FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Verification

Verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urious_couple_2015 OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

I recently tried to verify my husbands single profile and not sure if I've accidentally verified the wrong name but it's not come through to his profile ... any ideas?

Mrs Curious

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you are on the same connection it wont let you. Plus you are not meant to

North West

Even to verify he's allowed to play solo?

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Even to verify he's allowed to play solo? "

No

North West

I've checked the Faq and it doesn't mention anything about it. It's just to stop people verifying themselves. We have a photo verified couples profile and husband has a photo verified single male profile with other veri's on there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you share the same wifi connection you will have the same IP address it won't allow you to verify that account it's a safe guard to stop dummy accounts

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I've checked the Faq and it doesn't mention anything about it. It's just to stop people verifying themselves. We have a photo verified couples profile and husband has a photo verified single male profile with other veri's on there. "

And as your husband is part of your couples profile...

If your couples profile were to verify him then technically he is verifying himself

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"I've checked the Faq and it doesn't mention anything about it. It's just to stop people verifying themselves. We have a photo verified couples profile and husband has a photo verified single male profile with other veri's on there. "

Why cant he just add in the profile text that can play alone and give option of confirming via phone call

North West

It is in the profile text he is allowed to play alone ... I have seen it done in other profile so have done it.

Also he is not verifying himself I am verifying that he can play alone and what he is good at

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Although your motives are good, I am sure you can see why it isn't permitted to verify someone who is on the same internet connection as you. This rule is in place to prevent people from creating fake second profiles, and giving them fake verification.

It blocks some genuine people (e.g. housemates where one introduces the other to Fab), but it gives more weight to the verification system. The integrity of the verification system is more important than the few people who are prevented from verifying a housemate for genuine reasons. If in doubt, just do a forum search on "fakes" and "timewasters", and you will see how important the verification system is.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Although your motives are good, I am sure you can see why it isn't permitted to verify someone who is on the same internet connection as you. This rule is in place to prevent people from creating fake second profiles, and giving them fake verification.

It blocks some genuine people (e.g. housemates where one introduces the other to Fab), but it gives more weight to the verification system. The integrity of the verification system is more important than the few people who are prevented from verifying a housemate for genuine reasons. If in doubt, just do a forum search on "fakes" and "timewasters", and you will see how important the verification system is."

Admin x

North West

There is only a published rule on FAQ which states you cannot verify from the same Internet connection. I did not break those rules. I was also adding to an already verified genuine profile via photo verification and a further verification from another user. If it is allowed for others why not us? Perhaps because I have bothered reading the rules and adhering to them? As far as I can see I haven't broken a rule? Mr curious hasn't verified himself, that would have been him writing the verification which he did not, I did. We are separate people.

Perhaps the verification system needs to be looked at seeing as though there are plenty of verified fake profile out there? I saw it as just maximising the chances of identifying it is a genuine profile and I am happy for him to be here.

By *luffy_bunniesCouple  over a year ago

Ilkeston

I think you're missing the point of what people are saying.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

" as I can see I haven't broken a rule? Mr curious hasn't verified himself, that would have been him writing the verification which he did not, I did. We are separate people."

You are missing the point; by trying to verify him via your couples account, he is actually trying to verify himself; A couples profile is the profile of you both, whichever one of you is actually typing. Anything written by one part of the couple, is actually , in theory, the words of both members of the couple ;

So you can't verify yourself.... Simple.

Why doesn't he just get himself verified by someone who knows him?

North West

You apparently didn't read the part where I mentioned that it was already a verified genuine profile I was adding to it.

London and France

So why do you need to?

It's verified, then.... No need to add anything?

Ilkeston

The bit you missed is that you cant verify 2 different accounts from One IP. Its like that for a reason.

North West

"So why do you need to?

It's verified, then.... No need to add anything?"

Again you have failed to read the reason why I was verifying. It was to ensure potential ladies knew he was okay to play alone. I've seen numerous posts with women complaining about married men who are cheating and yadiyadiya. Forgive me for being thoughtful.

North West

"The bit you missed is that you cant verify 2 different accounts from One IP. Its like that for a reason."

No I got that bit so if I want to do it I just use a different IP. Hence the reason there's so many verified fake profile out there.

London and France

Anyway, you have no need to verify the profile; you have just explained that he is already verified on it......

So what's the big deal?

Ilkeston

"Anyway, you have no need to verify the profile; you have just explained that he is already verified on it......

So what's the big deal?

"

London and France

Ahh ; just seen your " reason"

But that's not what verifications are for:

If you are concerned about " being able to play one" then do what others do( he writes on his profile that he is also part of " couples profile xxxx" and on your couples profile you state that he also has his own profile.

ThT would relieve any suspicions; frankly, if I saw a profile that had been verified by their own " couples" profile , then that WOULD make me very suspicious, frankly....

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"There is only a published rule on FAQ which states you cannot verify from the same Internet connection. I did not break those rules. I was also adding to an already verified genuine profile via photo verification and a further verification from another user. If it is allowed for others why not us? Perhaps because I have bothered reading the rules and adhering to them? As far as I can see I haven't broken a rule? Mr curious hasn't verified himself, that would have been him writing the verification which he did not, I did. We are separate people.

Perhaps the verification system needs to be looked at seeing as though there are plenty of verified fake profile out there? I saw it as just maximising the chances of identifying it is a genuine profile and I am happy for him to be here. "

And to others it could be seen as though he has written it pretending to be you.

As mentioned earlier why the need, he is already verified and mentioned in his profile

North West

I do see the points I just think it's silly, plenty of people have done it and will do it which is why I didn't realise it wasn't 'allowed' I made the mistake of asking a question. Common sense apparently doesn't prevail here in that the couples profile is photo verified, meet verified and site supporters and that 'couple' is one persons thoughts and opinions.

» Add a new message to this topic