FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap D'agde Aldi or Lidl ?

Cap D'agde Aldi or Lidl ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eordies OP   Couple  over a year ago

newcastle

I've got a vague memory of there being an Aldi between Cap and Adge town, somewhere near Hyper-U, but the Aldi website does not show one. Am I wrong ? Is it a Lidl ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a Lidl just opposite the Hyper U on the junction another one in Agde near Intermarche and another near Aqualand.

Nearest Aldi is in Marseillan

newcastle

Thanks

There is also another discount food shop Netto. This is on the road between Agde - Cap/Marsellian - could be the one your thinking of?

the lidl is on the bus route to agde just past the roundabout with the 2 boats on .its next to intermarche .

By *PupMan  over a year ago

Bagshot

It's close but no cigar I put my basket back. Our Lidls do the thing we like the French version is average at best. Intermache is no better just enormous. Having left France partly because of its tasty but limited cuisine. A Spar'll do just as nicely and a million times more personable. White wine without bubbles is either tasteless or harsh. The rose is my choice a 5 euro bottles as good as a 10. It'll do. I pick up a supply of my whites from the outbound terminal. At least I know I've got descent back stop to give me some zip for a top night out. Just my opinion but works every time for me. Have fun it a great place, smile and it'll love you too.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Assuming you are driving from, rather that to, the village.

Turn off at the junction for Hyper U and, instead of taking the right hand slip road into the car park area, turn left at the roundabout. At the next roundabout you have to take the first exit to get into Lidl's car park.

By *entswingersCouple  over a year ago

Canterbury

We use the Hyper U we find it has a good selection of food and drink. Ok it's more expensive than Aldi etc, but better quality.

newcastle

"We use the Hyper U we find it has a good selection of food and drink. Ok it's more expensive than Aldi etc, but better quality. "

As we're travelling down on the ferry to Spain then driving across to Cap we'll have to stock up with the meat etc in France instead of bringing it from UK, So just looking at options of shops near to Cap.

Think it will be Hyper-U, have used it a few time.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"It's close but no cigar I put my basket back. Our Lidls do the thing we like the French version is average at best. Intermache is no better just enormous. Having left France partly because of its tasty but limited cuisine. A Spar'll do just as nicely and a million times more personable. White wine without bubbles is either tasteless or harsh. The rose is my choice a 5 euro bottles as good as a 10. It'll do. I pick up a supply of my whites from the outbound terminal. At least I know I've got descent back stop to give me some zip for a top night out. Just my opinion but works every time for me. Have fun it a great place, smile and it'll love you too. "

The lidl at Cap considerably cheaper than hyper U or intermarché

They do a 3 litre wine box of Merlot that is excellent - the price?

€5.40.......outstanding !!!

Beer selection very limited however..........

Wish we were back ...

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Definitely Lidl, try not to miss the turning though, we did a few times

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Guys- we have been going for years so here is the benefit of our experience.....sod the vino in Lidl/ Aldi/ Hyper U...

Just after the airport on your way into Cap is the Chateau Robert Vic. It is actually on the airport perimeter. It has its own shop. There you can buy a 10 litre box of the best rose/ white/ red you will find in all of Languedoc. 26 euros for 15 bottles of great wine. It is called Le Petit Pont and all the local restaurants stock it as well as the supermarkets but you pay wholesale price. We are going for the third time this weekend, pick up the hire car and dont even leave the airport before turning into the chateau to stock up for the weekend! If you want meat and veg at great prices go to the open market on Saturday mornings and stock up!

"Guys- we have been going for years so here is the benefit of our experience.....sod the vino in Lidl/ Aldi/ Hyper U...

Just after the airport on your way into Cap is the Chateau Robert Vic. It is actually on the airport perimeter. It has its own shop. There you can buy a 10 litre box of the best rose/ white/ red you will find in all of Languedoc. 26 euros for 15 bottles of great wine. It is called Le Petit Pont and all the local restaurants stock it as well as the supermarkets but you pay wholesale price. We are going for the third time this weekend, pick up the hire car and dont even leave the airport before turning into the chateau to stock up for the weekend! If you want meat and veg at great prices go to the open market on Saturday mornings and stock up!"

So many great domains in the area and great quality - fun to seek them out. Markets are always the best place to get local fresh produce!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Guys- we have been going for years so here is the benefit of our experience.....sod the vino in Lidl/ Aldi/ Hyper U...

Just after the airport on your way into Cap is the Chateau Robert Vic. It is actually on the airport perimeter. It has its own shop. There you can buy a 10 litre box of the best rose/ white/ red you will find in all of Languedoc. 26 euros for 15 bottles of great wine. It is called Le Petit Pont and all the local restaurants stock it as well as the supermarkets but you pay wholesale price. We are going for the third time this weekend, pick up the hire car and dont even leave the airport before turning into the chateau to stock up for the weekend! If you want meat and veg at great prices go to the open market on Saturday mornings and stock up!

So many great domains in the area and great quality - fun to seek them out. Markets are always the best place to get local fresh produce!"

I suppose as we are talking about wine I should give our favourite in the area a little plug.

Anyone driving up from, or down to, Spain or just having a day out in the car should make a little detour to the village of Fitou, about an hour from Cap.

Lots of places you can try (and buy) a drop or two.

A bit more expensive than some (starts at around 5€ a bottle) but worth every cent are the reds from "Domaine Maynardier". It's on the main road just outside the village at the southern end.

