FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > What does Status tell us?

What does Status tell us?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *04david OP   Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Hi there,

I'm almost new, learning as I go along. In Sent Messages the table has a column headed "Status" and under it, read - unread - deleted - etc. Does the Status actually refer to actions by the person who the message was sent to?

Thanks

Dave

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It does yes

By *04david OP   Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

Thank you Vanilla Splices, I now understand that it's a useful feature

"Thank you Vanilla Splices, I now understand that it's a useful feature "

Personally I think its pointless and just creates angst for some users, ie; they've read but not replied, are they interested or not, they've deleted it, how dare they when they may have saved it to reply at a later date and deleted the original to clear their inbox, they've not read it but been online loads, shall I message again?! I just delete all my sent messages once sent so I can't see the status of it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, simple. No point worrying about things you have no control over.

although i see the logic in your thinking and agree it is a good idea, i find it useful to have the status of the messages.

but i do take it with a pinch of salt for the same reasons as you delete your sent msgs.

i just take it as a basic guide or estimater.

"Thank you Vanilla Splices, I now understand that it's a useful feature

Personally I think its pointless and just creates angst for some users, ie; they've read but not replied, are they interested or not, they've deleted it, how dare they when they may have saved it to reply at a later date and deleted the original to clear their inbox, they've not read it but been online loads, shall I message again?! I just delete all my sent messages once sent so I can't see the status of it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, simple. No point worrying about things you have no control over. "

this is what i do as well.

» Add a new message to this topic