FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > CAM not working about to give up

CAM not working about to give up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensualdesires OP   Couple  over a year ago

Benfleet

Cannot get cam to work. I have followed all suggestions, installed latest chrome, latest flash, USB drivers. Flash, Cam and Mic all have permissions for the site. When I try to turn cam on it is just a blank white screen. If I click the cam icon and the small window appears, if I click this the cam switches on, but click close and it goes white again. I have also tried Firefox, IE and Edge, none work. This has been like this since a windows 10 update. Any ideas?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky KatzCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

We have been having very similar issues although it eventually works after closing the window numerous times which can be a bit frustrating

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Please please please sort this out admin

By *ev and TrevCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

We are having trouble loading a cam as well. Been trying for days to get it to work. We have followed all of the information. Seems to be that fab won’t allow flash. Any help much appreciated

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"We are having trouble loading a cam as well. Been trying for days to get it to work. We have followed all of the information. Seems to be that fab won’t allow flash. Any help much appreciated "

to get your cam working click on the padlock in task bar then scroll down to flash then click allow on this site you may have to refresh the page

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

"Cannot get cam to work. I have followed all suggestions, installed latest chrome, latest flash, USB drivers. Flash, Cam and Mic all have permissions for the site. When I try to turn cam on it is just a blank white screen. If I click the cam icon and the small window appears, if I click this the cam switches on, but click close and it goes white again. I have also tried Firefox, IE and Edge, none work. This has been like this since a windows 10 update. Any ideas? "

Try using internet explorer on Windows 10 rather then edge as this seems to work for me. Drop me a message if you need assistance

Benfleet

"Cannot get cam to work. I have followed all suggestions, installed latest chrome, latest flash, USB drivers. Flash, Cam and Mic all have permissions for the site. When I try to turn cam on it is just a blank white screen. If I click the cam icon and the small window appears, if I click this the cam switches on, but click close and it goes white again. I have also tried Firefox, IE and Edge, none work. This has been like this since a windows 10 update. Any ideas?

Try using internet explorer on Windows 10 rather then edge as this seems to work for me. Drop me a message if you need assistance "

We have tried Edge, IE11, Firefox, Chrome with all the suggested fixes and nothing works. Guess there is no real support on this site. We have installed all the latest drivers for cam, all Windows updates, set allow permissions for cam, much, Flash and for website and still nothing. Never had problem a few months back. We do not think the usb cam is being detected properly by the software, though it works on all over software/sites. Time to give up

By *ellhungoneMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Me too

Benfleet

After searching the internet, came up with firefox blocking mixed content, as even though chat page is https, some of the content is not. I tried disabling the mixed content on firefox and still showing as blocked. Security is getting so tight now just because nothing works now lol

Benfleet

If we click adobe flash player settings and click the web can icon, we can see that the web cam is selected. If we then click the white square box underneath it turns the cam on in that box, but as soon as we click close the can turns off and the screen is white again. We have now tried everything now, guess it is unfixable

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can you guys try Puffin browser...

puffinbrowser.com/windows/

Benfleet

Thanks Puffin worked, how safe it is we do not know, never heard of if before. It is on our safe secret pc so should be ok. Thanks for the advice X Sue and Tom

"Thanks Puffin worked, how safe it is we do not know, never heard of if before. It is on our safe secret pc so should be ok. Thanks for the advice X Sue and Tom"

Ok I would recommend not to use any banking or sensitive stuff using that browser though... This browser is like a proxy..

Why oh why have addmin not come back with a fix..? I have tried all of the above and failed.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

to get your cam working click on the padlock in task bar then scroll down to flash then click allow on this site you may have to refresh the page

By *ellhungoneMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I dont get anything to scroll down to

We have mentioned this time after time after time.

This site runs Flash..its old and not many sites use this anymore.

Sure fixes work, but only for a while.

Every time windows gets a new update, you will be back to square one.

The site owners know this and to be honest we dont know why nothing has been done other than temp fixes.

Fab will always have cam issues...until (and there is no better way of putting this) the site owners pull there finger out and stop using a old prog like flash!!

» Add a new message to this topic