FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Flash photo bug URGENT

Flash photo bug URGENT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all

Dont normally post here but as I find this quite alarming decided to spread the word. Just uploaded a picture with the new flash uploader and it uploaded it in a previous state i.e. pre editing for face and recognisable object. I closed the file tried again and same thing. I logged off and back on checked the file and its saved in the edited state no face no object yet when I use the flash uploader it still uploaded with the face etc included like it was recorded somehow

Uploaded with the old loader no problem at all loaded in the edited state. Quite dodgy someone could put the wrong picture up Posted here to spread the word and hope it gets noted. Will be sticking to the old uploader whilst we have the choice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

You should contact Admin directly and also prob re-post on the Site Feedback forum further down the list to make sure that Admin see it.

Agree it sounds a bit worrying

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

save the edited pic to your desktop and upload from there, not from the same directory as the original...

Let us know how it went.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"save the edited pic to your desktop and upload from there, not from the same directory as the original...

Let us know how it went."

The original was on an SD card. The eidted pic was just saved so overwrote the original picture. The original picture was never uploaded to fab. so the first time the flash uploader here is asked to take the picture from the SD card how did it get the original one as at that point it should no longer exist? I considered this could be the PC so logged off and back onto the PC then came back to Fab and uploaded again and got the same problem, original picture uploaded not the edited one? I then uploaded with the old non flash uploader selecting the same file and it uploaded corrrectly.

I am sure there are ways to avoid it but does not make it right.

Thanks for you help.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Sounds like your SD card hadn't updated the data on the card yet (which is why you need to do that "safely remove device" stuff when working with SD cards). As per the advice above if you'd saved to desktop or a normal drive it would have worked fine.

Admin x

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

we often use that uploader and never had that problem

» Add a new message to this topic