FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Heathens, Pagans and witches

Heathens, Pagans and witches

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Odd topic I know, but after chatting to some new friends on here yesterday we were curious as to how many of us there are on fab?

So here it is! Bit of a one stop shop for all things unconventional, and a place to meet like minded individuals. For our part we are very much heathen. We honour the old Gods from the Indo-European Pantheon, and have dedicated altars to the (original) Triumvirate, Tyr, Freyr and Thor in our home.

So stop in, say hi and be nice!

X

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *avenvalCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

Enjoy the winter solstice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hello there

By *inkyfilthymindMan  over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

Old gods and nature worship makes me feel spiritual. I had ritualistic worship drilled into me early on and that will stay with me.

OP - great thread and I look forward to who this brings out

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Haven't spoken to any of the above.

But used to chat to a young witch on fet, also spoke about sourcing ingredients for a spell or two.

"Hello there "

Hi!

"Old gods and nature worship makes me feel spiritual. I had ritualistic worship drilled into me early on and that will stay with me.

OP - great thread and I look forward to who this brings out "

It’s something that’s always fascinated me since being a little girl. I’ve always been unconventional. Always odd and always quirky. But I found a bit of a family in the heathen community in the last 10 years.

Wolf is much more raw. He’s a secret history nerd but always wants to get to the root of everything. Go back far enough he says and all the Gods came from the same source. His view is much more primal than mine. He’d wear human bones if he could

Berks / Heathrow

"

It’s something that’s always fascinated me since being a little girl. I’ve always been unconventional. Always odd and always quirky. But I found a bit of a family in the heathen community in the last 10 years.

Wolf is much more raw. He’s a secret history nerd but always wants to get to the root of everything. Go back far enough he says and all the Gods came from the same source. His view is much more primal than mine. He’d wear human bones if he could "

It is awesome to find people with similar interests. I am primal and firmly believe that we were better of worshipping nature and forces that occur naturally. Quirks and variations in humans that take them to a different dimension fascinate me. Both of you and your dynamic intrigues me (may be I should all us all

"

Wolf is much more raw. He’s a secret history nerd but always wants to get to the root of everything. Go back far enough he says and all the Gods came from the same source. His view is much more primal than mine. He’d wear human bones if he could

It is awesome to find people with similar interests. I am primal and firmly believe that we were better of worshipping nature and forces that occur naturally. Quirks and variations in humans that take them to a different dimension fascinate me. Both of you and your dynamic intrigues me (may be I should all us all"

Exactly this! I don’t need a building to have a relationship with my Gods. I have my votive altars for small offerings in my home but that’s it. I’m at my happiest in nature or around animals.

Wolf is a different creature. His work is conflict based but he’d be the first to admit that his understanding of human nature and the nature of fear in particular has helped him succeed in his chosen career. And a huge part of that is learning how and what his ancestors worshipped during times of war. Heathenry for us has made us better people.

Polytheist heathen here with a focus on the feminine qualities of magick. Hecate, Isis, Frejya and Lilith.

"Old gods and nature worship makes me feel spiritual. I had ritualistic worship drilled into me early on and that will stay with me.

Wolf is much more raw. He’s a secret history nerd but always wants to get to the root of everything. Go back far enough he says and all the Gods came from the same source. His view is much more primal than mine. He’d wear human bones if he could "

They did come from the same place.

Space.

They did come from the same place.

Space."

We prefer the antediluvian diaspora theory rather than outer space, but anything’s possible!

Hello

By *ony5Man  over a year ago

somewhere

Not time Pagen here but much acknowledge the old gods and respecting the importance of nature.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Odd topic I know, but after chatting to some new friends on here yesterday we were curious as to how many of us there are on fab?

So here it is! Bit of a one stop shop for all things unconventional, and a place to meet like minded individuals. For our part we are very much heathen. We honour the old Gods from the Indo-European Pantheon, and have dedicated altars to the (original) Triumvirate, Tyr, Freyr and Thor in our home.

X

"

Just a question about the names you've settled on, (one history nerd to another!).

You follow Tyr, Freya and Thor. Freya and Thor appeared in the 6th century as progressions of the pre-Christian Frigg and Donar of the Germanic tribes.

So why the newer identities?

Happy Fabbing

"Odd topic I know, but after chatting to some new friends on here yesterday we were curious as to how many of us there are on fab?

X

Just a question about the names you've settled on, (one history nerd to another!).

You follow Tyr, Freya and Thor. Freya and Thor appeared in the 6th century as progressions of the pre-Christian Frigg and Donar of the Germanic tribes.

Happy Fabbing "

Purely so those not in the know know who we worship! Tyr is the natural linguistic evolution for Tiwaz, from Dyeus, original root word from Indo European while we’re on it. So Tyr is the original name for God by following the clues.

