FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Membership extension

Membership extension

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi,

Totally back the decision to close the meets page for now, but given that's at least 50% the reason for being on Fab, are we going to see memberships extended by arrangement similar amount as a temp measure? Seems only fair?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I spend about 80% of my time on here in the Forums, the other 20% messaging. I never go on the Meets page.

By *semymouth_2024Man  over a year ago

swanwick, Alfreton

This was spoke about yesterday in a thread ‘meets suspended’. You have to get in touch with admin if you’d like a refund.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You don't need to be a site supporter to use meets section. If a free to use feature is suspended for a while - what does it has to do with your payment?

Um, really? There's a good reason for it isn't there? Enjoy the other features instead. Make new friends in the forums ...

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

It’s a free feature. If you don’t want to pay for membership then don’t pay, it won’t affect your ability to use the meets feature when it comes back. And people pay for membership for a lot of reasons - I pay to be able to add photos and videos mainly, and have never used meets and probably never will.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

There seems to be some misconception that this site is pay to use. This is not correct this site is free to use, so there is no membership/subscription fee's.

There is a purely voluntary option to become a site supporter, where you out of choice contribute a small amount towards the running of the site and in return as a thank you the site gives you some additional perks. The Meet section is not one of these perks.

So to summarise this site is free to use, so stop banging on about membership fees.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

All of the features that site supporter brings are still available so why should Fab extend these for anyone?

For some people the ability to keep in touch with friends and support each other is more important than ever.So if we message more or cam more would you expect to pay more. The site isn't responsible for what's happening and shouldn't be penalised I just hope they keep the site up and running because some ofthe people I have met are more than just a fuck some are friends and I want to know they are ok.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Personally I am incredulous people are even suggesting this because of the reasons many have already stated

"All of the features that site supporter brings are still available so why should Fab extend these for anyone? "

This

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/03/20 16:25:59]

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

"I spend about 80% of my time on here in the Forums, the other 20% messaging. I never go on the Meets page. "

There’s (was) a Meets page?

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Hi,

Totally back the decision to close the meets page for now, but given that's at least 50% the reason for being on Fab, are we going to see memberships extended by arrangement similar amount as a temp measure? Seems only fair? "

You are not paying to meet. The site is free, site supporters fee pay for additional features such as who's looked, notes, grouped inbox etc. The meets section has gone cos it is the responsible thing to do. People can still meet if they are selfish and irresponsible, so why should there be any changes to site supporter arrangements?

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Hi,

Totally back the decision to close the meets page for now, but given that's at least 50% the reason for being on Fab, are we going to see memberships extended by arrangement similar amount as a temp measure? Seems only fair? "

Since the meets page went the uk forum is awash with FAF posts so nothing is missing really just moved (although I wish the mods would remove it all and dish out the naughty time out step)

By *oggingnfloggingCouple  over a year ago

fife

So why has the club reviews section been closed this seems pointless

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Totally back the decision to close the meets page for now, but given that's at least 50% the reason for being on Fab, are we going to see memberships extended by arrangement similar amount as a temp measure? Seems only fair? "

What seems fair to me as that you can get 395 days as a silver site supporter for just £30, or to put it another way - just 7.5 pence per day.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Hi,

Why? It's only a Fiver a month! But the Meets page is only one facet of the site.

If it was the only aspect on the site and had been removed, I might accept your topic to a degree.

But it isn't relevant. Suck it up for the good the option has been removed and move on.

Greed

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"I spend about 80% of my time on here in the Forums, the other 20% messaging. I never go on the Meets page. "

Same here, plus it’s only a fiver anyway

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Given the extraordinary circumstances, we're waiving our usual policy and offering a 100% no questions asked full refund to any users who are unhappy.

Just use contact link at bottom of homepage and we'll get you sorted

Admin

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Given the extraordinary circumstances, we're waiving our usual policy and offering a 100% no questions asked full refund to any users who are unhappy.

Just use contact link at bottom of homepage and we'll get you sorted

Admin"

You couldn't be fairer than that! Not that I would be asking for a refund.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Are people really wanting a refund for losing access for a FREE feature? I don't know why I'm even suprised anymore.

I certainly hope their site supporter status is removed if they insist on a refund.

On the plus side I’m sure there’s been an increase in the chat room activities and forums, as a silver supporter I’m sure I’m getting value for money anyway.

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"This was spoke about yesterday in a thread ‘meets suspended’. You have to get in touch with admin if you’d like a refund. "

What if we dont want a refund just extensions?

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Hi,

Totally back the decision to close the meets page for now, but given that's at least 50% the reason for being on Fab, are we going to see memberships extended by arrangement similar amount as a temp measure? Seems only fair?

Why? It's only a Fiver a month! But the Meets page is only one facet of the site.

If it was the only aspect on the site and had been removed, I might accept your topic to a degree.

But it isn't relevant. Suck it up for the good the option has been removed and move on."

I pay by card and it's not a fiver its 20

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

[Removed by poster at 25/03/20 22:08:38]

"There seems to be some misconception that this site is pay to use. This is not correct this site is free to use, so there is no membership/subscription fee's.

There is a purely voluntary option to become a site supporter, where you out of choice contribute a small amount towards the running of the site and in return as a thank you the site gives you some additional perks. The Meet section is not one of these perks.

So to summarise this site is free to use, so stop banging on about membership fees. "

I never cease to be amazed how little people will pay to get a meet, no wonder most do not succeed with that attitude!

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

"Hi,

But it isn't relevant. Suck it up for the good the option has been removed and move on.

I pay by card and it's not a fiver its 20 "

A fiver a month is the most expensive. You pay 20 for 170 or 262 days depending on whether you choose gold or silver supporter. That's a lot less than a five a month

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

From my own point of view and as a member, the site is free to use, we don't pay for a guaranteed meet etc, we paid to support the site because we wanted to and that happens to bring a few perks with it.

We are still getting the site support and the few perks , nothing has changed in that respect. If the perks were being removed then I could understand people saying they are not getting what they were paying for.

I know we are all trying to pull together while getting through this virus, the heat warming story of the amazing number of volunteers that have offered to help our vulnerable people is testament to that but I am not sure why people want something for nothing and that is not just this site...it seems to be a common theme in real life too at the moment.

Why do you think it should be extended ? You’re still getting the same from FAB as usual but you just can’t meet. I don’t get it.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

No reason for it to be extended.

» Add a new message to this topic