FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Anyone help?

Anyone help?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all. Can anyone help me. I'm not looking just wanting to chat and have some banta. To be truthful, this social isolation is nothing new because of my situation living away from family and friends also because of ex. I'm just wanna chat and hopefully after all of this meet up. I send messages but very rarely get a reply, or a one word answer. Based in Northern Ireland but originally a Londoner. Apologies for the whinge but its hard going. Regards to you all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all. Can anyone help me. I'm not looking just wanting to chat and have some banta. To be truthful, this social isolation is nothing new because of my situation living away from family and friends also because of ex. I'm just wanna chat and hopefully after all of this meet up. I send messages but very rarely get a reply, or a one word answer. Based in Northern Ireland but originally a Londoner. Apologies for the whinge but its hard going. Regards to you all"

First of all you say you just want to chat, then later you say you want to chat and hopefully meet up after.

Two completely different things aren't they??

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

What you are saying here totally contradicts what is on your profile OP.

I just wanted some advice what to do, not to have people have a dig at me. Yes I wanna chat and hopefully when normal life resumes then meet for a social.

"I just wanted some advice what to do, not to have people have a dig at me. Yes I wanna chat and hopefully when normal life resumes then meet for a social. "

According to you it was for chat and "banta"??

Guess that wasn't quite the truth then....

I'm just asking for advice, im not great at this but if ya wanna a go for it. Dig away.

"I'm just asking for advice, im not great at this but if ya wanna a go for it. Dig away. "

No digging going on.

It is what you said.

Why not simply just say what you mean, and mean what you say?

Right, advice for profile, advice on conversation, advice on anything else that you feel is necessary!!

perth

No digging from here. In your post you say you just want chat & banta. In your profile you say you don't want a pen pal.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

If you just want to chat online then there’s plenty of easier ways of doing it than through fab. If you want to meet (after the obligatory lockdown chat) then the advice is the same as everyone else who is looking to meet. There are plenty of threads dedicated to how to receive replies to your initial message.

Hi, sorry to hear you're struggling a bit with the lockdown thing, it's not easy is it?

Specially if you're away from home. Not offering to meet obv but if you're feeling it I'm happy to hear from you if you need a chat.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"Hi, sorry to hear you're struggling a bit with the lockdown thing, it's not easy is it?

Specially if you're away from home. Not offering to meet obv but if you're feeling it I'm happy to hear from you if you need a chat.

"

"No digging from here. In your post you say you just want chat & banta. In your profile you say you don't want a pen pal. "

Thank you! !

We aren't the only ones! !

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

If a lady posted such a request many of the responses would be starkly different

"If a lady posted such a request many of the responses would be starkly different "

Hey mate, im a londoner myself, how you doing?

Good move letting others know how you are and I can assure you there are a lot of people on here that will look out for you.

Thank you to those who are actually giving me a positive response and understand me. Thanks again much appreciated.

"No digging from here. In your post you say you just want chat & banta. In your profile you say you don't want a pen pal.

Thank you! !

We aren't the only ones! !"

With respect, I'm sure many of our profiles will say stuff that is at odds with what we are doing now x

What I'm trying to say is I would like banta and yes meet eventually. I just hate the fact you can end being a penpal. People knowing full well they will never want to meet and are just doing this kill time. I'm done now.

perth

"No digging from here. In your post you say you just want chat & banta. In your profile you say you don't want a pen pal.

Thank you! !

With respect, I'm sure many of our profiles will say stuff that is at odds with what we are doing now x

"

But equally, it only takes a few seconds to update a profile. A lot of people will read a profile before they even open a message.

K

"Thank you to those who are actually giving me a positive response and understand me. Thanks again much appreciated. "

Right, this is what I'm asking advice, what or how should I best word my profile.

Thank you! !

But equally, it only takes a few seconds to update a profile. A lot of people will read a profile before they even open a message.

K"

That is true yes, a fair point.

Are you still open to party invites?

Do you see what I mean?

Times are difficult for lots of people right now and in all honesty I'd rather reach out and be proved wrong than have a go over profile content.

Perhaps I'm too soft who knows.

Anyway look after yourselves xxx

Thank you! !

K

Do you see what I mean?

Times are difficult for lots of people right now and in all honesty I'd rather reach out and be proved wrong than have a go over profile content.

Anyway look after yourselves xxx"

perth

Thank you! !

K

Do you see what I mean?

Anyway look after yourselves xxx"

I think you've misunderstood me. Or maybe I could have worded my response to the OP differently, he asked for advice & explained what he was currently looking for in his post, I tried to explain that his profile contradicts that &, as many people read profiles before deciding whether to open a message, it might be worth explaining what he is currently looking for on there.

& touché, you're absolutely correct, our profile hasn't been changed since long before lockdown, but equally we aren't posting asking for advice or wondering why we aren't getting replies to messages.

K

Thank you! !

"

Why would that be?

Ugh, your having a titty tantrum. I can't be bothered with this anymore. Good luck you all, stay safe and well.

perth

"Ugh, your having a titty tantrum. I can't be bothered with this anymore. Good luck you all, stay safe and well. "

?

» Add a new message to this topic