Gloucester

X

Happy Fabbing

Purely so those not in the know know who we worship! Tyr is the natural linguistic evolution for Tiwaz, from Dyeus, original root word from Indo European while we’re on it. So Tyr is the original name for God by following the clues.

"

Yep I recognised Tyr as the older name. And now I get why you use the newer names for the other two ??

Gloucester

X

Happy Fabbing

Yep I recognised Tyr as the older name. And now I get why you use the newer names for the other two ?? "

Sorry. Not sure why the two question marks. It was meant to be a thumbs up!

I have been a devotee of Odin and the norse pantheon for over 30 years, me and Mrs R met through paganism.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

We're split, mrs is but mr's a devout atheist

"I have been a devotee of Odin and the norse pantheon for over 30 years, me and Mrs R met through paganism. "

Skål and welcome

Skal to all my heathen brothers and sisters

Makes me so proud to follow the old ways and even prouder to see more of us here.

By *allBristolManMan  over a year ago

nowhere

*waves*

"Skal to all my heathen brothers and sisters

Makes me so proud to follow the old ways and even prouder to see more of us here. "

It does make you wonder if any of us have "met" elsewhere though!

"Skal to all my heathen brothers and sisters

Makes me so proud to follow the old ways and even prouder to see more of us here.

It does make you wonder if any of us have "met" elsewhere though! "

It is possible, if not I'd like to have a merry gathering with some of you

Old Norse pagan here

Solstic blessings all xx

"Old Norse pagan here

Solstic blessings all xx"

And the same to you!

Let's hope with a return to the light we see a return to normality!

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy section?

"Old Norse pagan here

Solstic blessings all xx

And the same to you!

Let's hope with a return to the light we see a return to normality!

"

It's in the stars xxx

"Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy section?"

Must’ve missed the ‘be nice’ bit then yeah?

By *un couple 2Couple  over a year ago

Tynemouth.

I have about a hundred books on witchcraft. Very interesting reading. Mainly the history of witchcraft

Maybe the wrong place to ask but anyone managed to see the jupiter saturn conjunction yet ?

"Maybe the wrong place to ask but anyone managed to see the jupiter saturn conjunction yet ?"

I managed to see it just before it dropped below the rooftops last night, although I'm not massively into astrology, I did find it quite moving strangely

"Shouldn't this be in the Fantasy section?"

Happy to be living my fantasy life without feeling the need to piss over anyone else's thanks

Berks / Heathrow

"Maybe the wrong place to ask but anyone managed to see the jupiter saturn conjunction yet ?

I managed to see it just before it dropped below the rooftops last night, although I'm not massively into astrology, I did find it quite moving strangely

"

Astro and nature is so connected, part of eastern paganism is very much twinned with Astro. It’s amazing to be able to experience it

Do any of us incorporate swinging and spiritual practices? Or are they two things that are seperate?

For us, the freedom to be with other people is a spiritual freedom in and of itself, as well as being a sacrament

Mr. R x

"Do any of us incorporate swinging and spiritual practices? Or are they two things that are seperate?

For us, the freedom to be with other people is a spiritual freedom in and of itself, as well as being a sacrament

Mr. R x"

I personally would like to mix the two and find sumone to practice it with, as well have fun together.

Like you said the freedom of being with others is spiritual in itself x

"Maybe the wrong place to ask but anyone managed to see the jupiter saturn conjunction yet ?

"

First dry evening we've had for days and been hoping the cloud would clear enough to see it tonight but no luck

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Hello and great thread!

" His view is much more primal than mine. He’d wear human bones if he could "

Sounds like a man after my own heart, life would be a Heilung concert if I didnt have to work lol

"Do any of us incorporate swinging and spiritual practices? Or are they two things that are seperate?

Mr. R x"

We’ve not mixed our faith with pleasure yet. I don’t see anywhere our kind of worship would cross over with sexuality. I suppose we’re open minded is largely because of our faith, so there’s a little link there.

Mr. R x

We’ve not mixed our faith with pleasure yet. I don’t see anywhere our kind of worship would cross over with sexuality. I suppose we’re open minded is largely because of our faith, so there’s a little link there. "

Theres a little bit of Vanic lore for me, particularly a level of Freya's magick. Of course if we believed Loki, all the Gods and Godesses' would be on Fab nowadays!

Mr. R x

We’ve not mixed our faith with pleasure yet. I don’t see anywhere our kind of worship would cross over with sexuality. I suppose we’re open minded is largely because of our faith, so there’s a little link there.

Theres a little bit of Vanic lore for me, particularly a level of Freya's magick. Of course if we believed Loki, all the Gods and Godesses' would be on Fab nowadays!"

