FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > New restrictions

New restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akrox23 OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

So the French have decided to put UK arrivals on quarantine. Looks like that will put an end to our July travel plans

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olo CplCouple  over a year ago

London

If you are arriving from a country within the European space, you can enter France. You must comply with health regulations to enter France (PCR test and sworn declaration). You are not required to self-isolate.

The countries which comprise the European space are all the European Union Member States, as well as Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino and Switzerland.

London

Arrivals from Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United Kingdom.

If you are arriving from one of those seven countries, you can enter France. You must comply with health regulations to enter France (PCR test and sworn declaration). You must self-isolate for seven days after your arrival.

By *urvylover999Man  over a year ago

saint james , france

"Arrivals from Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United Kingdom.

If you are arriving from one of those seven countries, you can enter France. You must comply with health regulations to enter France (PCR test and sworn declaration). You must self-isolate for seven days after your arrival."

To change from 31st may .....

10 day quarantine for those travelling from uk

Must take eEITHER pcr test 36 hours prior to departure (instead of 72) OR take BOTH a pcr test within 72 hours AND take an antigen within 24 hours of departure.

For info eventuallly to follow ......

London

[Removed by poster at 27/05/21 07:46:02]

London

"Arrivals from Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United Kingdom.

If you are arriving from one of those seven countries, you can enter France. You must comply with health regulations to enter France (PCR test and sworn declaration). You must self-isolate for seven days after your arrival.

To change from 31st may .....

10 day quarantine for those travelling from uk

Must take eEITHER pcr test 36 hours prior to departure (instead of 72) OR take BOTH a pcr test within 72 hours AND take an antigen within 24 hours of departure.

For info eventuallly to follow ......"

but we are wondering about traveling from the UK or living in the UK? we live in norway and connecting flights from Manchester to Beziers. we have 4 hours waiting time to take flight.

notts

Being from the UK if we have to self isolate for 7 days that kind of defeats the object of going to Cap as well as being a giant pain in the arse!

By *urvylover999Man  over a year ago

saint james , france

"Being from the UK if we have to self isolate for 7 days that kind of defeats the object of going to Cap as well as being a giant pain in the arse!"

To be fair up until a date where supposedly France were to change their restrictions for tourists entering France If you entered now this week, next week etc you had to quarantine for 7 days anyway

By *eachcplCouple  over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

According to a French news site France will not allow flights from the UK from Friday. Also the period of quarantine time has not yet been announced. A further announcement is expected in the next couple of days.

Germany has already banned flights from the UK.

To be honest it is good for us here in France to be protected from the latest virus. The UK numbers are rising again because people won't do as they are instructed. They will pay the price eventually.

It might seem very self-centred but we are still behind in the vaccinations programme so many of us are not fully protected here yet. We don't want the latest varient here. If it means people missing a holiday for a year then so be it.

notts

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have already got the variant in France and it will inevitably take hold just as it will in the UK. Agreed you are behind on vaccines and which is the basis of the decision albeit fundamentally flawed IMO. Levels in UK are at a v low level thanks largely to the vaccine if anything we should be banning flights from the EU. (I am a remainer by the way).

If all countries behaved like France we can all forget foreign travel forever!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have already got the variant in France and it will inevitably take hold just as it will in the UK. Agreed you are behind on vaccines and which is the basis of the decision albeit fundamentally flawed IMO. Levels in UK are at a v low level thanks largely to the vaccine if anything we should be banning flights from the EU. (I am a remainer by the way).

If all countries behaved like France we can all forget foreign travel forever!"

I was amazed when I checked the info for entering France before this new change. The quarantine rules included being allowed out for essential reasons (food shopping, exercise) for 2 hours a day. It will be interesting if they include this with the new guidance.

By *inkie and perkyCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield/manchester

How can you protect from the virus without an efficient vaccination programme.its an economic disaster for france

"How can you protect from the virus without an efficient vaccination programme.its an economic disaster for france"

Looking at the newest figures France has vaccinated 50% of people and opened it up for all adults to be able to book theirs, subject to availability.

"How can you protect from the virus without an efficient vaccination programme.its an economic disaster for france

Looking at the newest figures France has vaccinated 50% of people and opened it up for all adults to be able to book theirs, subject to availability."

Indeed our 22yr old returned from uni Tuesday and he was jabbed on Wednesday which was very efficient.

But they have taken their time rolling it out.

Tony

"Being from the UK if we have to self isolate for 7 days that kind of defeats the object of going to Cap as well as being a giant pain in the arse!"

