FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Payment of French Tax

Payment of French Tax

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *op Skip and Jump OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I owe tax and the due date is 25 February . However when I logged on to my account on the relevany French government website it would not allow me to make a payment , Currently I am making monthly payments which I assumed are on account payments for the current tax year .

The tax demand states the following .

Attention : vous devez communiquer vos coordonnées bancaires sur

impots.gouv.fr, dans votre espace particulier, à la rubrique « Gérer

mon prélèvement à la source » avant le 12/02/2021.

I assume this means that I must provide my bank details before 12 th February ( which I have done ) . Does this mean that on 25 th February the full amount of tax due will be collected from my bank account ( in addition to the monthly amount already collected )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

London

This is the message I receive when I attempt to pay

À cette date, aucun impôt payable en ligne n’est rattaché à votre numéro fiscal.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I hate the French tax man ... And I'm French .

In fact I hate all French bureaucracies

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My tax is deducted automatically through the year- I think in three payments - directly from my bank account.

I found this quite straightforward - the most complicated thing being filling in the tax form but, once you get your head round it, it is not too bad.

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

we sold our french property more than 12 months ago and we are still being asked for tax foncieres and d'habitation.

I have written to them now and explained so hope that will be the end of it.

It is a complicated system

London

"My tax is deducted automatically through the year- I think in three payments - directly from my bank account.

I found this quite straightforward - the most complicated thing being filling in the tax form but, once you get your head round it, it is not too bad."

. Thank you for the reply . When I first did a return I asked someone who was a French citizen for advice . Their advice was completely wrong and I eventually managed to do it myself. I just want to avoid incurring any penalties for late payment . As the tax authorities have my bank account details I will just assume that they are going to collect the amount due automatically on the due date. Patrick.

By *exjoyMan  over a year ago

bicester

These taxes are based on ownership/occupancy on Jan 1 st of each year

So, if you sold on Jan 2 nd or after, you are liable for the tax on a pro rata basis

Al

tavistock

hi we sold in november so def dont owe it, thanks anyway for the info

I strongly advise you to contact them

BY email the process is quite easy, you will save a lot of time and complication.

tavistock

if that message was for me, they dont respond to emails, the estate agent who sold the property says write to them which we shall do

Hi

IF you have a "numéro fiscal", then log in to your personnal account, then there is an internal email service

Had few issues with them, was able to fix them quickly trough that way

JUst my personal experience

but in case of very sensitive issue, writing a mail with LRAR (lettre recommandé avec accusé de récéption) might be a good idea.

If u are near them , you can directly go their office

tavistock

you have to give them proof of who u are passport etc cant do that from UK

so we will write when i can get some stamps lol

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Anyone know anything about getting a tva number.. I have just set up a sarl and have a siret number but not sure if a tva number is assigned or you have to apply for one.. pm replies are fine ..

By *imousinguyMan  over a year ago

Limousin, France

"Anyone know anything about getting a tva number.. I have just set up a sarl and have a siret number but not sure if a tva number is assigned or you have to apply for one.. pm replies are fine .."

I just emailed my local SIE quoting my siret and asking them to issue me one and got it emailed within a couple of days

[Removed by poster at 12/02/21 18:38:11]

"Anyone know anything about getting a tva number.. I have just set up a sarl and have a siret number but not sure if a tva number is assigned or you have to apply for one.. pm replies are fine ..

I just emailed my local SIE quoting my siret and asking them to issue me one and got it emailed within a couple of days

"

Brilliant - thanks, quick call to SIE and I have my tva number ... cheers

London

"I owe tax and the due date is 25 February . However when I logged on to my account on the relevany French government website it would not allow me to make a payment , Currently I am making monthly payments which I assumed are on account payments for the current tax year .

The tax demand states the following .

Attention : vous devez communiquer vos coordonnées bancaires sur

impots.gouv.fr, dans votre espace particulier, à la rubrique « Gérer

mon prélèvement à la source » avant le 12/02/2021.

I assume this means that I must provide my bank details before 12 th February ( which I have done ) . Does this mean that on 25 th February the full amount of tax due will be collected from my bank account ( in addition to the monthly amount already collected ) "

All sorted now . I have just checked bank statements and the full amount owing was debited yesterday . The system appears to be set that you are unable to make a mauual payment if you have alrady provided bank details in order for an automatic collection of the amouut due

» Add a new message to this topic