FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > cam wont work

cam wont work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *avedeee OP   Man  over a year ago

bangher

tried everything but cam still wont work in chat. works fine in other apps but wont work in fab chat rooms. done everything bar hitting it with a hammer. whats wrong with the chat cam rooms. help ..11

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"tried everything but cam still wont work in chat. works fine in other apps but wont work in fab chat rooms. done everything bar hitting it with a hammer. whats wrong with the chat cam rooms. help ..11"

had the exact same problem at one time, cam would not open in the upper monitor nor transmit image.

I have Windows 7 'professional' and use internet explorer for webcam chat.

It never was Adobe causing my no cam prob,, it was the sound set up.

Now, just two things you must ensure, 1) the two 3.5mm stereo sound sockets on the comp. I expect you'll already know there is one for audio input, to which I connect my iPhone headphone socket to play my music directly from my 'phone. The other socket, obviously audio out is conn. to my mini stereo amplifier, the computer splits the audio in, sending one copy through the Adobe webcam sound controller internally and the other copy is output as above, to the mini stereo and is used for monitoring your audio. (On the Windows audio output spkr volume on the toolbar, make sure this is set blow 50% or it will swamp out loud and distorted, it's easier to set when it's all working.

BOTH sockets have to be connected whether you transmit audio or not.

NOW, 2) Under "sound" on the computer control panel list, there are sources for "mic", i.e., audio in via socket above and "speakers", again, as above, this is the audio out.

Mic has 3 sources, 1}... the 3.5mm socket, 2}... an internal mic and, 3}... the one integral with your webcam and input with the camera USB

Simply make sure the mic source is allocated to the '3.5mm audio in socket on side of comp' for default and ditto speakers, via the '3.5mm audio out on side', set again for default.

Set up done as above, you may finally have to click and allow both cam and mic on the chatroom page,

The above took me over 1 week to suss out but this select source if wrong will stop your webcam from operating.

Once these defaults are set correctly they remain so until re-set by you or, ( on only one previous time), mine reverted to factory settings.

Phew...! I do hope the above is your answer, Dear...!

Eva X

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Are you using pc, phone or tablet OP?

» Add a new message to this topic