FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Search Help Needed Urgently Please.

Search Help Needed Urgently Please.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unGuy76 OP   Man  over a year ago

Minehead

Hi All.

Does anyone know how I can search for people near me?

I'm on holiday in Mallorca and only able to search for local's that are currently online.. Is this the only way I can search?

Many thanks peeps.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

Go to Advanced Search and put in your location.

Minehead

"Go to Advanced Search and put in your location. "

Thanks but already tried that and only finds UK town/cities.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think you can, if you put your who's near on you might find people though

Minehead

"I don't think you can, if you put your who's near on you might find people though"

Unfortunately it would seem you are right.

The problem with 'who's near' is it only picks up people online or very recently online.

Needle in haystack comes to mind.

By *opilotMan  over a year ago

Heathrow

Go to your account and change your location. You'll then see local updates

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Hi All.

I'm on holiday in Mallorca and only able to search for local's that are currently online.. Is this the only way I can search?

Many thanks peeps. "

Pull the old skool way without tech, usually a few women on holiday in your resort looking for a bit of fun

Minehead

"Go to your account and change your location. You'll then see local updates "

Thanks but tried that, Spain is not a recognised country on here unfortunately.

Minehead

"Hi All.

Many thanks peeps.

Pull the old skool way without tech, usually a few women on holiday in your resort looking for a bit of fun "

Awesome idea if you're not me, I've got about as much confidence as a teabag.

But thanks for the input.

By *ittle LunaCouple  over a year ago

London (future visits not now)

Hi - Today I did a search hoping to find people in Dublin - same issue, UK only and was offered people in London (not even where we are based)

I think having a country selector would be a good idea... it only needs to offer countries where people have already signed up from.

I also hoped to find people in Thailand, Sweden, France in the past... and while people were visiting there on holiday or work there isn't a way to find them. We could have selected our country & location as France / Paris and it would have given a chance for some fun.

It would be a nice addition to the search facility and shouldn't be a massive technical feat (years ago building websites a programmer and I built similar tools).

Minehead

"Hi - Today I did a search hoping to find people in Dublin - same issue, UK only and was offered people in London (not even where we are based)

I think having a country selector would be a good idea... it only needs to offer countries where people have already signed up from.

I also hoped to find people in Thailand, Sweden, France in the past... and while people were visiting there on holiday or work there isn't a way to find them. We could have selected our country & location as France / Paris and it would have given a chance for some fun.

It would be a nice addition to the search facility and shouldn't be a massive technical feat (years ago building websites a programmer and I built similar tools)."

Totally agree, it really would not be a difficult option to add in.

It's a real bind, it's hard enough trying to find someone interested when back at home but this over here is seemingly impossible for me.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Hi - Today I did a search hoping to find people in Dublin - same issue, UK only and was offered people in London (not even where we are based)"
If you go to "Edit Account", you can set your location to any of the following countries:

Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK, USA.

By *ittle LunaCouple  over a year ago

London (future visits not now)

"Hi - Today I did a search hoping to find people in Dublin - same issue, UK only and was offered people in London (not even where we are based)If you go to "Edit Account", you can set your location to any of the following countries:

Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK, USA."

OK, thanks - I didn't do that as I am not actually in any other country - just looking ahead of a possible trip. I could try that if an Ireland trip comes up - but what about Sweden or Spain?

We do move profile location a few days ahead of any UK trip where we can play, but we can also search by location without doing so - which is better. Moving profile location brings a lot of unsolicited messages resulting in a lot of extra admin work for me - I'd rather search for and invite people who we like.

I also posted in forums to say we were visiting but that has very little visibility it seems. Only an improved search facility would solve this fully as far as I can see.

» Add a new message to this topic