FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > moderators in the forums

moderators in the forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andy muncher OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

who is and how would i know who is a mod in the forums should we not no who these peeps are with out stepping on there toes and why should they post as there only mods not friends of peeps on the site after sat we should no do you not think

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Im one of the forum mods but have no idea what the rest of your post means

Please explain

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

why shouldn't mods post in the forums?? They were members of this site long before they were mods.

So the op is saying that only friends of the people that post should be allowed to post after them?

Mods in the forums and chat are also normal members and are looking to swing too, just the same as you or I.

S.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Im one of the forum mods "

does that mean I cant be your friend??

*sob *sob

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"So the op is saying that only friends of the people that post should be allowed to post after them?

Mods in the forums and chat are also normal members and are looking to swing too, just the same as you or I.

S. "

I think the 'normal' part might be pushing it a bit

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Someone once had the cheek to suggest chat room mods should only be modding when in and not flirting or trying to get meets.

I replied "I'm sure they were swingers before they became mods - it should not be a case of one or the other unless you're suggesting hey mod (forum or chatroom) as a full time dedicated job, in which case you'll be happy to agree to pay for their time and service". They shut up.

Forum Mod

"So the op is saying that only friends of the people that post should be allowed to post after them?

S.

I think the 'normal' part might be pushing it a bit "

......very true though

Forum Mod

S.

I think the 'normal' part might be pushing it a bit "

......very true though

Forum Mod

I have developed a forum stutter

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Who is and how would I know who is a mod in the forums, should we not know who these peeps are without stepping on their toes and why should they post as they're only mods not friends of peeps on the site after sat we should know, do you not think? "

Most people know who are the 2 main forum mods, but if not at first it is obvious at times by some of the posts they make too i.e. "I'm closing this thread, because ....."

On your other point though, I think it's a bit much to say they shouldn't be allowed to post the same as other members of the site as that is what they are - members here too

Tayside

ooppss meant to add to the post above - OP what happened on Saturday (sat) then?

"ooppss meant to add to the post above - OP what happened on Saturday (sat) then? "

Ohhhh, I missed that bit, I'm intrigued now!!!

Tayside

"ooppss meant to add to the post above - OP what happened on Saturday (sat) then?

Ohhhh, I missed that bit, I'm intrigued now!!! "

So did I the first half dozen times I read the OP

Nottingham

"ooppss meant to add to the post above - OP what happened on Saturday (sat) then? "

you know what happen sat afternoon you were there and if that was chat how could admin stop it not at all site melt down

Forum Mod

"ooppss meant to add to the post above - OP what happened on Saturday (sat) then?

you know what happen sat afternoon you were there and if that was chat how could admin stop it not at all site melt down "

was it a chat issue or a forum issue? you know you can report any posts on the forum that you think are unacceptable by either going through the users profile or by contacting admin using the contact button at the bottom of the screen

you know what happen sat afternoon you were there and if that was chat how could admin stop it not at all site melt down "

stop talking in riddles will ye and explain yourself because neither of your posts on this thread have made much sence.

Kat

Tayside

If it is what I am thinking of then Admin did come into that thread, explain their position on it and then closed the thread; deleting any post that appeared after theirs too

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I am amazed to see that the OP seems to believe that Mods are ONLY Mods and don't have friends on here.....

First and foremost Mods are SWINGERS.

Forum Mod

Too fecking true!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think you are very aware who the Two forum Mods are to be honest....it's very obvious to everyone, they don't hide it.

Everyone of us has to abide by site rules, and all of us can ultimately be removed from the site if those (very simple and straightforward) rules are broken.....and thank god for that!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"who is and how would i know who is a mod in the forums should we not no who these peeps are with out stepping on there toes and why should they post as there only mods not friends of peeps on the site after sat we should no do you not think "

No one has to watch what they do so as not to step on mods toes, they just have to stick within the rules

Going on from your Saturday post, Admin themselves answered the thread you started.

Forum Mod

Its far easier to ignore admin when they're telling you something you don't want to hear though

Nottingham

Thanks for filling me in just confused who was the moderators in the forums

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Have a nose on this thread that I have pasted...I have also pasted what Admin ave answered on it x

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/39760

We've chewed this over and really don't think it's helpful to provide a "full list" of forum mods. However, if we add a new forum mod, we will announce it on the forum.

