FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Winter tyres

Winter tyres

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *renchcpl90 OP   Couple  over a year ago

wexford

New laws coming in on the 1st of November in 48 departments. You will need winter tyres or the newer cross climate with m+s three peak snow flake symbol. Or carry a set of snow chains.

The East and South East of France. Will post a link for the maps tomorrow

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always carry snow chains in winter - relatively inexpensive and handy when going into the mountains.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

A lot of mountain passes snow chains are compulsory. When I go to Andorra skiing, I normally take my 4x4 that has extreme mud and snow tyres on anyway..

It's funny whenever you visit a vide grenier here there is always, always someone selling snow chains..

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/New-winter-tyre-rules-take-effect-on-some-French-roads-from-November

The Connexion is normally about as reliable a post on FaceBook, but this link seems to have the details..

We tend to avoid the cold weather, so shouldn't affect us...

Easy. Dont go to France.

"Easy. Dont go to France."

and those silly buggers of us that live here?

"Easy. Dont go to France.

and those silly buggers of us that live here?"

Easy don’t leave France to go to the UK!!!!

T

"Easy. Dont go to France.

and those silly buggers of us that live here?

T"

aint that the truth

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"

T"

Trying to leave the UK to get to France is the hard bit at the moment.

"

T

Trying to leave the UK to get to France is the hard bit at the moment."

We did the trip over two weeks ago to settle the kids into uni/college and found the getting into France leg by far the easiest part of the journey but of course things are different for different people.

T

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

"

T

We did the trip over two weeks ago to settle the kids into uni/college and found the getting into France leg by far the easiest part of the journey but of course things are different for different people.

T"

We moved our ferry tickets (for the fourth time) from the summer to October due to the cost of testing. Now, unless the local health centre pull their finger out our 15 year old won't have been vaccinated so may still have to take a test to get into France.

The comment was more to do with the difficulty of moving there permanently now though.

"

T

Trying to leave the UK to get to France is the hard bit at the moment."

If you want residency in France after 01/01/2021 then I think you have to apply in U.K. for a 1 year long term visa and if you get that you can then apply for residency at the end of the visa. Obviously moving after Brexit means that the income requirements are much higher.

On the plus side all the information on the French Government website can be viewed in French or English now so makes it much easier to understand technical details.

"

T

T

We moved our ferry tickets (for the fourth time) from the summer to October due to the cost of testing. Now, unless the local health centre pull their finger out our 15 year old won't have been vaccinated so may still have to take a test to get into France.

The comment was more to do with the difficulty of moving there permanently now though."

I know it’s hard now and I wish you the very best of luck with your plans and if we can help in any way don’t hesitate to ask.

T

By *kijetCouple  over a year ago

bristol

What’s the problem. Can you imagine what it is like up here in the 3 valleys in the ski season all the tourist arrive without winter tires, they keep going until I have to stop in the middle of the road to put their chains on we fit winter tires in November never had to put on chains. Think it’s a fantastic new law. People have taken hours to get to our chalet in taxis fitted with winter tyres, because of idiots stopping to fit chain. They come from the u.k. and Paris. So I can see why the French Government has made this rule

I put cross climate tyres on my car after having them on my work vehicle and they are absolutely fantastic in all conditions, I’ve been over the moors working when it’s been snowing and not had a problem

» Add a new message to this topic