fake veris then delete the fake profiles"

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

Definitely

By *ucka39Man 27 weeks ago

Newcastle

"This would open the flood gates for people to create fake veris then delete the fake profiles "

But if every user was photo verified it'll work but then the site would also know how many accounts each one has that's lied about their age

» Add a new message to this topic