FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Blocked or hidden?

Blocked or hidden?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/06/16 07:20:02]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

No. The user has hidden their profile. You can still message them.

Blocked comes up with a different message and you can't message them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No. The user has hidden their profile. You can still message them.

Blocked comes up with a different message and you can't message them."

Interesting to know. I have just assumed I'm blocked so have reciprocated the gesture lol. It could be made a bit clearer then. I'm sure there are hundreds blocked because of that. I've loads and loads lol

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I have hidden my profile.

When you click on it you get the message - Profile Not Available

This member has hidden their profile.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me

Guess it doesn't really matter then if self explanatory...profile hidden so no point in having it appear in searches as its of little interest then. That's ok then. Thanks

"Guess it doesn't really matter then if self explanatory...profile hidden so no point in having it appear in searches as its of little interest then. That's ok then. Thanks "

Hidden profiles shouldn't show up in searches unless you do a specific name search I thought.

"Guess it doesn't really matter then if self explanatory...profile hidden so no point in having it appear in searches as its of little interest then. That's ok then. Thanks

Hidden profiles shouldn't show up in searches unless you do a specific name search I thought."

Had people look who have it hidden...have photos like by hidden...had a few messages from hidden... so I just block them when I come across that or in a forum. They don't appear in any searches then. But didn't know they wouldn't appear in searches if they had hidden their profile. I don't look a blank profiles (ie no profile pics) either...just seems strange to have a blank profile pic tbh. Guess it's just another filter system for me.

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Guess it doesn't really matter then if self explanatory...profile hidden so no point in having it appear in searches as its of little interest then. That's ok then. Thanks

Hidden profiles shouldn't show up in searches unless you do a specific name search I thought.

Had people look who have it hidden...have photos like by hidden...had a few messages from hidden... so I just block them when I come across that or in a forum. They don't appear in any searches then. But didn't know they wouldn't appear in searches if they had hidden their profile. I don't look a blank profiles (ie no profile pics) either...just seems strange to have a blank profile pic tbh. Guess it's just another filter system for me."

All it means is they aren't looking to meet at the moment, next week they may be. But you have blocked them so you will never know

[Removed by poster at 29/06/16 10:42:54]

Had people look who have it hidden...have photos like by hidden...had a few messages from hidden... so I just block them when I come across that or in a forum. They don't appear in any searches then. But didn't know they wouldn't appear in searches if they had hidden their profile. I don't look a blank profiles (ie no profile pics) either...just seems strange to have a blank profile pic tbh. Guess it's just another filter system for me.

All it means is they aren't looking to meet at the moment, next week they may be. But you have blocked them so you will never know "

I wouldn't think that but then who knows. If they're not meeting then most normally put it up on status or if longer term say so in the profile. One can still chat without having to meet lol. If you can't see them then I wouldn't be missing what you can't see...so its of little consequence really. Plenty of others out there. Thanks though for the response.

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

All it means is they aren't looking to meet at the moment, next week they may be. But you have blocked them so you will never know

I wouldn't think that but then who knows. If they're not meeting then most normally put it up on status or if longer term say so in the profile. One can still chat without having to meet lol. If you can't see them then I wouldn't be missing what you can't see...so its of little consequence really. Plenty of others out there. Thanks though for the response."

I'm not meeting at the mo. Yes I could put it in a status but honestly it doesn't matter where I write I'm not meeting I would still get the messages. So it is fairer and easier to hide the profile, that way I don't appear in searches, there are no pics to view, no profile text to ignore and many don't realise they can still message so it goes nice and quiet. But I can still use the forums, that is all I'm here for at the minute.

I wouldn't think that but then who knows. If they're not meeting then most normally put it up on status or if longer term say so in the profile. One can still chat without having to meet lol. If you can't see them then I wouldn't be missing what you can't see...so its of little consequence really. Plenty of others out there. Thanks though for the response.

I'm not meeting at the mo. Yes I could put it in a status but honestly it doesn't matter where I write I'm not meeting I would still get the messages. So it is fairer and easier to hide the profile, that way I don't appear in searches, there are no pics to view, no profile text to ignore and many don't realise they can still message so it goes nice and quiet. But I can still use the forums, that is all I'm here for at the minute."

I get that...but you've a photo showing so not sure how yours is an example...I was referring to those with no profile photo.

"If they're not meeting then most normally put it up on status or if longer term say so in the profile. One can still chat without having to meet lol. If you can't see them then I wouldn't be missing what you can't see...so its of little consequence really. Plenty of others out there. Thanks though for the response."

Believe me it dosent work like that, i have it written on my profile that im not meeting and still get messages for a meet

By *ussy.loverMan  over a year ago

heswall

Confused ?

I had an email saying I had a message from someone I had been chatting to ,so I logged into fab only to find the message not there or any of our messages to and from each other either they had all disappeared

And their profile has gone too

When someone has left the site you can usually see the message but it says user no longer on the site

Can anyone throw any light on this as I would like to contact them again

Thanks

"Confused ?

I had an email saying I had a message from someone I had been chatting to ,so I logged into fab only to find the message not there or any of our messages to and from each other either they had all disappeared

When someone has left the site you can usually see the message but it says user no longer on the site

Thanks "

Due to server space it now sometimes automatically deletes all messages etc from what I understand.

"Confused ?

Thanks "

Could also be that they have been suspended by admin

heswall

Suspended by admin ? Not sure why as they don't come on much

And I reu lately deleat messages to make space

Still seems odd

Doesnt matter if they have been on lots or just occasional if they break a rule etc they can get banned

heswall

Ok thanks all maybe they will get re instated again after the ban

» Add a new message to this topic