Don't Go Then. Thay are only protecting themselves. Stop being selfish and think of the long term reasons why they are doing this.

notts

Thanks Michael very helpful

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

The main issue is the lack of health insurance every one we have asked to Quote say the cover is null and void if the country you are staying in is on the UK's Amber or Red list.

By *extravagantWoman  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Cap is looking very unlikely this year.

By *ennyPaulPooleCouple  over a year ago

Poole

UK visitors to France are currently required to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival and complete a “sworn statement” (declaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight,

They must take a further test on day seven and are allowed to end self-isolation if it is negative.

But from 31 May travellers must have a test in the 36 hours before arrival – or present an additional negative antigen test no older than 24 hours – and isolate for seven days.

While there is no obligation to go into a hotel, self-isolation is closely supervised by police. Anyone who is not at their registered quarantine location faces a fine starting at €1,000 (£870).

from the Independant,

Also non essential travel is now banned into France inc 2nd home owners, so its looking like definitely not making green for the next opening up by Shapps on the 10th June or indeed on the one after on 1st July either, Our ferry leaves on the 2nd so looking unlikely we're be on it at the moment.

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Don't forget there is always next year ????

"Don't forget there is always next year ????"

Yes. I left France in March 2020 on lockdown day as I wanted to be near my daughter in case of any problems for either of us. I didn’t visit at all between then and now as I felt it was irresponsible but really need to check my house and tame the garden.

By *mooth and becksCouple  over a year ago

Agde

Just to give people a insight into what it’s like in the cap now. We are here now and in and out most days between Marseillan and port nature. Yesterday Saturday was quite for a Saturday as weather was unpredictable. It tuned out ok in the end The beach was quite busy and the bay of pigs was in full swing so to speak usual action on the edge of dunes and in the sea. All this seems so strange to be allowed as in the village mask are being worn and the police presence is quite high. In the evening it was real busy with locals arriving all bars and restaurants full but they all have reduced capacity as the tables have been moved further apart. You go to the bars below the wiki and it’s rammed. Just before 9 pm and everything starts shutting up By 9 all closed and most people back in there apartments. Again so odd we look up at port nature and a guy is sitting on the wall like everyone usually do The security turn up on a walk about and tell him to go back inside his terrace. None of this makes sense when you can go fuck on the beach during in the day. Soon the bars can stay open until 11 pm so I guess it will be a repeat of how it is now but a couple of hours longer outside. The only other thing is haven’t seen a English person at all just mainly French and a few German Dutch Belgium and Luxembourg people. How long this lasts for who knows.

notts

Thanks for the insight

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Remembering what happened last year when clubs/bars abused the restrictions leading to the Cap being virtually shut down mid August.

Then the heavy mob, the CRS were patrolling in force, this year the police are all over, even plainclothes officers who flash their badges at you to wear your masks.

A free for all on the swinger beach,at the moment, but a different feel in the village.

Think this year we will be spending more time at Terre de Soleil/L’extasia just to get away from this heavy handed approach.

"Remembering what happened last year when clubs/bars abused the restrictions leading to the Cap being virtually shut down mid August.

Then the heavy mob, the CRS were patrolling in force, this year the police are all over, even plainclothes officers who flash their badges at you to wear your masks.

A free for all on the swinger beach,at the moment, but a different feel in the village.

Think this year we will be spending more time at Terre de Soleil/L’extasia just to get away from this heavy handed approach."

We agree , Terre de Soleil it is for us too

By *havenpussycatsCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

We're hoping for the best! Had booked for the 9th July, rolled over same dates from the year before. Our flights to Montpelier were cancelled months ago by BA, if the situation changes with French quarantine policy we'll book different flights to Marsaille or Toulouse. Think likely now we'll go somewhere else for a vanilla holiday on those dates & maybe have a crack at moving the Cap D'Agde booking back until August perhaps.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Terre de Soleil has been busy this weekend and still quite a few here during the week.

L'Extasia hoping to open in July, obviously subject to restrictions at the time.

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Join the club struggling to find a health insurance that would cover us if they remain in Amber anyways.

"Join the club struggling to find a health insurance that would cover us if they remain in Amber anyways."

Travel insurance won’t cover covid now it was officially classed as a pandemic.

The chances of Visit Cap this year is looking very unlikely with every post

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

We’re both “double-Pfizer’d” so unrestricted travel within the EU is soon on the cards using our QR Code, but Boris seems to be using holidaymakers and second-homers as bargaining chips (excuse the pun).

"We’re both “double-Pfizer’d” so unrestricted travel within the EU is soon on the cards using our QR Code, but Boris seems to be using holidaymakers and second-homers as bargaining chips (excuse the pun)."

What’s the QR code you mention? I’m double vaccinated as well.