HPC and Rugby are active. There are others but they're not active. We can forum mod but we pretty much leave it to the forum mods and don't get involved.

One of the reasons we don't want a "full list" is a) we honestly don't see that it will help and in fact may hinder because b) the way to report problem content on the forum is by the REPORT link in forum posts not by contacting mods direct. As discussed above if you think forum mods are out of line you should use CONTACT link at bottom of each page there's a way to give us feedback on mods.

Hope this helps

Admin x

Unfortunately some off the mods seem have let their "authority" go to their heads and decide to boot anyone whether they have broken any rules or not,i have been banned multiple times when staying firmly within the rules. If a moderator doesnt like you then you get banned, or if they dont like your point of they ban you. If someone decides to be a mod then they should have to make the decision of whether they want to chat in the rooms or not? not both. Each individual chat room user should also be able to block a moderator like any other user as they seem to claim they are. I as even banned for using half of a moderators name in the chatroom, and accused of naming and shaming them, i must have been correct or i wouldnt have been met with such hostility.

im just glad im not a site supported and dont pay good money to be governed as if in a communist state.

"Unfortunately some off the mods seem have let their "authority" go to their heads and decide to boot anyone whether they have broken any rules or not,i have been banned multiple times when staying firmly within the rules. If a moderator doesnt like you then you get banned, or if they dont like your point of they ban you. If someone decides to be a mod then they should have to make the decision of whether they want to chat in the rooms or not? not both. Each individual chat room user should also be able to block a moderator like any other user as they seem to claim they are. I as even banned for using half of a moderators name in the chatroom, and accused of naming and shaming them, i must have been correct or i wouldnt have been met with such hostility.

im just glad im not a site supported and dont pay good money to be governed as if in a communist state. "

Any member can become a mod in time, if you were made a mod would u want to stop chatting ? or arranging meets ?

Your post smacks of sour grapes , if u break the chat rules , which i am sure u have read in full to see why u are being banned , then why are u still being banned.

Mods are on the whole (there are exceptions) very fair , and remember they do this freely , they are not paid to moderate chat or forums and have a damned hard time doing it with the amount of stick they get.

Mods are swingers , they are ordinary members and as such have the right to use chat and forums and arrange meets if they so desire I cant think of any reason why they should have to choose to chat or mod , and of course they do both and mostly do it to a satisfactory standard , although they can be a bit thin on the ground .

My advice to you is next time u are in a chatroom , click on the chat rules that appear periodically and see where u are breaking the rules , this might help in u not being banned especially mulitiple times , this suggests you dont know the rules of the site.

Meanwhile , happy swinging

"Unfortunately some off the mods seem have let their "authority" go to their heads and decide to boot anyone whether they have broken any rules or not,i have been banned multiple times when staying firmly within the rules. If a moderator doesnt like you then you get banned, or if they dont like your point of they ban you. If someone decides to be a mod then they should have to make the decision of whether they want to chat in the rooms or not? not both. Each individual chat room user should also be able to block a moderator like any other user as they seem to claim they are. I as even banned for using half of a moderators name in the chatroom, and accused of naming and shaming them, i must have been correct or i wouldnt have been met with such hostility.

im just glad im not a site supported and dont pay good money to be governed as if in a communist state. "

Every member should have the right to block moderators? From doing what exactly and what is the justification?

My guess (and I'm happy to be corrected by reasonable argument) is that moderators are extension of Admin (ie by proxy, as admin can't be everywhere everytime).

For any member to want to block any or all moderators not only suggests they don't want to have to listen to anything a moderator says, be it a warning or simple advice, but also by proxy they wish to block admin.

Now - in what universe does it make sense to wish to block the site admin and remain on the site??

thought this was about forums mods

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"thought this was about forums mods "

Why should you miss out ?

true true ... let them bash us again lol

It would appear the latest poster (or is that basher, who has since left the site - clearly cannot handle critcism) and possibly the OP have some confusion:

1) No difference between forum and chatroom mods, ie one and the same people

2) That it is a full time role

3) As per 2 above, they should be fully dedicated to that role and play no part in the social/sexual/flirty aspects of the site.

If my thinking is right, then what both posters are looking for are a team of 24/7 on-call staff who are not swingers and hence not members/users of the site... in which case do they think they will find people doing that on voluntary basis, or will both posters offer to pay for the time and services required?

» Add a new message to this topic