FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > abusive messages not taken seriously enough

abusive messages not taken seriously enough

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iscreetfun330 OP   Man  over a year ago

sleaford

Ok this message is fairly long winded. Hi there I am fairly new to fab and have been having a nice time and met up with a couple nice people however over the last day or 2 I have been getting abuse from random people whom I have never spoken with nor would I wish to speak with.

I had a message yesterday off a man (whom I won't name and shame due to site rules although bit stupid that he is allowed to be abusive) He has never spoken to me before nor have I with him. All I got in the message was "Are you a tranny" Now I found this quite upsetting and also infuriating, first off if the male was curious if I was a transgender female he could have asked politely with an hello I hope you don't mind me asking but are you transgender. I find it quite offensive that he is throwing around the term tranny in such a way.

So I reported this male, the same night a female then messaged me so are you a tranny or a fake! By this point I am getting sick of the random abuse especially from stupid girl who has not even been verified by anyone asking me if I am fake let alone if I am a tranny! I am verified and I am also happy for Fab to investigate the meetings I have had with other users who are actually polite people and not rude idiots. So again I reported.

Now today yet another male saying "well you do look like a TV" Again someone I have never spoken with nor would I due to the rude and insulting nature of these people! Again reported.

Now here is where my issue lies, All 3 people I reported for the random and unprovoked abuse what is the punishment for this? Fab blocks them from contacting me and vice versa, I am sorry but how is this a punishment? These people can carry on just going around insulting people and it seems to be ok why? I am happy for fab to read through the messages has I said at the time. Unprovoked abuse should be taken more seriously then a block.

I know these people are only blocked to me as I have met with one of the people I met off here today and was discussing this I shown them the message and they looked at the name and said that the person is not blocked to them so they was not suspended nor kicked off the site. No they just got blocked from me which I could have done myself with the block button.

Now I know it is inevitable that been on the internet and the site that people are going to be childish idiots and send random abuse to people, however when it is reported I do expect something other then a block from each other to be done. I now in the future will respond with abuse back if this is all the punishment (I actually did with the 3rd male as this was after my breakfast with my new friend when I seen that people don't seem to be getting any repurcutions for abusing people).

I just want to know is it normal for only a block to be applied to users who send random abuse to strangers, I know that some people may fall out and send abuse to each other but I mean on the occasions where you have never spoken to the person and the 1st message they send you is random abuse?

I am lucky to have met a few nice people from the site and also chatted to some nice people however I have not come on to the site to get abuse off people who have not even spoken to me before and throw around accusations.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Unfortunately hun its the way fab rules work.

Best thing to do is adjust your filters to allow only a certain genre through.

As far as the comments go it just shows the level of maturity and respect from some of the users on the site.

Don't let it get to you block and move on XX

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you thought all three people were the same person with three accounts?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Have you thought all three people were the same person with three accounts? "

Bingo!

I was just about to post this.

Its very unlikely, looking at your pics and veries, that three random strangers would all think that you were anything other than a woman.

I'm guessing its probably someone you turned down in the past, who's trying to upset you.

sleaford

thanks for the reply Kinda sucks that people like this should be allowed to abuse people randomly x

sleaford

Yes I did question this, however 2 of the people the the 2 males was verified by other users only the female now. However I suppose could still be same person x

"Have you thought all three people were the same person with three accounts? "

It does kinda sound like this,

Some people on here don't give a shit and just use this site to abuse people unfortunately, the best hug to do is just rise above report and block people also get jealous when they been on for so long and don't have a meet and a woman or couple comes on and have veris within a week

sleaford

aww thanks lol I did think maybe that however when I have said about not meeting with people I have always been polite and thanked them for the interest, may have been some that I just deleted without reading as get lots of messages and I put as a status looking for lincs only any that not been usually get deleted. x

sleaford

thanks for the advice and support I suppose I shouldn't let it get me down I have met quite a lot of friendly and genuine people in a short time a handful of idiots should not put a dampener on that just find it a bit infuriating that more can't be done about these people x

So...are you a...joke! How can anyone with those awesome boobs be! Ignore the numptys sweet, they are not worth your energy xx

sleaford

"So...are you a...joke! How can anyone with those awesome boobs be! Ignore the numptys sweet, they are not worth your energy xx"

Lol thanks I think if I was I would have chosen some better boobs too lol xx

Yes the block seems to be standard practice in my experience anyway. It's not exactly an incentive for them to refrain from sending others abusive messages. Pointless and lazy imo

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

They get a warning from admin too. Not telling you how I know this though.

Just be aware that abusing back may result in a site ban. Just because it hasn't happened to your abusers yet doesn't mean it won't. Rise above it, report, block, and ignore.

Having a status like you did yesterday about being called a tv. Ppl will see that and mail you to be nasty. Also your profile says if anyone contacts you from outside lincoln your report them to admin. That a new rule then

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"thanks for the reply Kinda sucks that people like this should be allowed to abuse people randomly x"

They are not allowed to... you just won't know if Admin has taken any action. I will paste what Admin say they do with reports

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.**