FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Distance….

Distance….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Question about the distance showing on people’s profiles…is this accurate? So if someone is saying they’re abroad & were online recently , they shouldn’t be showing as 10-15 miles away?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It depends if the settings on whatever device they are using are set to show location on apps ect ..

For instance I had a kindle I used for Fab when staying at an FWBs, my location didn't change at all although it was about 20 miles away...

Seen a few posts where people have asked how to change their location settings whilst abroad. So I'm assuming it won't do it automatically? You need to pick outside the UK for a start I believe?

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Question about the distance showing on people’s profiles…is this accurate? So if someone is saying they’re abroad & were online recently , they shouldn’t be showing as 10-15 miles away? "
if theyve turned it off then they might show as whatever distance from the postcode logged on the site

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

It depends if they have their location turned on on their phone.

If they have refreshed it since they last used it.

My location can show me in Bedford, Milton Keynes or Leicester and I haven't even left the room.

So no, it isn't always accurate.

As previously mentioned, if location is switched off, it'll show the distance from the postcode added to the profile.

We have been over 300 miles away, when we've been told their distance states we're less than 5 miles away.

» Add a new message to this topic