I think nearly every pantheon from every civilisation were shaggers haha!

Mr. R x

Theres a little bit of Vanic lore for me, particularly a level of Freya's magick. Of course if we believed Loki, all the Gods and Godesses' would be on Fab nowadays!

I think nearly every pantheon from every civilisation were shaggers haha!

"

Yeah, I came to that realisation after reading The Red Goddess

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Merry meet

"Old Norse pagan here

Solstic blessings all xx"

And almost in walking distance of Mon you lucky thing ??

I must admit I’m pretty pleased with the little fab pagan club so far. Apart from a single tool this has been a lovely thread. Thank you all so far x

By *rygveMan  over a year ago

The Shires

Glad I came across this thread. Nice to see likeminded people

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Hi there !! Count me out in!

"I must admit I’m pretty pleased with the little fab pagan club so far. Apart from a single tool this has been a lovely thread. Thank you all so far x"

Yes indeed, so much more pleasant than the virus forums lol.

I'm not surprised really, pagans are generally nice tolerant types for the most part!

There are definitely some other pagan folk on fab who haven't said hello yet

I(F) have long had an interest in Paganism/Wicca, though not an active practitioner, do I count ?

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

I’m having my first pagan Yule this year with my other half , taking on some norse traditions and food for our julbord ! Can’t wait !

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I have a huge interest and my best friend practices Wicca, she's still deciding on her path. It's so interesting to me and I LOVE learning about it.

Would definitely say I'm into it, I just don't practice it

Wonder how many of you we’ll see at the next viking festival in York?

"Wonder how many of you we’ll see at the next viking festival in York? "

I haven't been for about 20 years!!!will it be going ahead? Last time I took my Dad! I would love to go now it's so much bigger , especially if Heilung play again

"Wonder how many of you we’ll see at the next viking festival in York?

I haven't been for about 20 years!!!will it be going ahead? Last time I took my Dad! I would love to go now it's so much bigger , especially if Heilung play again"

It’s massive now. Last year it flooded in the city so a lot was postponed but still lots of people there. I don’t think heilung will be back if it is on. They distanced themselves from the festival after the owner of the sponsor company got accused of sexual assault

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Hello x I’m Pagan and Fae Im in to working with nature and feel at one with that x I have an alter at home but don’t really celebrate gods as such but find that Morrigan speaks to me x

Blessings for Yule ??

H xxx

By *bione_1Man  over a year ago

Broxbourne

Hi, I went to a pagan wedding once it was very interesting and not at all what I expected.

Made a lot of sense really and it was the most sincere ceremony I've ever been to.

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

Old spaewifie here, mind if I pop in and soak up some positivity? X

Mr. R x

Theres a little bit of Vanic lore for me, particularly a level of Freya's magick. Of course if we believed Loki, all the Gods and Godesses' would be on Fab nowadays!"

Absolutely fantastic feed - Loki used Mistletoe to kill Freya the sun god, it was the only thing that didn’t promise Freya’s Mother not to hurt him. When passed into the afterlife they reserected him because he represented the best attributes of the Gods ..... A story that morphed into Christianity as the way a lot of ancient text did ..

By *ransistersTV/TS  over a year ago

Dover

Practised for the last 25 years on and off.

"Old spaewifie here, mind if I pop in and soak up some positivity? X"

Absolutely, but you probably knew that already x

"Wonder how many of you we’ll see at the next viking festival in York?

I haven't been for about 20 years!!!will it be going ahead? Last time I took my Dad! I would love to go now it's so much bigger , especially if Heilung play again

It’s massive now. Last year it flooded in the city so a lot was postponed but still lots of people there. I don’t think heilung will be back if it is on. They distanced themselves from the festival after the owner of the sponsor company got accused of sexual assault "

Oh! I hadnt heard about that, I hope it doesnt detract too much from the weekend

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

"Old spaewifie here, mind if I pop in and soak up some positivity? X

Absolutely, but you probably knew that already x"

Well it’s polite to ask lol x

Skal and happy odhinns day!. I know only just after midnight, but wanted to be the first to say it haha.

"Old spaewifie here, mind if I pop in and soak up some positivity? X

Absolutely, but you probably knew that already x

Well it’s polite to ask lol x"

"Skal and happy odhinns day!. I know only just after midnight, but wanted to be the first to say it haha. "

Haelsa!

By *osineCouple  over a year ago

Weston-Super-Mare

Always have been one with nature, never ever questioned it.

Hubby is understanding and eager to learn xx

"Always have been one with nature, never ever questioned it.

Hubby is understanding and eager to learn xx"

Welcome! Absolutely love the unicorn tattoo

Pagan/heathen here.

