FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > Cap D’Agde cancellations

Cap D’Agde cancellations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Znaturist OP   Couple  over a year ago

London

Sad subject line I know but I don’t see our trip at the end of May happening, although we’re not giving up hope yet. Anyone cancelled their booking with René Oltra yet and requested a refund and if so, how much do they deduct, what’s the deadline ( in normal circumstances) to cancel, please ? We may postpone to September but need to consider all options.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

This is direct info from us contacting Rene;

First question, did you take out the "cancellation insurance" ? If so, they will pay back all monies, including deposit IF; the campsite is shut on your holiday time OR one of the booked party has CV at the time of leaving for Cap (how you would prove that I don't know).

If you DON'T have the insurance, like us, then you CANNOT transfer the deposit to next year. However you can change your dates to any time this year and use the deposit for that. ie if the situation gets better and you can go in Sept then they will change date for you. If you can't do any other time in the year (like us) then if you give them adequate notice you lose your deposit but you are not libel for the balance. If you leave it till the last minute to cancel then I guess they will chase you for the balance.

Also, if you paid for a tunnel crossing with Tesco vouchers we hear that Eurotunnel will refund the clubcard points, not tried to get ours back yet, but will give it a go.. Not sure if it's Tescos or Eurotunnel who handle it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I personally don't think summer season will happen! Unless there is a vaccine soon, it's not going to happen. I know some people on Fab have dismissed the virus in the early days, but anyone with any sense, will realise this is not like a flu! There have been many deaths here in the Herault, its serious. Everytime I leave the house I have to certify what time I left, what I am doing, and if I just want a walk, I have an hour!

"I personally don't think summer season will happen! Unless there is a vaccine soon, it's not going to happen. I know some people on Fab have dismissed the virus in the early days, but anyone with any sense, will realise this is not like a flu! There have been many deaths here in the Herault, its serious. Everytime I leave the house I have to certify what time I left, what I am doing, and if I just want a walk, I have an hour! "

Forgot to add I have to have the attestation in French with me together with ID, this is what the French are doing and yesterday's death toll was over 100 and has been steadily rising!

London

Thanks guys. No, I don’t the season is going to happen and I understand they want to keep some of the deposit but it just won’t be open in May. On another note, one half of this couple is a nurse who tested positive for covid tonight. Family quarantine here we come . It is very much real and will affect affect a lot of people. Although it’s near impossible, try to stay safe.

"Thanks guys. No, I don’t the season is going to happen and I understand they want to keep some of the deposit but it just won’t be open in May. On another note, one half of this couple is a nurse who tested positive for covid tonight. Family quarantine here we come . It is very much real and will affect affect a lot of people. Although it’s near impossible, try to stay safe. "

Good luck

By *andr1Couple  over a year ago

beverley

We have cancelled our June trip to cap, today we received email from the cancellation insurance to claim refund of our deposit payment. We have asked about our ferry booking and only been asked to rearrange date cancellation would incur loss of deposit.

By *RandMRS BCouple  over a year ago

lancashire

Hi you two. Pity you had to cancel. We are booked to go 29Aug-5 Sep who knows how things will be by then. Be good to see you again though if you decided to re-book. Glenn+Bev xx

France is going to be in lockdown until 15th April! Curfew is currently 9pm.

there is a curfew in cap?

not in paris

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

"France is going to be in lockdown until 15th April! Curfew is currently 9pm."

Hadn't heard about a curfew...

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

"France is going to be in lockdown until 15th April! Curfew is currently 9pm.

Hadn't heard about a curfew..."

Carcassonne, Beziers, not Le Cap

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 09:24:32]

By *owel CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Living in South of France

"France is going to be in lockdown until 15th April! Curfew is currently 9pm.

Hadn't heard about a curfew...

Carcassonne, Beziers, not Le Cap"

Sorry, and Sete

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

OK, that's even worse. Much the same restrictions here, but thankfully no curfew.

Yet...!

