FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Thread Closing

Thread Closing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have noticed that threads are getting closed for reasons that don't actually break forum rules. More often than not it is to stop what would appear to be a row starting or because a similar thread has been posted ages ago.

We are all adults, so to close something when no rules have been broken or because somebody who MIGHT read it would get offended seems a little silly to me. Therefore I am proposing the following.

1. Posts are not to be closed unless a specific rule is broken.

2. Report Thread button added so people that feel they have been offended can request the Thread be closed.

3. Forum rules are to be updated to cover the changes that seem to have been made.

Ritchie

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Isn't there already a facility to report a post that anyonhe deems to be a problem ?

It's right at the bottom of each and every post in each and every thread - it says 'Report'

ignore point 2 then! Other points are valid though!

But the problem with point 1 being that, maybe there haven't been any forum rules broken, an example being of a thread closed just the other day, relating to 'flowers and s' - It was a thread which comprised of nothing but underhanded, snide comments relating to a problem which specifically involved certain other members of Fabs, a problem which should not have been brought into the forums - end of story, but was. Those who were, 'in the know' knew who and what it was all about. It was an unwarranted use of forum space the sole purpose of scoring points over another member.

Now in this scenario, no rules were broken, however it was an unpleasant thread - I certainly don't want to see a forum full of threads like that, do you ? If your point 1 is agreed that is what we'll end up with, nasty, 'have a dig' threads then those who become involved will say, 'but I've broken no rules' ..

Sorry it would never work for the good of the forums or the site. Moderators need to be allowed the discretion to close a thread regardles of an outright breach of site rules or not.

No I'm not a forum moderator btw ..

see point 3 then!

I do agree that sniping needs to be cut out, cut there have been 2 threads closed in Swingers Chat and to be honest, I really can't see the reason. Just seems it is happening too quickly sometimes.

I can't comment on the other 2 threads that you refer to because I haven't seen them, but I agree in principle with point 3, and if any changes have been made then of course the rules should be updated to reflect any such changes

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

Perish the thought that we should become governed by rules. We can all (I hope) tell when someone is coming the cunt and I, for one, am happy to entrust our overworked moderators to do the correct thing in such circumstances. I trust any moderators abusing their position will be noticed by site admin and the appropriate action taken.

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"...............

We are all adults, .............."

If only that were true. We're all over 18 but you only have to look at some of the shite that's posted in the forums to realise that some contributors have yet to go through puberty.

» Add a new message to this topic