FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Hidden profile

Hidden profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have chosen to hide my profile for a while.

Today I received a message from a guy in USA !

I hid my profile so that I didn't receive anymore messages and to my surprise I have received one!

He's not on my friends list and I've never had contact with him before!

I've contacted admin but thought I would post here too.

Seems that my privacy isn't as important to fab as it is to me!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

He can contact you from a forum message, and he can contact you if he has you hotlisted. He can't see your profile, it's hidden, he just messaged anyway.

If you don't want any messages adjust your filters to only allow 98-99 year olds to message you.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You need to hide everything, including pictures. Go onto privacy and filters as well as turn everything off that you can see.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

If hidden your profile and pics can't be viewed but you can still be messaged unless you use your filters. As already mentioned change the age range and/or not allow any gender to mail you.

southend

"You need to hide everything, including pictures. Go onto privacy and filters as well as turn everything off that you can see."

Can't see pictures any more. I've just checked that. They must have changed it recently.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"You need to hide everything, including pictures. Go onto privacy and filters as well as turn everything off that you can see.

Can't see pictures any more. I've just checked that. They must have changed it recently. "

Yep, now when you hide your profile the pics are automatically hidden.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am able to message you by clicking on your name or on the reply privately. If you don't want to receive messages you need to change filters so no sexes can message and ages so only 99 year olds can message.

Thanks for replies.

I've set everything to be private but still got this message.

I have a friend on my friend list that has a hidden profile and I can't view it so how could being on someone's hot list enable them to message me?

If I've hidden my profile I shouldn't be able to be searched or come up on updates etc?

So much for being able to take a break for a while??

Forgot to say. I don't want to set my age filter higher as I have a couple of people I message with still and don't want to stop them from messaging

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Forgot to say. I don't want to set my age filter higher as I have a couple of people I message with still and don't want to stop them from messaging "

If you message them or they reply it bypasses the filters regardless so changing them ahouldnt affect that.

southend

"Thanks for replies.

I've set everything to be private but still got this message.

I have a friend on my friend list that has a hidden profile and I can't view it so how could being on someone's hot list enable them to message me?

If I've hidden my profile I shouldn't be able to be searched or come up on updates etc?

So much for being able to take a break for a while?? "

You can't view their profile but you can still message them.

Just adjust your age filters. It won't effect anyone you have already contacted.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"I have a friend on my friend list that has a hidden profile and I can't view it so how could being on someone's hot list enable them to message me?("

If you look at your friend on your friends list, you will see that it says 'profile hidden', but the option to send a message is still there, on the menu on the left.

You won't show up in searches, etc, but as long as you use the forums, people will be able to click your (hidden)profile and send you a message (in the same way that you can send a message to your friend). As others have said, the only way to avoid messages from strangers is to be completely brutal with your filters.

This won't prevent people who you are already in contact with from continuing the contact.

By *helma_richardsCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

...and still see your profile pic in the forum

» Add a new message to this topic