"We’re both “double-Pfizer’d” so unrestricted travel within the EU is soon on the cards using our QR Code, but Boris seems to be using holidaymakers and second-homers as bargaining chips (excuse the pun).

What’s the QR code you mention? I’m double vaccinated as well. "

The QR code is on your paper work from when you were jabbed or it is on ours.

Tony

"The QR code is on your paper work from when you were jabbed or it is on ours"

Exactly. It can also be downloaded on your 'phone - which is how it will be checked at airports etc - I'm not sure whether the certificate (paper work) itself or a "snapshot" of the QR Code will serve, but I know for a fact that Germany, France and Luxembourg (we've relatives and friends in each) are already geared up for proven double-jabbed voyagers not to quarantine.

As regards UK/EU travel, that's more political than health or logistical considerations.

""The QR code is on your paper work from when you were jabbed or it is on ours"

Exactly. It can also be downloaded on your 'phone - which is how it will be checked at airports etc - I'm not sure whether the certificate (paper work) itself or a "snapshot" of the QR Code will serve, but I know for a fact that Germany, France and Luxembourg (we've relatives and friends in each) are already geared up for proven double-jabbed voyagers not to quarantine.

As regards UK/EU travel, that's more political than health or logistical considerations."

Yes - I wonder if the UK will reciprocate with the EU (once the UK becomes a green zone) and allow travellers to come and go providing they have their vaccine passports (or two jabs - or equivalent).

As you say - more political than anything else.

"be downloaded on your 'phone - which is how it will be checked at airports"

I’ve got the vaccines showing in the NHS app on my phone. So I think I’m sorted. Just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up really.

"be downloaded on your 'phone - which is how it will be checked at airports

I’ve got the vaccines showing in the NHS app on my phone. So I think I’m sorted. Just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up really. "

Yes, I have had that on my French anti Covid app for almost a month now - since I got my 2nd injection.

Whilst EU Europe appears to be accepting this as a vaccine passport, the UK still needs to do the same.

I would honestly say that the UK is the country that needs to catch up and get with the rest of Europe with some joined up thinking.

Hopefully by the end of this month they will..

Agde, France

Read a comment yesterday from one of Boris's chums who said the UK vaccine passport was 'some way off..."

It's great isn't it...?

Let's sit around scratching our arses in No10 while Joe Public stays at home at waits for us to get our act together...

Lets hope the EU scheme gets off the ground soon..

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

Carlisle Dumfries

try this for amber insurance

https://www.staysure.co.uk/fco-advice-travel-insurance/

U.K. flights allowed to enter France now

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210604-france-reopens-for-foreign-tourists-but-with-conditions

By *mooth and becksCouple  over a year ago

Agde

We think after the 9th June the problem of coming to France will not be with French restrictions but U.K. just had some English friends pop over via Portsmouth ferry. Sadly not to enjoy the sun but a family funeral. They are now back in U.K. There advise is anyone who travels at the mo are mad unless strictly necessary. Since being back track and trace have rang them ever day. They have spent a fortune on Covid tests all negative lost earnings for both They have both had one vaccination each before coming. They have quarantined for 10 days What makes it a joke is both there adult children live at home and both go out to work and meet the public.

QR Code update:

Bearing in mind we’re not particularly computer-literate (I don’t even have a smart- or camera-phone), today we found it surprisingly easy to scan both our paper Certificates of Vaccination onto the missus’ ‘phone and from 9th June we’ll be able to eat inside restaurants, go to indoor festivals etc., and soon travel within Europe. Down-side appears to be that because of the App, “Big Brother” now knows and records exactly where we are and who’s within one metre of us but, more importantly, until I replace my “burners” with my own smart-phone I won’t be able to go anywhere without her!

By *carborough_funCouple  over a year ago

Scarborough

Big brother is doing that anyway

If you’re worried about that

Don’t have a phone

Passport

Number plate

Any sort of insurance

A registered abode

Or

A job

Hope this helps

By *assanova999Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam, Cap d'Agde

Hi all!

Does anyone know if one has to get an rt-pcr test if traveling to france from next week from within the schengen area?

Confused about ever-changing travel rules

Definitely NOT necessary to enter France from Germany or Luxembourg, provided you have proof of having been double-jabbed at least 14 days (possibly ten, didn't bother to check) before entry. Same will apply everywhere in continental Europe before long...

By *assanova999Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam, Cap d'Agde

"Definitely NOT necessary to enter France from Germany or Luxembourg, provided you have proof of having been double-jabbed at least 14 days (possibly ten, didn't bother to check) before entry. Same will apply everywhere in continental Europe before long..."

