FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Airport Security experts

Airport Security experts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *meraldisle400 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Hi . Any experts in airport security on here ? I need to take some glue sticks for a glue gun with me and was wondering will they pass through security or am I at risk of having them confiscated ? . Another option might be to post them to myself .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oppyrose97Couple  over a year ago

Swansea

Why would glue sticks be an issue?

London

"Why would glue sticks be an issue? "
Hopefully not as they are solid as opposed to liquid but I thought it might be best to check. Some airports have different rules regarding tools .

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Richmond Park

You wouldn’t wanna get caught up in a sticky situation

I’ll get ma coat

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"Hi . Any experts in airport security on here ? I need to take some glue sticks for a glue gun with me and was wondering will they pass through security or am I at risk of having them confiscated ? . Another option might be to post them to myself . "

Put them in hold luggage

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I dont think glue sticks are solid (unless they are Pritt sticks !) I couldn't take Deep Heat cream as hand luggage as it was defined as a gel and therefore a liquid. Could you buy glue sticks when you get to France ?

By *renchy19Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

Basically if it's a anything more liquid than a Brie cheese then it will have to go in the gold luggage. Personally if you have hold luggage I was stick it in there anyway.

London

"I dont think glue sticks are solid (unless they are Pritt sticks !) I couldn't take Deep Heat cream as hand luggage as it was defined as a gel and therefore a liquid. Could you buy glue sticks when you get to France ?"
Hi. Thanks for the advice . My agent has bought me some now. I just have to hope that they are the right ones . Plastic welding could not be used so now on the option b.

London

"I dont think glue sticks are solid (unless they are Pritt sticks !) I couldn't take Deep Heat cream as hand luggage as it was defined as a gel and therefore a liquid. Could you buy glue sticks when you get to France ?"
Hi. Thanks for the advice. I have no hold luggage booked ..I night just post them to myself.

By *carboroughladMan  over a year ago

weaverthorpe

At the sauna

By *REEDOMatVACouple  over a year ago

Suffolk/ Essex

You mean the hard plastic kind of ones that go in a glue gun right? Im sure youll be fine. Are they expensive? If not, put them in and all they'll do is ask you to leave them behind.

By *p2norfolkngoodMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Glue sticks that go in a hot melt glue gun are solid and quite rubbery

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have never heared or seen anyone trying to take items such as this through customes my advise is to put them in a clear plastic bag and declare them at customes they will advise you on your options has for posting them to yourself all packages are monitored at boarder force there is no garentee you would recieve them that way if they are intercepted just lengthy questions has to why you posted to ones self one option contact the airport and ask their advice

By *ce cream and custardCouple  over a year ago

Droitwich

just stick to your day job

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Check with the company you are flying with.

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Glue sticks are readily available to purchase in France at any DIY shop, gifi, bigger supermarkets. even noz sell them occasionally with cheap prices.

By *esFranceMan  over a year ago

France

Get a fucking life ????? xxxx

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Get a fucking life ????? xxxx"

The OP asked a simple question. He didn't ask for rudeness.

London

Hello. Thanks to everyone who replies.

I needed to repair a shower outlet cover and was anxious to avoid having to fit a completely new fitting which would necessitate removing the shower tray.

A third party purchased a glue gun and sticks on my behalf in France..

I have now completely the necessary repair buy am unsure as to how long it will hold.

The part itself is quite well travelled. I had the broken fitting posted to the UK and then took it to Belfast in an attempt to have it plastic welded . However as the material was not plastic it could only be bonded using materials from a model kit.

That repair of two lugs lasted a year and then one became detached .

The retailer of the shower kit did not sell spare parts . I may try contacting the manufacturer directly.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Thanks for the update

» Add a new message to this topic