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

X

"

Happy Yule tide and I would say I believe more with the old gods like the Norse, Greek and Roman pantheons

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

Hail and welcome from the wild Atlantic Coast of Western Ireland. If I was to tick a box, I'd call myself a druid, or maybe a hedge witch. I'm happiest in nature, and even happier in the company of animals, domestic and wild. Good to know there are other like minded pagans here.. Id love to meet.. What a chat that would be!!

"Hail and welcome from the wild Atlantic Coast of Western Ireland. If I was to tick a box, I'd call myself a druid, or maybe a hedge witch. I'm happiest in nature, and even happier in the company of animals, domestic and wild. Good to know there are other like minded pagans here.. Id love to meet.. What a chat that would be!! "

The furthest west we got was Tara!!! But I fell in love with Ireland and cant wait to go back and explore more

Dover

Some interesting places to discover in Ireland and Wales for sure.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I met a Witch on here. She came for a massage. She was a lovely fascinating lady. She part of a Covern in the Leeds Bradford area. She currently has her profile hidden.

By *andan365Couple  over a year ago

Belfast

Good yule too you

As from Pendle am a fan of the Pendle witches.

I guess as paganism generally is such a fast growing religion, as well as being generally more tolerant and accepting, it's no surprise to find a bunch of us on here!.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Hi all, strictly speaking I couldn't call myself a pagan but I know I'm at my happiest outside in the woods, swimming in a mountain lake or watching the sea ebb and flow.

A friend of mine through fab is very much a hedge though and being with her when she celebrates her beliefs is a privilege to share.

When this whole covid thing allows it'd be amazing to organise a moot for like minded souls to attend.

Hey great reading! I feel the strength and power of the land we live in. I feel the closeness of the past. It’s something I want to connect with more. My parents were spiritualists and I’ve always had that with me, though there’s something about the nature around us that calls to me perhaps more.

"I guess as paganism generally is such a fast growing religion, as well as being generally more tolerant and accepting, it's no surprise to find a bunch of us on here!.

"

There’s the truth of it right there I think. We are as a group, certainly a ‘religion’, far and away more tolerant and accepting of differences in my experience. There’s a mutual respect amongst pagans and outwards to monotheists and atheists alike. Even when we get the closed minded and ignorant people amongst us openly mocking and belittling us, none of us bit or turned nasty. I’ve found it’s a unique trait amongst our group. And it makes me quite proud tbh.

Great topic greetings from ireland.the word pagan is broadly misunderstood after centuries of vicious christian rule most rituals were highjacked by christiandom. but we're all still here and it is more important than ever now to respect the nature that nurtures.happy feastivities

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 11:56:43]

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

I believe there is actually a Regiment in the British Army that are Pagans

But it does make more sense to me that all the Abrahamic Religions

"I believe there is actually a Regiment in the British Army that are Pagans

But it does make more sense to me that all the Abrahamic Religions"

Just asked wolf about this as he’s a veteran. He doesn’t know of any specific regiment that’s pagan in our sense of the word, but there were Sikh and Hindu battalions that technically fit the description. He does work recruiting Gurkhas now so is quite familiar with their religious practices.

There was a military police officer who was allowed to grow a beard for his Nordic faith recently too according to google! X

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

But it does make more sense to me that all the Abrahamic Religions"

There are some pagan soldiers, but I'be not heard if a specific regiment where they serve.

Are you perhaps thinking of the police?

There's a Police Pagan Association...

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

Hello heathen brothers and sisters, all though my gods are slavic. But then again Perun (Thor). Veles shapeshifter(loki), same attributes different name

By *isneyChick85Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Northern Irish Wiccan/Pagan here

Hope my Pagan/Wiccan brothers and sisters had an enjoyable and magical Yule.

Blessed be )o(

"I guess as paganism generally is such a fast growing religion, as well as being generally more tolerant and accepting, it's no surprise to find a bunch of us on here!.

There’s the truth of it right there I think. We are as a group, certainly a ‘religion’, far and away more tolerant and accepting of differences in my experience. There’s a mutual respect amongst pagans and outwards to monotheists and atheists alike. Even when we get the closed minded and ignorant people amongst us openly mocking and belittling us, none of us bit or turned nasty. I’ve found it’s a unique trait amongst our group. And it makes me quite proud tbh. "

I'll drink to that.. Hael!

But it does make more sense to me that all the Abrahamic Religions

Just asked wolf about this as he’s a veteran. He doesn’t know of any specific regiment that’s pagan in our sense of the word, but there were Sikh and Hindu battalions that technically fit the description. He does work recruiting Gurkhas now so is quite familiar with their religious practices.

