FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap D'age - staying in the village or outside

Cap D'age - staying in the village or outside

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtyladyYummyman OP   Couple  over a year ago

In a place not far from Exeter

First time visitors this September! Flights booked and now looking for accommodation - is it better to stay in the village or outside. What's the difference? Thanks all. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ive deep mountain highMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

"First time visitors this September! Flights booked and now looking for accommodation - is it better to stay in the village or outside. What's the difference? Thanks all. Xx"
Hello . The issue boils down to one of cost . Accommodation inside the village is twice the price of that outside it . However staying inside the village is probably a much more enjoyable experience . There is no such thing as a taxi rank inside the village and a thirty minute walk back to Cap d Agde ( as opposed to village naturiste ) may not be quite so appealing at 1 30 am after a night out . You could of course hire a car but this eats into your savings in accommodation costs .

If you do book inside the village , make sure that the accommodation is actually inside the village ( some agents may try to deceive people into paying a premium price for accommodation in Cap d Agde - as opposed to village naturiste ).

Accommodation inside the village will be in one of the following areaas . Port Venus , Port Nature , Port Ambonne , Port Soleil or Heliopolis .

Luckily you have selected September for your trip when accommodation is a cheaper .

By *nkedlady2Couple  over a year ago

Oldham

Second time for us in June. We stay outside the village to cut down on costs. We walk 20 mins into the village. Its all flat so we enjoy it. It costs €90 euro for a village pass for a week. We can come and go as we please

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

Inside for enjoyment. Outside if you want to save some money, but want to either have a 2 km back along a beach, or a 20 minute stagger back outside Le Village Naturiste, or try and drive. Gendarme sit outside, waiting for the drink drivers, but perhaps you don’t drink. Remember to put clothing back on when leaving. You would not be the first to leave in your birthday suit. To save problems, book inside
"First time visitors this September! Flights booked and now looking for accommodation - is it better to stay in the village or outside. What's the difference? Thanks all. Xx"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happy new year everyone.

I’m flying out the third week in August. Can anyone recommend where is best to stay for a single guy.?

Xx

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

For our regular fortnight in June/July we always stay inside the village and (especially for a first timer) it is what we would recommend.

We have also stayed outside the village (Tennis Hotel) when we drop in for an extra couple of days on our way down to Spain in September.

While having the car makes it easier, driving into the village fully clothed then stripping off behind the car isn't our favourite pastime. Without a car makes it even more difficult. Also, as others have said, late night transport is not easy.

From a cost point of view, while accommodation is cheaper outside you have to factor in the difference in cost of the village pass. For residents inside it is heavily discounted (make sure you have your rental contract with you at the office) and does narrow the gap considerably.

The other question "best to stay for a single guy?"

I don't really think there is any difference when it comes to accommodation. What is good for a couple is also good for a single guy. The only advice would be to get it booked this month. August is peak season and it fills up (and I mean FULL) very early. The later you leave it, the less choice you will have.

"For our regular fortnight in June/July we always stay inside the village and (especially for a first timer) it is what we would recommend.

We have also stayed outside the village (Tennis Hotel) when we drop in for an extra couple of days on our way down to Spain in September.

While having the car makes it easier, driving into the village fully clothed then stripping off behind the car isn't our favourite pastime. Without a car makes it even more difficult. Also, as others have said, late night transport is not easy.

From a cost point of view, while accommodation is cheaper outside you have to factor in the difference in cost of the village pass. For residents inside it is heavily discounted (make sure you have your rental contract with you at the office) and does narrow the gap considerably.

I don't really think there is any difference when it comes to accommodation. What is good for a couple is also good for a single guy. The only advice would be to get it booked this month. August is peak season and it fills up (and I mean FULL) very early. The later you leave it, the less choice you will have."

m

Thanks so much. Looking for the 20th April fit seven days. Xx

By *ive deep mountain highMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

"For our regular fortnight in June/July we always stay inside the village and (especially for a first timer) it is what we would recommend.

I don't really think there is any difference when it comes to accommodation. What is good for a couple is also good for a single guy. The only advice would be to get it booked this month. August is peak season and it fills up (and I mean FULL) very early. The later you leave it, the less choice you will have.m

Thanks so much. Looking for the 20th April fit seven days. Xx"

Hello. Did you mean August ? The dates which you have chosen are in the peak season and accommodation prices are very high then. You best bet is probably an apartment. Prices will range from £500 for a very basic 15 sq metre apartment to £1000 for something much more luxurious. Prices outside the gate are half those quoted.

