FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Reports France might go red

Reports France might go red

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eamminxy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Newquay

We cannot believe the Uk government are now talking about possibly putting France to red list…. This situation is getting so out of control. Very worried for our trip at end of July now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn’t worry. The Daily Mail has been harping on about France all summer long (from it banning U.K. visitors to now this).

By *mooth and becksCouple  over a year ago

Agde

If anyone needs going into the red it’s the U.K. cannot believe bojo is opening up everything Monday. Our daughter is at home with her boyfriend both with Covid second daughter has had to move in with friends as she not got it but is on her second 10 day NHS app ping. She has lost weeks of work. It’s ripping through Somerset like the plague. Glad we are in France. Both daughters and boyfriend have had one vacation. Most of there friends either have it or are recovering.

"If anyone needs going into the red it’s the U.K. cannot believe bojo is opening up everything Monday. Our daughter is at home with her boyfriend both with Covid second daughter has had to move in with friends as she not got it but is on her second 10 day NHS app ping. She has lost weeks of work. "

She should delete that crappy app for a start.

By *aughtyYorkshireCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"We cannot believe the Uk government are now talking about possibly putting France to red list…. This situation is getting so out of control. Very worried for our trip at end of July now "

Absolute nightmare. We due to go on Thursday

By *anasonicCouple  over a year ago

Sherborne

We was so looking forward to going, finger & toes crossed that it stays in the Amber list

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Travelling Monday can't see red card for France happening. If it happens to anyone more likely to be the UK, more worried about that than France.

Yorkshire

"Travelling Monday can't see red card for France happening. If it happens to anyone more likely to be the UK, more worried about that than France. "

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-ministers-to-decide-if-france-will-be-moved-to-red-travel-list-within-days-12357257

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Travelling Monday can't see red card for France happening. If it happens to anyone more likely to be the UK, more worried about that than France.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-ministers-to-decide-if-france-will-be-moved-to-red-travel-list-within-days-12357257

"

The reason the uk government may make the decision now is because of the summer holidays for the kids.. and if the rate of infection rises they believe they will not have enough quarantine hotel rooms available for people to stay in…

I thought it would have ended up the french banning the uk and not the other way round…

Hi there

Could you provide me with a reliable UK website to know when France will be a red country ?

We should leave it in few weeks I hope, as vaccine is nearly mandatory now in France

"Hi there

Could you provide me with a reliable UK website to know when France will be a red country ?

We should leave it in few weeks I hope, as vaccine is nearly mandatory now in France"

I have been in France for 2 weeks and amazed at how many of my neighbours have not had the jab or intend to.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hi there

We should leave it in few weeks I hope, as vaccine is nearly mandatory now in France"

It’s not a red country yet… but France was specifically exempt from the amber list regulations with regards to having to self quarantine for 10 days if you had been double jabbed

This exemption is being removed as of Monday… so if you come back from France you will need to self isolate on return go 10 days regardless of your vaccine status

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/quarantine-to-remain-for-vaccinated-uk-travellers-returning-from-france?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Just read this - crazy.

The UK has more infections, has the delta variant yet puts France into a new category.

What's going on?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/quarantine-to-remain-for-vaccinated-uk-travellers-returning-from-france?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Just read this - crazy.

The UK has more infections, has the delta variant yet puts France into a new category.

What's going on?"

France has basically had a outbreak of the “beta” variant… that is the South African variant…

By *rMrs Horny300Man  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

France is now red !

Yorkshire

"France is now red !

"

No it is not. It is still amber but 10 days home quarantine

By *rMrs Horny300Man  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Bbc news got over excited

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

France carlisle Dumfries

"Hi there

We should leave it in few weeks I hope, as vaccine is nearly mandatory now in France

It’s not a red country yet… but France was specifically exempt from the amber list regulations with regards to having to self quarantine for 10 days if you had been double jabbed

This exemption is being removed as of Monday… so if you come back from France you will need to self isolate on return go 10 days regardless of your vaccine status "

Actually it's been on the Amber list, plus 10 days even for double jabbed, since at least May. No exemption. We returned to the UK mid May and had to quarantine and we'd our jabs at Easter. My partner returned to the UK last weekend and is still in quarantine

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Oh, fuck it!

Think I’ll cancel my trip back home and weather the storm here in Cap d’Agde.

By *aelic funMan  over a year ago

France carlisle Dumfries

Going by the BBC reports of record positive cases in the uk you’re probably better staying !

By *fireinsideCouple  over a year ago

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

Supposed to be going to France in two weeks time, quarantine upon return we can maybe just about do (reduced to 5 with a test) but the biggest fear is France moving into red list while we’re over there! Having to suddenly pay for a hotel quarantine in order to return home is definitely something we haven’t budgeted for!

So much uncertainty, cap looking ever more doubtful now!

By *rivateshooter2Man  over a year ago

Stoke

Sadly there seems there is some basis for this story. The Guardian reports it :-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/quarantine-to-remain-for-vaccinated-uk-travellers-returning-from-france

Ashford and dept16

Well that was closer than we thought, but news today says held back from red and added self isolation on return for double jabbed.

Its a roll"a"coaster this travel malarkey!!

By *rivateshooter2Man  over a year ago

Stoke

..and , just as long as you can isolate at home, then no need to be locked up in a hotel at a cost of £1250 + !

It could have been worse - but it may yet be. Fingers crossed for a good outcome !

Ashford and dept16

All for nowt positive test no symptoms 10 day delay.

"All for nowt positive test no symptoms 10 day delay. "

It’s not really for nowt is it because now you can isolate and help stop the spread of covid and when you are in the clear French France hopefully will still be here.

Sorry to hear your bad news and hopefully your ten days will pass quickly and you do not develop symptoms.

Best of luck.

Tonu

Yet another problem caused by Brexit and voting for a Moron to be prime minister.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

So double vaccinate but if I fly to the UK from Beziers I have to quarantine for 10 days but if I nip 100 minutes down the road to Girona, Spain then I won't have to.

Simples!

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Be careful you would had to have left France 10 days before you fly.(officialy) getting fed up of all the bs. Good luck xx

By *fireinsideCouple  over a year ago

wilts/berks/oxfordshire

Pretty sure they got on top of that little loop hole when people starting flying home from red list countries via turkey a few months back.

Great idea but I’d imagine it’s not as easy as it sounds.

By *carborough_funCouple  over a year ago

Scarborough

It most certainly isn’t

You have to have spent the 10 days you’d ordinarily have quarantined in a amber or green country

Not the new amber plus

1000 pound fine per head as

Per fco travel advice lol

By *urreymojoCouple  over a year ago

Ascot

Why do you think it’s funny? ..just curious

Scarborough

Don’t think any of it’s remotely funny

Lol was probably the wrong thing, but there wasn’t an abbreviation for

As stupid as the government appear to act

They aren’t quite as thick as To not consider that loophole

Perhaps

ASATGATATAQATANTCTL

might have made you more curious

And just to further satisfy any future curiosity I’m no huge fan of this government

Help

At all ?

Scarborough

And another bit funny thing

If my LOL stops someone driving into Spain

Flying back

And being welcomed home with a

1750 pound prison bill (that’s enforced quarantine bill)

Plus At least 1000 pound fine

Then isn’t that a good thing

Just curious ?

» Add a new message to this topic