FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Eurostar Cancellations

Eurostar Cancellations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ive deep mountain high OP   Man  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

Was all set to travel via Eurostar and now advised that they have cancelled the journey due to Covid 19 . Travelling to Cap this year is very hit and miss , I have been the subject of numerous cancellations from both Ryanair and Easyjet . Despite the fact that I made a number of re books through Ryanair , I have now received vouchers as opposed to the refunds requested . Eurostar only appear to issue credit notes and do not offer refunds .

The only good news is that Ryanair are offering flights at £20 single from both Luton and Stansted .

I guess a number of people will argue that people should not be travelling to France in any event . However , I am very careful to observe social distancing and have avoided taking the risks I have seen some people take earlier in the season

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

What is your response to the Foreign Office statement which says only travel to France if your journey is essential ?

"What is your response to the Foreign Office statement which says only travel to France if your journey is essential ?"
It does not look like many people will be travelling to France in the current situation. I have a apartment which needs to be prepared for the winter.

Leeds

Yes - Stanley Johnson was able to travel to Greece when flights from UK were banned as he needed to "Covid-proof" his villa.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sadly she who must be obeyed doesn’t think that’s an adequate excuse for us to come down in a couple of weeks time

"Yes - Stanley Johnson was able to travel to Greece when flights from UK were banned as he needed to "Covid-proof" his villa. "
However a ban on travel is an entirely different set of circumstances to a recommendation.

Leeds

Yes but the Foreign Office's current advice about travel to France means insurance is invalid.

"Yes but the Foreign Office's current advice about travel to France means insurance is invalid. "
I would have thought that the validity of your insurance depends on the terms of an individual policy. Different policies will cover different risks. Health should be covered by an EHIC card .

Leeds

Yes Health will be covered by an EHIC card until the end of the year

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

Your EHIC card will get you basic medical treatment, nothing more. It will not get you repatriated to the UK if you needed it for any reason. That's why you need to have insurance cover as well. Are you really that desperate to go on holiday. We have enough problems here in France with numbers with the virus increasing, which has happened due to the country opening up to every man and his dog from all the other countries with increasing numbers. STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!

"Your EHIC card will get you basic medical treatment, nothing more. It will not get you repatriated to the UK if you needed it for any reason. That's why you need to have insurance cover as well. Are you really that desperate to go on holiday. We have enough problems here in France with numbers with the virus increasing, which has happened due to the country opening up to every man and his dog from all the other countries with increasing numbers. STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"
However not all visitors are going on holidays. There may be other reasons for visiting. Presumably anyone concerned about the validity of their insurance should look at the policy itself and any updates on the insurers website. What is covered ( or not covered ) would be policy specific.

Leeds

I don't think it likely that any insurance policy covers someone who travels to a country against Foreign Office advice.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

OP I had a eurostar cancellation to Amsterdam a few days ago. Booked easyjet return for under £60 and am here now.

Eurostar offered me vouchers for the next 12 months and I've booked Paris in October.

Amsterdam is busy but not rammed. I'd imagine France is similar. Apart from trains and trams, there is no mask wearing here.

You really don't need to justify your reasons to travel to the retards on this site. Get your ass abroad and have an awesome time.

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

"OP I had a eurostar cancellation to Amsterdam a few days ago. Booked easyjet return for under £60 and am here now.

Eurostar offered me vouchers for the next 12 months and I've booked Paris in October.

Amsterdam is busy but not rammed. I'd imagine France is similar. Apart from trains and trams, there is no mask wearing here.

You really don't need to justify your reasons to travel to the retards on this site. Get your ass abroad and have an awesome time.

"

Firstly don't think you should be calling people who are trying to stay safe "retards". Secondly, it is the attitude of people like you that has caused the virus to spread rapidly amongst some people. Thirdly, when you catch the virus and get unwell don't expect anyone to give you any sympathy. Can't really write what we actually think of you

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"OP I had a eurostar cancellation to Amsterdam a few days ago. Booked easyjet return for under £60 and am here now.

"

Hello

Never thought myself as a retard, maybe it's a typo and you think I'm retired, not quite there yet either.

It always interests me when young guys, like yourself, feel the need to throw insults around.

Can I ask why you feel the need to do so and do you ever consider your replies may hinder your ability to meet folks.

If you met someone at a party and she didn't immediately fall for your rapier wit, would she be a retard too.

Bit hard to tell from your profile, been on almost 12 months and no verifications, too many retards for you ?

» Add a new message to this topic