FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > highlighted and double underlined words in posts

highlighted and double underlined words in posts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adcow OP   Woman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

when did fab start letting these appear- they take people to other sites- e.g. check leads to experian?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"when did fab start letting these appear- they take people to other sites- e.g. check leads to experian?"

We don't do this. You almost certainly have spyware/adware/malware your machine and should probably consult a computer expert/run anti-malware/spyware.

Admin x

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

happened me a while back,,and still happens in mozilla,,i have ran many adware/spyware/malware removers and works on ie8 just not mozilla,,but i only use mozilla for unimportant sites lol,,

try the superanti malware/spyware,cant remember the full name, its free to download and seems the best at the moment

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I had this a while ago. It's spyware. There are two ways to get rid of it. Either go into your control panel and go to add/remove programs and see what has been downloaded lately. If it wasn't from a 100% reputable site like Filehippo it might have had a little friend with it. Mine was caused by downloading WinZip from a suspect site. Remove program and re-download from Filehippo.

Or go into tools then manage add-ons and see whats recently been added, then delete it. They are pigs to get rid of and Malwarebytes/Spybot doesn't always work. Good luck.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or buy a Mac.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Or buy a Mac. "
It's that sort of "Macs don't get viruses" thinking that led to many Mac users being caught out by the MacDefender scam and falling victim to the Flashback Trojan.

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

"Or buy a Mac. "

Not exactly a safe option these days seeing as though the new Mac's use Intel processors instead of Motorola and can run Windows software. So if you've got a new Mac and you run Windows you still need all the guff associated with spyware/malware/viruses that you'd use on a PC

Err.....wrong!

The Windows virus will not affect the operating system one bit, which is Mac OSX. Also the MAC, which actually uses a Linux core, has NO viruses at all, the malware that affects Macs, is just that, malware. There is no auto install on a Mac and a virus cannot just "climb aboard". The user has to be tricked or coerced into installing a doubtful file manually!

A Windows virus on a Mac running Windows software is pretty much ineffective. Before you all start trying to point out the error of my ways, my entire family are long standing Mac users. My eldest boy services them!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Or buy a Mac. "

Some of us aren't made of money.

Exactly. Virtually impregnable if used correctly.

"Err.....wrong!

The Windows virus will not affect the operating system one bit, which is Mac OSX. Also the MAC, which actually uses a Linux core, has NO viruses at all, the malware that affects Macs, is just that, malware. There is no auto install on a Mac and a virus cannot just "climb aboard". The user has to be tricked or coerced into installing a doubtful file manually!

A Windows virus on a Mac running Windows software is pretty much ineffective. Before you all start trying to point out the error of my ways, my entire family are long standing Mac users. My eldest boy services them!"

"Or buy a Mac.

Some of us aren't made of money. "

In the long run the Mac is always the cheapest answer in terms of running costs, servicing and software.

My entire business was swapped to Apple five years ago and I've more than halved my running costs of the IT department enabling me to take on two new graduate IT apprentices for the same total cost of the Microsoft environment running Windows SBS in a 15 server rack mount farm.

The Mac Minis run cooler with minimal noise effect on the surrounding area, they are up 24/7 and are never affected by the constant downtime I got with the SBS and it's damn update obsession.

They are easily and quickly replacable without all the Microsoft Reseller and licensing nonsense and obviously they work infinitely better with the Designers desktop Mac environment.

With a decent cloud added in there is no wonder Mr. Gates hightailed it into retirement.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I recommend MalwareBytes.

ps - Mac OSX uses parts of BSD which Steve Jobs used in developing NeXTSTEP... not Linux

By *adcow OP   Woman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

thanks for feedback

» Add a new message to this topic