By *onest coupleCouple  over a year ago

Whitby

[Removed by poster at 29/03/20 13:46:41]

By *ive deep mountain highMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

From a French Government website

Package tours, all-inclusive stays and independent services such as accommodation or car rentals that have been cancelled due to Covid-19 may be deferred for 18 months using the "credit note" announced Monday, the government said Tuesday.

On the other hand, this measure will not concern "dry transport", Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne told the press after a telephone meeting of the Tourism Sector Committee, detailing an announcement by the Prime Minister the day before.

"A credit note, valid for 18 months, will enable consumers who have bought their trip to be able to postpone it," the Secretary of State to the Minister of Foreign Affairs said. It will apply to cancellations "from 1 March" and "until 15 September". "We wanted this mechanism to be broad: it covers package sales (organised tours, editor's note), all-inclusive holidays, but also all players in the sector who provide independent tourist services such as accommodation and car hire," he said.

This asset "could benefit not only travel agencies, but also tour operators, hoteliers, campsites or social and solidarity tourism associations", Mr Lemoyne explained. "The only restriction is that it does not apply to dry transport services", which fall under a "different European legal system", he said.

The professional will thus be able to offer "an equivalent service, of a higher amount or several stays of a lower amount" and at the end of the 18 months, if the customer has not used his credit, he will be able to obtain a refund, as will be specified in an ordinance expected in the Council of Ministers on Wednesday.

Subject to a "very strong demand from professionals", this measure "will make it possible to reconcile the interests of travellers, whose right to travel is preserved, and at the same time the interests of companies", the Secretary of State said. For "if all customers had come forward at the same time to obtain the refund, this would have led to widespread bankruptcy, as it would have represented considerable sums of money", Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne estimated.

On Tuesday, the president of UFC-Que choisir called on the blog of the consumer association, the Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control (DGCCRF) "to communicate on the entire system and monitor its proper implementation".

By *TRACouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We booked with Rene Oltra but had the sense to take out the cancelation insurance its only a few pounds well worth it , Not to say you will get back your deposit/refund we will wait and see. We had planned to travel France, inc cap for 3 weeks/Spain and down to Italy for 4 months in our new Motorhome .

We would think twice about traveling if it is possible this year as you can never be sure of a second bout of this dreadful viruses.

Stay safe guys .

We have booked from the 28th August so hope it's all better by then and we can get over and spend a few days in the sun to make up for staying in right now

London

"From a French Government website

Package tours, all-inclusive stays and independent services such as accommodation or car rentals that have been cancelled due to Covid-19 may be deferred for 18 months using the "credit note" announced Monday, the government said Tuesday.

On the other hand, this measure will not concern "dry transport", Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne told the press after a telephone meeting of the Tourism Sector Committee, detailing an announcement by the Prime Minister the day before.

"A credit note, valid for 18 months, will enable consumers who have bought their trip to be able to postpone it," the Secretary of State to the Minister of Foreign Affairs said. It will apply to cancellations "from 1 March" and "until 15 September". "We wanted this mechanism to be broad: it covers package sales (organised tours, editor's note), all-inclusive holidays, but also all players in the sector who provide independent tourist services such as accommodation and car hire," he said.

This asset "could benefit not only travel agencies, but also tour operators, hoteliers, campsites or social and solidarity tourism associations", Mr Lemoyne explained. "The only restriction is that it does not apply to dry transport services", which fall under a "different European legal system", he said.

The professional will thus be able to offer "an equivalent service, of a higher amount or several stays of a lower amount" and at the end of the 18 months, if the customer has not used his credit, he will be able to obtain a refund, as will be specified in an ordinance expected in the Council of Ministers on Wednesday.

Subject to a "very strong demand from professionals", this measure "will make it possible to reconcile the interests of travellers, whose right to travel is preserved, and at the same time the interests of companies", the Secretary of State said. For "if all customers had come forward at the same time to obtain the refund, this would have led to widespread bankruptcy, as it would have represented considerable sums of money", Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne estimated.

On Tuesday, the president of UFC-Que choisir called on the blog of the consumer association, the Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control (DGCCRF) "to communicate on the entire system and monitor its proper implementation"."

Ah, this is rather helpful. Thank you. So hopefully we can postpone until next year without loosing the deposit if I understand correctly 18 months ?

