FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > French quarantine in August?

French quarantine in August?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *antra Massage OP   Man  over a year ago

Carrick

Can anybody give me a guesstimate on what quarantine restrictions might be imposed on visitors to France in August. Ive booked my holiday from mid August, in Brittany. Merci en avance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

You might as well ask for next weeks' lottery numbers. NOBODY knows yet !

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"You might as well ask for next weeks' lottery numbers. NOBODY knows yet !"

Yep. That's about it.

We are hoping to win the lottery this week.

We are also hoping to drive down through France to Spain in early July.

Not sure which has the greater chance.

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Pau France, NOT IN

"Can anybody give me a guesstimate on what quarantine restrictions might be imposed on visitors to France in August. Ive booked my holiday from mid August, in Brittany. Merci en avance. "

We are all hoping the borders will be open by then but at the moment the borders are currently closed until 30th October. The French government are planning to make an announcement on 15th June about the border situation. So I'm afraid you'll have to wait until then. Your biggest unknown at the moment is the UK 14 day quarantine, if that's still in place you'll need to book 3 weeks in France in order to get a one week holiday followed by 2 weeks when you get back to UK. Nice one Boris!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been announced that the 14 day quarantine here is to be voluntary.

How the monkeys chuff is that going to work if not cast in law and strictly enforced.

T

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

France will open its borders on a reciprocal basis with EU/Schengen countries, e.g. Italy from 3 June, Germany from15 June, Spain and Greece from 1 July. Its border will be closed to non-Schengen countries at least until September.

With regard to quarantine, France has stated that, similarly, it will act reciprocally with its neighbours, e.g. 10 days quarantine for Norway, 14 days for Finland.

As for the UK, although a few weeks ago it was thought that Macron/Johnson had agreed that when borders re-opened there wouldn’t be a quarantine obligation for travellers between the two countries, the UK’s new rules will undoubtedly mean a French tit-for-tat.

Not sure if this has been shared. France introduces a 2 week voluntary quarantine from today for people arriving from Spain and then from the 8th June for people arriving from the UK

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

"Can anybody give me a guesstimate on what quarantine restrictions might be imposed on visitors to France in August. Ive booked my holiday from mid August, in Brittany. Merci en avance.

We are all hoping the borders will be open by then but at the moment the borders are currently closed until 30th October. The French government are planning to make an announcement on 15th June about the border situation. So I'm afraid you'll have to wait until then. Your biggest unknown at the moment is the UK 14 day quarantine, if that's still in place you'll need to book 3 weeks in France in order to get a one week holiday followed by 2 weeks when you get back to UK. Nice one Boris!!"

May we ask where you read the information about the French government making a statement on boarders on the 15th June??

Darling Daughter is meant to be getting married in August and at the moment everything is on hold. One of the reasons (apart from the French side of things) is that there is a few folk meant to be arriving from the UK although with Macron retaliating against Boris Trump on the 14 days quarantine thing (Horse, stable, bolted) its looking more and more unlikely

By *iteowlnowCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

For what it’s worth our input We had planned on going to France last week i2 weeks in June. We canceled that trip at the end of March on the basis of the information that was available there wasn’t a chance of us been able to travel in June. At the moment a two week trip to France will cost us 4 weeks of leave and odds are nothing is going to be fully operational

We had penciled in September but have decided not to bother there is just to much uncertainty. The only certainty is that social distancing and travel restrictions are going to be with us for a while. The possibility of getting to France but not been able to get back home because new outbreak anywhere could result in Borders been closed again

We will look forward to next year fingers crossed

By *antra Massage OP   Man  over a year ago

Carrick

Thanks for info, everybody. Im travelling from ireland, a non Schengen country, so looks like i wont be able to travel. Merci a tous.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

“… travelling from ireland, a non Schengen country”

As you are aware, Ireland opted out of Schengen to maintain the Common Travel Agreement (CTA) and an open border with NI. However, as a consequence of the UK’s introduction of 14-day quarantine for European visitors, Ireland will be forced to do the same (otherwise an evil foreigner might slip into the UK via Dublin), and France’s “tit-for-tat” suggests you’d be obliged to quarantine in both directions!

At the moment, France's "tit for tat" is optional.

France has not stooped as low as the UK.

» Add a new message to this topic