FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Beware your webcam can get you banned from chat!

Beware your webcam can get you banned from chat!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpingJackFlash OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere near you?

We may all have done it at sometime. Your in chat with your webcam on, dodging the usual banter when the phone rings, or your pizza arrives, or your dog gives birth suddenly.

You get distracted away from the computer, forgeting it's still on chat and showing the back of your swivel chair to the world. No harm there!

But its your new all singing and dancing laptop/tower unit with the latest software, so after a while your camera registers there is no movement and turns your cam off.

Good for the enviroment and all that, *BUT*, whilst your cam is in standby it is broadcasting a little animated file of a cartoon character dancing, or your dog catching a ball over and over again, or a scrolly message!

The rules are the rules and are not negotiable, you will be banned for sending video over the webcam even though your not physically at the keyboard.

I'd hate for you to miss out on a FAB night in the chatrooms, so If possible disable any Avatars that your cam uses, or at least turn off the cam when you leave the keyboard.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

so why didnt you then???

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Also watch out if a lightning bolt sends Shergar hurtling through your front window and knocks the cam so that it focusses on the Daily Express on your table with its weekly front page pic of Madeleine McCann prominent.

You'll get banned for showing children.

Let's be careful out there...

By *umpingJackFlash OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere near you?

"so why didnt you then??? "

It wasn't me this happened to. But as the newer webcam software seems to have avatars set by default I thought I'd warn others about it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Also watch out if a lightning bolt sends Shergar hurtling through your front window and knocks the cam so that it focusses on the Daily Express on your table with its weekly front page pic of Madeleine McCann prominent.

You'll get banned for showing children.

Let's be careful out there..."

Well bugger me that happened to me lol lol flipin Shergar hahah

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Be careful what is showing in the background too, showing a tv screen when the tv is on will get you banned, summat about re-broadcasting etc!

» Add a new message to this topic