FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Games > Online quiz tonight for Fabbers (Fri 23-07-21) 8pm onwards

Online quiz tonight for Fabbers (Fri 23-07-21) 8pm onwards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustin-Sider OP   Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Hey folks,

I'll be doing the usual online quiz tonight for those of you who would like to take part.

This is something I have been running for the past 20 weeks or so for people on the Ireland forum and in recent weeks I decided to extend it to other forums.

For those of you who have done these quizzes before, it's the same format as usual.

For those of you who haven't done one of these quizzes before, here are all the details:

To do the quiz all you need is a laptop, tablet or smart phone.

The quiz is fully interactive and is just a case of point and click.

I will post on this thread again at around 8pm or not long after, when I have made the quiz live.

Once I do this then all you have to do is go to the quiz link / web address.

If you are a regular then you will already know the link / web address by now.

If you are new to this then you should hopefully be able to see it by checking my profile status.

If not, then you can message me privately and I shall give the link there.

I cannot post the link here on the thread as forum rules only permits links to specific websites.

Once you are on the website then all you have to do is enter your quiz name and choose an avatar and then wait patiently to give others a chance to get logged in and settled before starting the quiz.

Once the quiz starts you will see each question come up on your screen in turn.

For each question you will see four possible answers.

All you have to do is choose one of the answers and then click submit.

You have 15 seconds to answer each question.

Wrong answers do not score any points.

Each correct answer is worth a maximum of 100 points and a minimum of 50 points (depending on how quickly you answer).

The faster you answer correctly then the more points you will get for that question.

Beware though! Sometimes it is better to take a few extra seconds to consider an answer; as a lower score for a question is still better than zero points for a hasty wrong answer.

There will be ten rounds of questions with an interval at the halfway point of the quiz (after round five), for approximately 15 minutes.

The round topics are:

Art & Literature

General Knowledge

Geography

History

Music

Politics

Science

Sports

TV & Films

Bonus Round

There will be a leaderboard shown at the end of each round to show everybody's total scores and then a final leaderboard shown at the end of the quiz to show the final scores and overall winner.

If any of you have any questions or need any more info then please feel free to message me or post here.

I will also keep an eye on this thread during the quiz in case any of you have any issues or queries.

If doing the quiz then I would advise rebooting whichever device you intend to use, before the quiz starts, and also closing any unnecessary apps running in the background.

I would also recommend disconnecting any devices from your WiFi which you shall not use during the quiz to maximise the bandwidth for the device you shall be using.

In the case of bad or poor internet connection then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately as that is all down to your own internet provider.

Hopefully the hosting website and my own internet connection shall not play up.

Here's hoping.

See you all later folks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Belfast

Hey Folks,

To take part in tonight's quiz please go to the quiz link / web address

*If you need the link / web address then please check my profile status.

If you cannot see it there then please message me.

Enter in your quiz name and choose an avatar.

You will see question 1 of...... (whatever amount of questions).

Please then wait patiently to give other players a chance

to get settled and logged in.

We will start around 8.30pm or just after to give people a chance to get sorted.....

(unless any of you need a bit more time to get ready? If so, just let me know).

I will refresh this thread page during the quiz every so often to check if any of you have any issues or queries

See you all soon folks.

Get Ready!

*P.S. I haven't had a chance to check through the quiz so apologies in advance for any mistakes in it.

Belfast

Ok the quiz is about to start in a few minutes. Let's go!

Belfast

Second half is about to start folks.

Belfast

Folks, apologies. There were a few mistakes in the last few rounds of th quiz.

For who lived above the garage in Milwaukee the correct answer was marked as Fonzie so you would have got the points if you answered Fonzie despite the correct answer slide saying Mork.

In the last round (The Memory Round) the Salvador Dali question was actually meant to ask in what year the Laughing Cavalier was painted by Frans Hals.

As I say, I didn't get time to run through the quiz and check for errors but it ran smoothly for the most part.

Thanks to everyone who joined in.

» Add a new message to this topic