FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Managing Emails

Managing Emails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of emails I receive. I'd only really like to hear from local people. Any tips on how to reduce the work load? I feel like I'm possibly missing out on decent people because messages get automatically deleted.

What helps you keep your inbox clean and keep up with messages? Is it a futile task?

I've been on here a couple of months and although I've had surgery and been away in that time I feel like the message volume and autodelete function is impeding me meeting someone nice!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Also, where do find you notifications on your posts and comments in the forum?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Change your message filters, stop everyone from mailing you and do the searching yourself.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Also, where do find you notifications on your posts and comments in the forum? "

There is no notifications for forum posts. But you can see the last 30 I think it is, threads you commented on by clicking on the green arrow beside your name on here or top left, view recent threads you've posted to.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"I'm overwhelmed by the amount of emails I receive. I'd only really like to hear from local people. Any tips on how to reduce the work load? I feel like I'm possibly missing out on decent people because messages get automatically deleted. "

Set your filters to reduce the age-range of people who can message you (plus anything else like no public pics etc). Put in your profile "I only want to hear from local people". When you're looking at your messages, you can scan down the list of messages without opening them, too see where people have put as their location. Be ruthless about deleting unread all mails who are from people too far away. They won't like it, but if you've put in your profile that you only want to hear from local people, they have no-one but themselves to blame.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i just ignore anyone i don't want to meet.

you can see most of the message withut even opening it so don't need to do anything except ignore it.

if you're going to delete messages to get to the older ones then i recommend just clicking on the latest mail, deleting it if you don't like the guy or his message and it will automatically take you to the next message, keep deleting until someone takes your fancy and click don't delete (you'll still go onto the next mail) and reply after you've sorted out your inbox....it's a lot of messing about though.

maybe block everyone from messaging you when you go offline would help? you're freindslist or anyone you've previously talked to will still be able to message you.

» Add a new message to this topic