FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Push notifications not working

Push notifications not working

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a Samsung Android phone

The push notifications doesn't work but did on my old phone.

Annoying having to log in all the time just to check messages.

Help please thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

BUMP

Admins?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Was the old phone a Samsung?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Actually it isn't just members who access by mobile, we're seeing sporadic incidents of this on our desktops?

Nothing wrong with our registered email address or our email client - Thunderbird - and sometimes if we're in contact with several guys at the same time messages from some get a "notification" almost immediately and others never at all . . so we can't trust the system now.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Actually it isn't just members who access by mobile, we're seeing sporadic incidents of this on our desktops?"
I didn't realise that Admin had added a facility to get push notifications to your desktop, how does that work?

We have the same issue on an S6

"Actually it isn't just members who access by mobile, we're seeing sporadic incidents of this on our desktops?I didn't realise that Admin had added a facility to get push notifications to your desktop, how does that work?"

We're assuming that the "push notifications" is the same as choosing to be notified by an email to your registered email address that you have an unanswered message waiting for you on the site?

If so then it's become extremely sporadic . . but them maybe it's those messaging from smartie-phones trying to contact us that are having this issue and it's being compounded?

Push Notifications the same as say Facebook where your phone will notify you regardless of whether or not your logged in.

Used to work fine on my old samsung phone but doesn't even allow me to activate it on my new phone.

It's a pain in the ass having to log in just to check your inbox and a lot of the time you won't get to see messages till hours after they've been sent to you.... i bet the majority of people on here during the day (at work) access the site through a smartphone and not a laptop.

Where are the Admins on here to shed some light on it?

By *redheadWoman  over a year ago

Cannock

Did this issue ever get resolved as mine used to work but suddenly stopped and now i cant switch it back on?

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

I've found if you clear cookies/clean up your phone, push notifications switch off. Maybe that?

By *itty Kat ABWoman  over a year ago

North Somerset

I have the same problem on Samsung S8

» Add a new message to this topic