If you have not booked your flights have you considered going outside the peak season. ? Prices are a lot more competitive.

We always stay inside then it's easier to get dressed for the night time fun. Try looking on airbnb for lower cost places inside. We always stay on a boat

I don't really think there is any difference when it comes to accommodation. What is good for a couple is also good for a single guy. The only advice would be to get it booked this month. August is peak season and it fills up (and I mean FULL) very early. The later you leave it, the less choice you will have.m

Thanks so much. Looking for the 20th April fit seven days. Xx Hello. Did you mean August ? The dates which you have chosen are in the peak season and accommodation prices are very high then. You best bet is probably an apartment. Prices will range from £500 for a very basic 15 sq metre apartment to £1000 for something much more luxurious. Prices outside the gate are half those quoted.

If you have not booked your flights have you considered going outside the peak season. ? Prices are a lot more competitive. "

Thanks for your advice but no I meant April. Due to work I can only go then really. Reckon it’ll be fun still?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Thanks so much. Looking for the 20th April fit seven days. Xx Hello. Did you mean August ? The dates which you have chosen are in the peak season and accommodation prices are very high then. You best bet is probably an apartment. Prices will range from £500 for a very basic 15 sq metre apartment to £1000 for something much more luxurious. Prices outside the gate are half those quoted.

If you have not booked your flights have you considered going outside the peak season. ? Prices are a lot more competitive.

Thanks for your advice but no I meant April. Due to work I can only go then really. Reckon it’ll be fun still?

"

April can be a bit thin especially midweek, although there should be enough going on at the weekends. However it will be mostly French day visitors and weekenders. The international visitors don't really arrive in any numbers until June.

Also it can be very hit and miss with the weather.

April can be a bit thin especially midweek, although there should be enough going on at the weekends. However it will be mostly French day visitors and weekenders. The international visitors don't really arrive in any numbers until June.

Also it can be very hit and miss with the weather."

Thanks guys. I think I’m just going to have to risk it and go in April anyhow!

By *havenpussycatsCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

We plan on doing a week inside the village this year (10th-24th July), and a week outside.

The last 2 years we stayed in Beziers/Pezanes so we have a ordinary holiday during the day and debauchery in the evenings! This year we are going to do half and half. We don't mind a drive and find roads pretty decent.

For vanilla nudism, Serignan is beautiful.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"We plan on doing a week inside the village this year (10th-24th July), and a week outside.

The last 2 years we stayed in Beziers/Pezanes so we have a ordinary holiday during the day and debauchery in the evenings! This year we are going to do half and half. We don't mind a drive and find roads pretty decent.

For vanilla nudism, Serignan is beautiful."

We’re exactly the same. A week in Cap and a week in a family naturist place like Leucate. Pezenas is a gorgeous little town we’d love to eventually own a little house in.

By *nicecplCouple  over a year ago

TELFORD

First time in Cap for us but would love to explore some of the naturist places sometime .

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

We always prefer inside as you then get the social mix and balcony chat through which we’ve made so many good friends .. and party invites

But we also spend a few nights at terre de soleil only 20 mins drive for a very cheap and fun naturist campsite with an awesome restaurant and club L’xstasia

We always stay on naturist sites on the way down too, les sabliers 2 hours north is beautiful but not for swinging

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Thanks guys. I think I’m just going to have to risk it and go in April anyhow! "

We’ve lived next to the naturist village for the last 4 years and to be frank you’d be better of staying in the UK and saving your money.

From mid June to mid September this place hums... the rest of the year it’s like any other out of season holiday resort, Dead!

Thanks guys. I think I’m just going to have to risk it and go in April anyhow!

We’ve lived next to the naturist village for the last 4 years and to be frank you’d be better of staying in the UK and saving your money.

From mid June to mid September this place hums... the rest of the year it’s like any other out of season holiday resort, Dead!"

Haha hanks for your help. I’ll be coming early August xxx

Created a kik group for people who is going to cap d'agde in this year: capdagde2020

» Add a new message to this topic