FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have been plagued by timewasters recently...not that that's particularly unusual...but, is there a place where timewasters can be named and shamed? I think this would be of great help to the genuine swingers on this site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"We have been plagued by timewasters recently...not that that's particularly unusual...but, is there a place where timewasters can be named and shamed? I think this would be of great help to the genuine swingers on this site. "

No there isn't and for very good reasons too!

i.e. I could say that you arranged to meet me tonight and that you didn't turn up or let me know either!

Of course that isn't true but who would have know if it was or wasn't?

Good point - thanks for that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

could be a one sided story and who knows who would be telling the truth it could be open to abuse xxx word of mouth much easier

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Good point - thanks for that "

You're welcome!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We have been plagued by timewasters recently...not that that's particularly unusual...but, is there a place where timewasters can be named and shamed? I think this would be of great help to the genuine swingers on this site. "

What do you define as a timewaster?!!

I've been swinging for three years and not met one "timewaster!" People have cancelled, been unable to firm up a time etc: actions I don't class as timewasting! For me a timewaster is one that doesn't turn up once a time and place has been confirmed: never happened and I always meet socially beforehand!

The question you need to ask is "what are we doing wrong?". If you are encountering timewasters that you need to post a thread about it, perhaps your selection process needs an overhaul!

By *essnsteveCouple  over a year ago

coventry

we had arranged to meet cpl 1st it was "were stuck in traffic" 1hr passes "we just got home were having sum food then unwind 1hr later "hi were a bit tippsy but trying to get @@@@@ out of his suit" then they said "look where back in this area in a cpl of days if we want to meet then" that was it for us We blocked them .then they had the cheek to tex us & say it was our fault

To clarify what I think timewasters are...

We've been swinging for about 4 years and never had any problem, but in the last couple of months we've had 6 timewasters. 5 failed to arrive at the mutually agreed date - in all cases there were no explanations, no contact and no apologies afterwards. And 1 couple, when I contacted them the day before to confirm arrangements (as we always do) said they had family coming over instead (no apology), and then a few hours later were advertising for a meet at the time they were supposed to meet us.

I hasten to add that these were ALL experienced, well verified swingers with who we had a good amount of chat and both on MSN and the phone beforehand. Dates, times, venues were mutually agreed.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you have arranged a meet and someone does not turn up you can REPORT via their profile, Admin will review

Admin x

By *rolongedoralgiverMan  over a year ago

Buckley

My oh my. I expect to suffer some level of timewasters being a single guy but lately things are getting worse. Only last week I arranged a meet but was away on a training course so I drove 200 miles back for this meet only to be let down last second.

I did scream I think. Maybe people should ask permission before arranging a meet. Me personally I think it's the ones who are doing this behind someones back that always let you down.

» Add a new message to this topic