What about in case of one not having been vaccinated yet coming from belgium?

By *ichardjjCouple  over a year ago

telford

French announce ,Brits that have had both injections will be able to travel to France from next Wednesday 9th

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS  over a year ago

Haverfordwest

"French announce ,Brits that have had both injections will be able to travel to France from next Wednesday 9th"

UK is going to be on the amber list so you will also need a negative PCR test. If not fully vaccinated then its a PCR test plus proof of essential travel plus self quarantine. Only people from green listed countries can enter when fully vaccinated with no PCR test.

"What about in case of one not having been vaccinated yet coming from belgium"

If you've not been fully vaccinated then it remains "essential" travel only

Due in Cap end of July, but haven’t until this Friday to cancel and get most of my money back, looks like another summer of fun could be on hold

By *nkedlady2Couple  over a year ago

Oldham

Ryanair cancelled our flights for the end of June. Thats two years now. Cant wait until we can finally get to Cap

"Ryanair cancelled our flights for the end of June. Thats two years now. Cant wait until we can finally get to Cap"

Just book another one with the voucher you get. That’s what I did when they cancelled mine.

notts

Ryan air have just cancelled ours too from Luton or Stansted until 16 July!!!

London

hmm so bad. same here our route on 29 june be cancelled to. . now we booked from Holand to Montpellier

By *olin964Man  over a year ago

Maidenhead

I was planning to go to the South of France at the end of July. I've pretty much given up on the idea of getting there now.

Most annoying thing is, I was due to go at the end of August last year, and had to cancel a week before. Had I gone at the end of July last year, all would have been good.

notts

We are now flying to Carcasonne and getting a train down from there. Quarantine not the issue it was for us but could do without having to pay accom for 10 days if we are tested positive before we return. Will be social distancing and being good. Still a naked holiday in the sun.. well hopefully!

By *avidAndJaneCouple  over a year ago

Brittany, Dept 22 France & Colchester

If fully vaccinated (2 weeks post 2nd jab) then you are free to enter France from the UK & there is no self-isolation. You also need a PCR test up to 72 hours prior to departure or an antigen (lateral flow) test up to 48 hours before departure.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

what about the other way around .. france to UK and back..

Sailed out of France yesterday and they were being dodgy about letting us leave because they didn’t believe we live in France which is a bit odd but maybe they were bored as they said we were lucky and let us sail !!!!

And we are on the ferry on the way back and we were luckily apparently that Newhaven accepted

my daughters antigen test as it didn’t have the time on it.

It’s been a fucking ball ache but worth it to get our daughter nearly home!!!!

We are armed with the ultimate thing to prove that we live in France which is a bottle of French Coke Zero brought from the intermache 36140

Tony

Agde, France

That'll learn 'em...

"That'll learn 'em...

"

Took 25 mins to get through but no probs and we are back in France!!!

Yhay

Tony

So basically if we are fully vaccinated we need a PCR test for entry to France and another PCR test for returning to England?

Yes, and further two tests and quarantine when you return to England

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

So everyone getting the magic bullet vaccine has worth it ??? you wait until the boosters start coming online !!!

"So basically if we are fully vaccinated we need a PCR test for entry to France and another PCR test for returning to England?"

Or an Antigen test to enter France.

Tony

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"So everyone getting the magic bullet vaccine has worth it ??? you wait until the boosters start coming online !!!"

Matt Hancock is now saying that they will introduce a scheme where if you have had two shots over two weeks ago then you won't need to quarantine on returning to UK.

"Matt Hancock is now saying that they will introduce a scheme where if you have had two shots over two weeks ago then you won't need to quarantine on returning to UK"

Link? I don't know about the quarantine bit but I can't see Boots et al giving up their nice little earner without a fight. Minimum of two hundred quid for the both of us, as soon as our double-Pfizer is recognised by the UK without additional testing we'll be on the next ferry to Dover

"So everyone getting the magic bullet vaccine has worth it ??? you wait until the boosters start coming online !!!

Matt Hancock is now saying that they will introduce a scheme where if you have had two shots over two weeks ago then you won't need to quarantine on returning to UK."

Yes but apparently you still need the PCR test when returning.

I was planning to flight to Geneva then going to France but looks like even complicated to enter Swissland !!

"So everyone getting the magic bullet vaccine has worth it ??? you wait until the boosters start coming online !!!

Matt Hancock is now saying that they will introduce a scheme where if you have had two shots over two weeks ago then you won't need to quarantine on returning to UK.

Yes but apparently you still need the PCR test when returning. "

No you can have the Antigen test, which is quicker and cheaper. I think its fair that everyone should have it to return home.

» Add a new message to this topic