There was a military police officer who was allowed to grow a beard for his Nordic faith recently too according to google! X"

We often have squads of Gurkhas stationed down the road from us, lovely people, it makes me proud to see them out training together

I follow Loki, i have the snakes of urnes tattooed and i always wear a leather penfant i made with the Kenaz rune tooled into it.

By *lueeyedvikingMan  over a year ago

Near

Hello to my fellows

By *el_123Woman  over a year ago

portsmouth

Over here *waves*

Hope you all had a lovely new year guys!! X

Hi there

Great thread ! Hedge witch here, I guess I drift between paganism and celebrating the seasons tides moons and nature.

It’s a pleasant change to see so many like minded souls on a thread.

Blessed Be x

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Glad I stumbled upon this little gem of a thread. There is positivity here!

Pagan and proud.

A very merry yuletide to you all

Blessed be.

Happy new year fellow Heathens and Pagans!

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Hi from a hedge witch xx

Ooh the thread title caught my eye. Here for all things Mother Nature

X

Happy Fabbing

"

Thats what i was going to say.

By *illupMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"

I suspect many of us are quieter than the norm and semi invisible.

In these dull and trying times bright blessing to you and yours

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

Hello. Pagan here (Velvet). Very new to it. Drawn to Freya. Would like to explore the wiccan ways a bit more.

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

hi from a heathen

Hey there new comers! Welcome

Berks / Heathrow

"Hey there new comers! Welcome "

Best thread in a while lovely Mare

"Hey there new comers! Welcome

Best thread in a while lovely Mare "

Certainly is!

By *illupMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"Hey there new comers! Welcome

Best thread in a while lovely Mare "

SHROPSHIRE & WELSH BOARDERS. I am interested in Wicca & Paganism but know very little. Is there anyone out there in my area who could introduce me?

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

"SHROPSHIRE & WELSH BOARDERS. I am interested in Wicca & Paganism but know very little. Is there anyone out there in my area who could introduce me? "

What do you want to know? It's often a very individual set of beliefs so a little research on the interwebs might give you an insight?

I think I am in a very Wicca / Pagan area. I recently saw a very old yew tree in a local church yard with 100s of ribbons attached to it. I would like to find someone to talk to about it..

"I think I am in a very Wicca / Pagan area. I recently saw a very old yew tree in a local church yard with 100s of ribbons attached to it. I would like to find someone to talk to about it.."

Wales is incredibly strong in faith in the old gods. There’ll be plenty for you to go at if you start reaching out to pagan groups in your area. Might be a bit far for you but Wolf knows a few people in the Ruthin area that are dedicated to the goddess Agrona/Aeronwen. You’ll be surprised how many of us there are out there

If you get the chance, check out the witchcraft museum in Boscastle, it's fantastic,well worth a visit...

I am hoping to find a connection / connections on the POWYS / SHROPSHIRE / HEREFORD / WORCESTER area.

By *igJohn620Man  over a year ago

Longford

My k no need to my 3nnmy my

Shropshire/Powys Wales border area.The Druids meeting place at Newtown.I am doing research on a historic Witch Coven.Yew Trees in Church Yards yes historic links

By *ittleRed-riding-HerWolfCouple  over a year ago

Carlisle

Tiny witch here. Wish I could find a coven.

R

Always liked the pagan principles, which to me seem to be "be nice, respect nature". Can't go wrong.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I thought this was about the government

Asatru/heathens - I hate bringing negativity into the thread but something is causing me deep concern.

In the wake of the capitol riots I’m seeing more and more media posting articles about ‘far right’ activists being linked to Nordic beliefs. Rolling Stone ran an article all about that effing moron dressed as a shaman and how all his tattoos are associated with neo nazism. And this terrifies me. I have my hands tattooed with runes and half my back is covered with Nordic mythological figures. My partner has several tattoos venerating Tyr and Fenrir that are obviously Nordic too, and I’m genuinely scared we’re about to suffer a major persecution as a community.

What are others thoughts on this? And how do we disassociate ourselves from the monsters in our midst?

"Asatru/heathens - I hate bringing negativity into the thread but something is causing me deep concern.

In the wake of the capitol riots I’m seeing more and more media posting articles about ‘far right’ activists being linked to Nordic beliefs. Rolling Stone ran an article all about that effing moron dressed as a shaman and how all his tattoos are associated with neo nazism. And this terrifies me. I have my hands tattooed with runes and half my back is covered with Nordic mythological figures. My partner has several tattoos venerating Tyr and Fenrir that are obviously Nordic too, and I’m genuinely scared we’re about to suffer a major persecution as a community.

What are others thoughts on this? And how do we disassociate ourselves from the monsters in our midst? "

You would hope that folks can see the difference between the far right and their ideologies and those that are following the old nordic ways and their beliefs.

