FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Nuisance profile

Nuisance profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *netobeextra OP   Man 33 weeks ago

location varies

I’m looking for a bit of advice with a regular nuisance profile please. It’s more of an annoyance rather than harassment but it’s really starting to get on my nerves.

I regularly find there’s a profile that appears close by on fab that is just a nuisance at this stage and I wonder if there’s anything I can do to stop them being a nuisance?

They create a new profile, either as a male, female or mf couple and make contact with me

The messages start normal but soon progress to very personal and to a point where it’s becoming troublesome. The start of the conversation is always different but there’s always a consistent pattern in the topic, wording and line of conversation at the point where I block. This leads to me to think it’s the same person every

time

As soon as I block them, they delete their profile. And it’s so quick, they have deleted their account as i’m in the process of reporting the profile.

They reappear under a different guise every 2-3 weeks. Same location, same end point of conversation.

I use message filters, which is more of a delay tactic rather than a prevention in some instances depending on how they set up the profile

Is there anyway that fab can block a specific person from ever contacting me eg block the device (assuming they are using a phone) as a permanent block. I am aware this can be worked around

If it helps, the profile always pays for gold membership if that links back to a person, device or account?

I am also aware that I can turn off my location, change my profile pics, bio and profile name to stop the person easily finding me and recognising me but I would rather not do that if at all possible

Grateful for any support, advice or help anyone can provide regarding the matter

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *idden Gem69Woman 33 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Im not sure admin can do that, they could change ip address etc, best thing is changing everything about ur profile or just ignore them dont reply etc block newbies or block everyone and you do the searching hopefully they get bored

location varies

Thank you.

I’ll consider changing my profile to not be so easily found if this pattern continues.

Unfortunately message filters don’t work. If I use age filters, the profile will reappear using a different age

If I use newbie filters, they wait a week until they can contact

If I use verified or photo verified then somehow they pass that. Makes me think it’s a MF couple setting up a male one time, female the next and then as both and verifying the photo on the profile

The only consolation is that if I set site supporters only filter, it means it’s costing them money to message before they get blocked and have to delete their profile for just over a week of use and waiting.

It’s very sad and just annoying at this time.

I do understand that the police can only do limited things, basically a telling off and ask them to stop. That’s on the basis that I can identify and prove the identity of the person.

This isn’t an extreme case, but I can imagine other users have a lot worse. Maybe something fab should look into on how to protect and support users if there’s a need to contact the police eg keep the metadata for the device for a certain period of time where a report has been made against the profile and make that available if there’s a crime reference number to provide. But just a thought

Thanks again for the advice

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

if every profile had to photo verify, then in cases where the police have to be involved they have a photo, but it'll never happen as it'll cut down revenue stream

location varies

I do understand and with less users as a result, this place wouldn’t be fun. But I wasn’t calling for everyone to be photo verified

Unfortunately for me, these profiles are becoming photo verified as a male, female and as a couple. They bypass the photo verification (so I assume it’s a couple). My point was, when I set that particular message filter, they still get around that step.

It’s very frustrating that so little can be done. I can imagine people get a lot worse than I’m experiencing.

I’m not expecting anything but I just hope that this gets looked into by the site admin and something innovative and creative can be done. There could be users with more extreme cases that are going through hell or may be at risk who will not be able to provide any concrete evidence of what they’ve been through or to be able to continue to enjoy this site without regular and constant abuse

I understand that blocking an IP address or a device can be worked around but surely there’s only a limited amount of devices a person would use in normal circumstances

By *anddXXXCouple 33 weeks ago

London

"I do understand and with less users as a result, this place wouldn’t be fun. But I wasn’t calling for everyone to be photo verified

Unfortunately for me, these profiles are becoming photo verified as a male, female and as a couple. They bypass the photo verification (so I assume it’s a couple). My point was, when I set that particular message filter, they still get around that step.

It’s very frustrating that so little can be done. I can imagine people get a lot worse than I’m experiencing.

I’m not expecting anything but I just hope that this gets looked into by the site admin and something innovative and creative can be done. There could be users with more extreme cases that are going through hell or may be at risk who will not be able to provide any concrete evidence of what they’ve been through or to be able to continue to enjoy this site without regular and constant abuse

I understand that blocking an IP address or a device can be worked around but surely there’s only a limited amount of devices a person would use in normal circumstances "

==========================

Unworkable, they could just set up a VPN.

Sky and Premier League have a High Court Order making any Internet Provider they ask to block certain servers. Meant to stop Football streaming. Sky Internet runs a 24/7 block, BT Internet rarely blocks. Running a VPN is a nuisance but works around it every single time.

location varies

They could but not everyone is going to be using a VPN. There will always be a loop hole but when you’re being annoyed or harassed, by fab making it more difficult or stopping that person getting in contact would be greatly appreciated. Nothing is ever without a work around

Is there a way that fab admin can look into saving the details of a user that has been reported and has a crime reference number. The user will have the right to be forgotten under GDPR but I’m pretty sure other legislation will take over where there’s an investigation.

My ask is:

1 - Can fab do more to prevent or slow down re-contact?

2 - can fab do more to aid people who wish to proceed with further action?

By *ugby 123Couple 33 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

It doesn't sound like the same people if they are female/ couples and single men.

I doubt that Admin could block a persons device from messaging you before they do.

Are they abusing you in the mails? if so report as soon as the first mail comes in, but if you do think it may be the same person then not engaging with them and blocking normally stops the chat.

The site uses third parties for people to pay site support so won't have payment details or phone numbers connected to a profile.

If people contact the police for anything , the police normally get in touch with Admin if needed and they will help if they can.