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

We seemed to have maxed out on the Lidl/Aldi conversation and moved onto wine. So our twopennyworth...

We're sure some people here will have heard of a great white wine, Picpoul de Pinet. Pop along to the village of Pinet which is a short drive from Cap. You can buy a 5 litre box for €20 direct from the cave. And you could always make a day of it and spend a day by the pool at the swinger friendly naturist site nearby.

They also sell a rosé, 5 litres for €7. That's the equivalent of over 6 bottles..! It doesn't keep too well though. You'd have to drink it within 7 days...

Damn....!!

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

So many great domains in the area and great quality - fun to seek them out. Markets are always the best place to get local fresh produce!

I suppose as we are talking about wine I should give our favourite in the area a little plug.

Anyone driving up from, or down to, Spain or just having a day out in the car should make a little detour to the village of Fitou, about an hour from Cap.

A bit more expensive than some (starts at around 5€ a bottle) but worth every cent are the reds from "Domaine Maynardier". It's on the main road just outside the village at the southern end.

"

And there is a libertine club there too - Alibi D'O

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

can I do a plug for St Chinian really great red wine, not for the faint hearted as most is 14% but fab, I agree about the picpoul de pinet though superb white wine

Cheltenham

We guess you Arte talking about L'Xtasia? We are staying there for two nights this weekend instead of the village....will check it out

Now we've moved on to the vino. Check out the Cave in Pinet Ormarine 10l Rose or White approx 18Euro spend 200 and get 10% off. As served in a number of Le Cap bars. The Picpol from Pinet itself is 4.30 upwards.

Just to note that the others are correct there is no Aldi close, but two Lidl's close-by. One is beside Hyper-U, (in French eper-oo) and the other close to Intermarche. Netto is on the way to the second one at the Adge turn-off on the road to Sete.

Not sure if you've been down this year but the road in is changed and the sign posting hasn't caught up with the changes. Keep looking left for the tennis courts, then you'll be fine. On leaving go right at the two cranes (Grue 1 and 2).

Costa Blanca Spain...

And there is a libertine club there too - Alibi D'O "

You learn something new every day.

We even know the building and exactly where it is but hadn't a clue it was a swinger club.

It is actually, in effect, Maynardier's next door neighbour.

Agde

"We guess you Arte talking about L'Xtasia? We are staying there for two nights this weekend instead of the village....will check it out"

Yes, that's the one..

See you there...

Agde

"Now we've moved on to the vino. Check out the Cave in Pinet Ormarine 10l Rose or White approx 18Euro spend 200 and get 10% off. As served in a number of Le Cap bars. The Picpol from Pinet itself is 4.30 upwards."

That's the place we mentioned above.

The 10 litre one you mention keeps longer and comes in its own box.

It's a hard life, deciding which one you like best....

Agde

"can I do a plug for St Chinian really great red wine, not for the faint hearted as most is 14% but fab, I agree about the picpoul de pinet though superb white wine"

We used to live around there.

The reds are some of the best, along with the Minervois AOC....

it's Lidl just over the road from Hyper U.

That's the problem with people of your age. .....lol

Just after the airport on your way into Cap is the Chateau Robert Vic. It is actually on the airport perimeter. It has its own shop. There you can buy a 10 litre box of the best rose/ white/ red you will find in all of Languedoc. 26 euros for 15 bottles of great wine. It is called Le Petit Pont and all the local restaurants stock it as well as the supermarkets but you pay wholesale price. We are going for the third time this weekend, pick up the hire car and dont even leave the airport before turning into the chateau to stock up for the weekend! If you want meat and veg at great prices go to the open market on Saturday mornings and stock up!"

We were intrigued by your Petit Pont wine so we went to the chateau today. We had a little problem finding it as the signpost says 300m but thats just to the first field, the shop is actually 2km from the airport following the railway track.

The man in the shop was really helpful and opened bottles from his fridge for us to taste. The Petit Pont is his entry level wine and as you say costs 26E for 10 litres so 1.85E per bottle which is really cheap. We bought some of that but also another rosé at 29E which we preferred. He asked how we knew about his vinyard and we explained that it was on an English wife-swapping forum, he was delighted we're talking about his wine! Future English visitors might be received with a litte glint in his eye..

Costa Blanca Spain...

We were intrigued by your Petit Pont wine so we went to the chateau today. We had a little problem finding it as the signpost says 300m but thats just to the first field, the shop is actually 2km from the airport following the railway track.

The man in the shop was really helpful and opened bottles from his fridge for us to taste. The Petit Pont is his entry level wine and as you say costs 26E for 10 litres so 1.85E per bottle which is really cheap. We bought some of that but also another rosé at 29E which we preferred. He asked how we knew about his vinyard and we explained that it was on an English wife-swapping forum, he was delighted we're talking about his wine! Future English visitors might be received with a litte glint in his eye..

"

This.

Costa Blanca Spain...

While on the subject of wine.

If you do find an Aldi in France they have a bloody wonderful Corbiers for around 2€ a bottle. I'd tell you the name but we've already d*unk the couple of cases we brought back with us. Hick!

Villefalse or something like that.

newcastle

"While on the subject of wine.

If you do find an Aldi in France they have a bloody wonderful Corbiers for around 2€ a bottle. I'd tell you the name but we've already d*unk the couple of cases we brought back with us. Hick!

Villefalse or something like that. "

Cheltenham

Glad you enjoyed! Happy to be of help!

I am so insanely jealous I'm not there, I'm refusing to tell you.

» Add a new message to this topic