It does seem that in the USA there is a right wing & Norse Viking connection. It chimes with white supremacy. Remember Hitler and the Nazi Party held similar views and associations with Norse mythology and the Aryan race. I have not detected the Viking / Right Wing connection in the UK.

"It does seem that in the USA there is a right wing & Norse Viking connection. It chimes with white supremacy. Remember Hitler and the Nazi Party held similar views and associations with Norse mythology and the Aryan race. I have not detected the Viking / Right Wing connection in the UK. "

It doesn’t ‘chime’ with anything for me. White supremacists coopting our faith doesn’t make the two mutually exclusive

I am certain that you are attracted to the pagan close to nature aspect of the Norse Gods. That is only one side of the coin. The other side is the fierce, blood thirsty white warrior who appeals to white working class males in Europe and the USA who feel threatened and inadequate, which is a dangerous mix.

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

As a pagan I feel saddened by those claiming to be connected to nature and the old belief systems in one breath and preaching right wing hatred in the next . Unfortunately it is possible but remember there are bad apples in all walks of life and all beliefs, you need only remember the Christian abusers and the Muslim extremeists . There are of course plenty more examples bigotry and hypocrisy in all religions, but it doesn’t mean the system is bad only the minority of haters using it to there own ends , as an excuse and false validation for their stupidity.

Dover

There are two sides to everything as in yin and Yang, but I think people get confused between following Wicca in its many forms and other beliefs that have become trend.

Agreed, these days everyone wants a quick fix , very few are prepared to work at it , study and discover for yourself. It’s too easy to “you tube” the answer, unfortunately there’s plenty of miss information and watered down facts out there. Which of course will be taken as correct because the computer says it’s so .

"As a pagan I feel saddened by those claiming to be connected to nature and the old belief systems in one breath and preaching right wing hatred in the next . Unfortunately it is possible but remember there are bad apples in all walks of life and all beliefs, you need only remember the Christian abusers and the Muslim extremeists . There are of course plenty more examples bigotry and hypocrisy in all religions, but it doesn’t mean the system is bad only the minority of haters using it to there own ends , as an excuse and false validation for their stupidity. "

This is very true. Rolling stone have edited their article but it still has a lot of untruths in it. I worry we’re next for a purge of some kind thanks to some mad conspiracy theorists in America

"As a pagan I feel saddened by those claiming to be connected to nature and the old belief systems in one breath and preaching right wing hatred in the next . Unfortunately it is possible but remember there are bad apples in all walks of life and all beliefs, you need only remember the Christian abusers and the Muslim extremeists . There are of course plenty more examples bigotry and hypocrisy in all religions, but it doesn’t mean the system is bad only the minority of haters using it to there own ends , as an excuse and false validation for their stupidity.

This is very true. Rolling stone have edited their article but it still has a lot of untruths in it. I worry we’re next for a purge of some kind thanks to some mad conspiracy theorists in America "

Hopefully none of that idiocy will make it out here . It took long enough to get the law changed to recognise us legally in the first place making any persecution of us a hate crime

By *ildman2Man  over a year ago

Ribble valley

Great post OP

Greetings from beneath the shadow of Pendle Hill

"Great post OP

Greetings from beneath the shadow of Pendle Hill "

I’m glad you’ve found us

By *ellsuitedMan  over a year ago

Elstree

I am Jewish but I find this thread fascinating.

My wife is Shinto-Buddhist. Shinto is a pagan belief system, with gods, spirits etc in the water, mountains, and spiritual centres.

"My wife is Shinto-Buddhist. Shinto is a pagan belief system, with gods, spirits etc in the water, mountains, and spiritual centres."

That must give the "wee frees" something to think about

I only worship cake I am afraid

"Tiny witch here. Wish I could find a coven.

R"

Hope you find one

Can't help wondering what everyone else's preference is now haha,

being part of a coven or a solitary soul

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

X

"

Hi eclectic witch and druid here.

Drawn to the kemetic path, (Egyptian) and although Taurean born, actually work better with water as my main element.

Reader of tarot, caster of spells, and creator of ladders, bottles and talismens.

Crystal and herbal healer, I undertake protection charm work, I try to respect the ancient elders, and I try to respect nature, and live with honour.

My altar has Anubis, Bast, and Isis figures on it.

Merry meet! May the fates be kind and the Gods protect )0( xxx

being part of a coven or a solitary soul "

Right now I think everyone is solitary (hedge) haha , with us all being confined to our rooms by ‘big brother’

"I am Jewish but I find this thread fascinating."

