FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Pet Passports

Pet Passports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *W55 OP   Man  over a year ago

Brecon

Hi All

Some information regarding the rip off UK vet charges for the animal health certificate, I have two ESS and travel 6 or 7 times a year to my place near Coutance, I travelled back to the UK a week ago and was talking to a pet owner with 5 terriers she was complaining about the AHS, so I suggested that next time they go to France go and see your vet and get them EU passports, as there is no requirement for a AHC travelling to France with an EU passport, also returning to the UK the procedure is unchanged.

I hope that this information will be useful, as I say I have a place near Coutance and if anyone is local it would be nice to meet socially ??

Regards David

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi All

Some information regarding the rip off UK vet charges for the animal health certificate, I have two ESS and travel 6 or 7 times a year to my place near Coutance, I travelled back to the UK a week ago and was talking to a pet owner with 5 terriers she was complaining about the AHS, so I suggested that next time they go to France go and see your vet and get them EU passports, as there is no requirement for a AHC travelling to France with an EU passport, also returning to the UK the procedure is unchanged.

I hope that this information will be useful, as I say I have a place near Coutance and if anyone is local it would be nice to meet socially ??

Regards David"

I agree with you - I have a house in France too (near Mayenne) and previously I used to split my time 50/50. My dog has an EU passport as she was a rescue from Eastern Europe but my 2 cats are from England and have passports from here.

When I registered my dog in France via the vet (which is mandatory when I lived there previously) I asked about changing my cats passports to French ones and he said it wasn’t allowed unless the passport was full.

I have heard of lots of people that have changed their dogs passports though. Easy to do for a dog as they get full quickly because of the worming requirement. Probably best to wait until you need a new rabies jab as it will then have an EU sourced jab.

So... my current pet passport is defunct?.., what do I need to travel to France...

I’m nr Limoges

Alan

By *kijetCouple  over a year ago

bristol

"So... my current pet passport is defunct?.., what do I need to travel to France...

I’m nr Limoges

Alan"

The consequences of voting Brexit

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So... my current pet passport is defunct?.., what do I need to travel to France...

I’m nr Limoges

Alan

The consequences of voting Brexit "

It keeps the rabid dogs of Europe out of the Britain very in favour of this

I’m nr Limoges

Alan"

Yes U.K. pet passports aren’t valid for travel to Europe/Schengen areas.

You have to visit the vet and get a certificate to state fit to travel. Unfortunately rip off vets can charge what they like for this as they are private practice.

The certs are valid for return within 4 months included.

Thanks for the info

» Add a new message to this topic