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

On Tuesday, the president of UFC-Que choisir called on the blog of the consumer association, the Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control (DGCCRF) "to communicate on the entire system and monitor its proper implementation".

Ah, this is rather helpful. Thank you. So hopefully we can postpone until next year without loosing the deposit if I understand correctly 18 months ?"

That sounds a great option, hope it works out and the businesses are still going concerns by then

By *ensual but Naughty2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk

Package tours, all-inclusive stays and independent services such as accommodation or car rentals that have been cancelled due to Covid-19 may be deferred for 18 months using the "credit note" announced Monday, the government said Tuesday. etc......"

So does anyone know...

what 'dry transport' is?

Would this scheme be available to UK travellers/holidaymakers or does it only apply to French companies and French travellers/holidaymakers?

Can the French Cap agent we have just cancelled our accommodation with automatically reinstate the holiday?

Just would like to know some facts before contacting them as I can't find anything on the web about this!

Thanks.

By *moothie4664plus1Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Thank you for this information, we have booked our campervan in from mid July for two weeks

Nice to hear someone being realistic for a change

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

[Removed by poster at 01/04/20 10:11:20]

By *ive deep mountain highMan  over a year ago

Cambridge and Cap d Agde ( various weeks 2021 )

Link re clarification of deposit refunds

https://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/coronavirus-toutes-les-prestations-touristiques-sauf-les-transports-secs-pourront-etre-reportees-20200324

By *ikefarMan  over a year ago

Kingston

Not sure the bay of pigs would be the same with social distancing

London

This is the generic message that probably goes out to all atm:

Hello,

We understand the situation , we inform you that according to the last directives dated March 16, our holiday center is closed to customers until April 15. We hope, like everyone else, that the situation will be in order soon. For the moment, the stays scheduled after April 15 are maintained.

In case of cancellation, we remind you that the guarantee applies only in case of administrative prohibition of access to the site on the dates of the planned stay. If the campsite was affected by a containment measure, either directly, or by a restriction or prohibition of access to the site, a postponement or a refund (according to the conditions of reimbursement provided by the insurance/ the general conditions of the Center) will be offered to you.

However, it is important to keep in mind that the containment measure must be justified by an administrative order for the period of the booking.

For the moment, the possibility of postponement to 2021 concerns only the stays planned from the opening until 14 April 2020.

Having no visibility on the measures that will be in effect after April 15, we are sorry but we cannot give a favourable answer to your claim for compensation ,we advise you to postpone your stay to a later date for the 2020 season.

We confirm your cancellation, your deposit will therefore be kept until 15/10/2020.

We remain at your disposal to register your new reservation (subject to availability).

We sincerely thank you for your understanding in these exceptional circumstances.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

We booked oltra for 27/06-04/07 and we were so exited for going. Unfortunately, this corona situation pressured decision on us to rebook it and the new date will be 29/08-06/09. We still will be in oltra and still with tent and still will ask oltra to let us book same pitch on Allee plage 70... Stay safe all of you and we hope to see you there in cap xx

First question, did you take out the "cancellation insurance" ? If so, they will pay back all monies, including

Mr Geordie, the insurance is a load of old bollocks mate.

No one speaks English, never return your calls, They say you have to complete a claims form which never arrives.

You may as well write on a bog roll for what good it will do you.

We prepaid £100 so can survive if we loose it. We have had insurance but rather than fight for money we rebook it to 29 August cos we really want to go there for our first time. Hope all will be OK till August xx

Stay safe all of you xx

We paid deposit only 70 quid was stand lost that and go next year or possibly August depending how the mood is at that time tbh hardly something to worry about right now

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"We prepaid £100 so can survive if we loose it. We have had insurance but rather than fight for money we rebook it to 29 August cos we really want to go there for our first time. Hope all will be OK till August xx

Stay safe all of you xx"

Even if you don't get to go this year still go it's an amazing experience even if you don't swing. It's a very liberating experience, says the couple that are naturists. Just people watching is fun especially on the nights when people dress with as little clothes as possible lol.

» Add a new message to this topic