In the military I was the only pagan, I became great friends with the only Jew . We had some very interesting chats

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

X

"

I think we all like a little fantasy

Right now I think everyone is solitary (hedge) haha , with us all being confined to our rooms by ‘big brother’ "

Fair point

Living where we do I pretty much keep my beliefs to myself

but there's another couple of lady "acquaintances" locally I bump into occasionally

that I'm sure from dress sense and mannerisms, are in the same boat as me

it's not the easiest of conversations to start is it, I'll think of something one day

"I am Jewish but I find this thread fascinating.

In the military I was the only pagan, I became great friends with the only Jew . We had some very interesting chats "

Wolf was openly pagan in the army. But this is back when there was very little flexibility or even attempt to understand anyone with ‘unorthodox’ views. He generally kept it quite quiet and to himself, as all personal worship should be in my opinion.

X

I think we all like a little fantasy "

I’m sure you’d say the same to a practising Christian, or Jew or Muslim

But thank you for your input.

By *entlemenpipMan  over a year ago

not far

X

"

Im a celtic pagan i follow practices of druids and the tuatha de danann especially lug (some could see him as the most powerful in the modern age)

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

In the military I was the only pagan, I became great friends with the only Jew . We had some very interesting chats

Wolf was openly pagan in the army. But this is back when there was very little flexibility or even attempt to understand anyone with ‘unorthodox’ views. He generally kept it quite quiet and to himself, as all personal worship should be in my opinion. "

I was agnostic in the army probably before your fella joined, had to stand outside church on church parades, luckily there were not that many.

Right now I think everyone is solitary (hedge) haha , with us all being confined to our rooms by ‘big brother’

Fair point

Living where we do I pretty much keep my beliefs to myself

but there's another couple of lady "acquaintances" locally I bump into occasionally

that I'm sure from dress sense and mannerisms, are in the same boat as me

it's not the easiest of conversations to start is it, I'll think of something one day "

Maybe try greeting them with ‘Merry meet’ one day , at worst they think you’re ‘a bit weird’ at best they recognise it and talk to you about it .

Wolf was openly pagan in the army. But this is back when there was very little flexibility or even attempt to understand anyone with ‘unorthodox’ views. He generally kept it quite quiet and to himself, as all personal worship should be in my opinion. "

Agreed.

My time in the military was back in the 1980s so was still not recognised ‘officially’ just yet but it was interesting being different

Wolf was openly pagan in the army. But this is back when there was very little flexibility or even attempt to understand anyone with ‘unorthodox’ views. He generally kept it quite quiet and to himself, as all personal worship should be in my opinion. I was agnostic in the army probably before your fella joined, had to stand outside church on church parades, luckily there were not that many."

I was made to attend ( it was considered one of the queen’s parades) but I was permitted to stand ( smartly) at the back and ( keep my gob shut ) haha

Certainly interested in this if anyone local to luton would like to chat and point ìn way of local groups

By *renchcpl90Couple  over a year ago

wexford

Something that we have been interested in for a while now. Have done some research on the internet. But hard to know the best sources of information.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I pulled a pagan witch, complete with her own broomstick, on a straight dating site. She went daft and grabbed the thing from me, after I'd spotted it in the corner of the room, and I'd got astride the thing and said, Hi Ho Silver! She reckoned that a witches broomstick is personal to each witch, and only another witch could be allowed to use it. So me being my usual self, I retorted, So we can't use that there to get home from the pub,and save on taxi fares. Being less than amused by that comment, she told me that flying broomstick was an old wives tale. It seems that contrary to popular belief, the broomstick is not for eco friendly air travel. You are never going to be bumping into one whilst taking off and landing at your local airport that has slipped under the radar totally undetected by air traffic control. The broomstick does exactly what it says on the tin, it's for sweeping the floor! According to her, what they do in the coven is they form a circle, but before the ritual begins the circle has to be cleansed by sweeping the floor. That's what the broomstick is for!

Now when you think about it logically, that makes perfect sense because, the last thing that witches want to be doing is getting down to business, stark naked in a woodland glade, and getting a thorn in their butt.

So I never got a chance to ride on her broomstick, but she was a pretty good ride! If she'd only had a brain, who knows, I might have been a warlock by now.

All good fun is this weird and wonderful world of cyberspace courtship.

Strangest shop ive ever been in is the witchs shop on bourbon Street new Orleans. I had my tarot read there and everything i was told has come true.

I believe in paganism it was around long before Christianity. I have always believed that had my grandmother been born a couple of centuries earlier she would have been killed as a witch..

There were things she knew that defied explanation.

Hi New to the forum although been a lurker on the site for a while, I guess I'm a sort of pseudo druid with heathen leanings

"I pulled a pagan witch, complete with her own broomstick, on a straight dating site. She went daft and grabbed the thing from me, after I'd spotted it in the corner of the room, and I'd got astride the thing and said, Hi Ho Silver! She reckoned that a witches broomstick is personal to each witch, and only another witch could be allowed to use it. So me being my usual self, I retorted, So we can't use that there to get home from the pub,and save on taxi fares. Being less than amused by that comment, she told me that flying broomstick was an old wives tale. It seems that contrary to popular belief, the broomstick is not for eco friendly air travel. You are never going to be bumping into one whilst taking off and landing at your local airport that has slipped under the radar totally undetected by air traffic control. The broomstick does exactly what it says on the tin, it's for sweeping the floor! According to her, what they do in the coven is they form a circle, but before the ritual begins the circle has to be cleansed by sweeping the floor. That's what the broomstick is for!

Now when you think about it logically, that makes perfect sense because, the last thing that witches want to be doing is getting down to business, stark naked in a woodland glade, and getting a thorn in their butt.

So I never got a chance to ride on her broomstick, but she was a pretty good ride! If she'd only had a brain, who knows, I might have been a warlock by now.

All good fun is this weird and wonderful world of cyberspace courtship. "

Sorry but I have to chip in here the term ‘warlock’ is a pet hate of mine , another film influence . The word actually means deceiver , male witches ( or wise men ) are no more a deceiver than anyone else practicing there own beliefs.

Wiccan here. Don’t practice anymore x

Why not

Just lost my way with it once I began spending all my time doing things with the kids etc. Still have spellbooks and stuff somewhere and never happier than out on a walk in the woods x

"Just lost my way with it once I began spending all my time doing things with the kids etc. Still have spellbooks and stuff somewhere and never happier than out on a walk in the woods x"

Family does take time but you should always find time for yourself.

Walking in the woods is the best isn’t it .

You can relax and it’s soo easy to meditate in the woods , nature is so relaxing.

swansea

Well you learn something new every day!

So if the word warlock means deceiver, this site seems to have more than it's share of warlock's. That's if some of the feedback you read about regarding married men pretending to be single is to be believed. That's not to mention the daydreamers, and wannabes on here wasting everyone's time. I would have said that they are deciever's on the highest level, wouldn't you?

"Well you learn something new every day!

So if the word warlock means deceiver, this site seems to have more than it's share of warlock's. That's if some of the feedback you read about regarding married men pretending to be single is to be believed. That's not to mention the daydreamers, and wannabes on here wasting everyone's time. I would have said that they are deciever's on the highest level, wouldn't you?"

Very probably, but that isn’t what this thread is about. It’s about the various pagan paths and communicating friendship and harmony surely

swansea

I couldn't agree with you more about friendship and harmony!

And I must admit that although getting togged up in fancy dress, and paying my respects to old nick has never been something I had an uncontrollable urge to do, I have to say that the spiritual people I've come across in this world tend to be the most sensual, taking eroticism on to a very high level. I kinda put that down to their contentment with the life they lead, unlike me, always chasing rainbows to see where the next £££ are coming from.

I found that same sensual, bordering on erotic feeling when I met another woman on a straight dating site, and I wasn't in the house ten minutes when I thought that she was having an epileptic seizure. Nothing quite that simple, she'd only gone into a trance to talk to the dead, and reckoned that we had just been joined by my late maternal grandmother! The full story of what unfolded is a bit long to type, but I must admit again though that it was a very interesting evening to say the least, and I put that down to her being a spiritual, and thus erotic person, and I've no doubt devoted pagans are the same.

Another bit of sheer curiosity on my part now, but what music do we all listen to?? I’ve noticed how many of our close heathen friends listen to metal and rock, mixed in with shamanic music like Danheim, Forndom, Heilung etc. Like polar opposites in terms of sound. What’s others preferences? Particularly curious about those that follow eastern pagan systems

"I couldn't agree with you more about friendship and harmony!

And I must admit that although getting togged up in fancy dress, and paying my respects to old nick has never been something I had an uncontrollable urge to do, I have to say that the spiritual people I've come across in this world tend to be the most sensual, taking eroticism on to a very high level. I kinda put that down to their contentment with the life they lead, unlike me, always chasing rainbows to see where the next £££ are coming from.

I found that same sensual, bordering on erotic feeling when I met another woman on a straight dating site, and I wasn't in the house ten minutes when I thought that she was having an epileptic seizure. Nothing quite that simple, she'd only gone into a trance to talk to the dead, and reckoned that we had just been joined by my late maternal grandmother! The full story of what unfolded is a bit long to type, but I must admit again though that it was a very interesting evening to say the least, and I put that down to her being a spiritual, and thus erotic person, and I've no doubt devoted pagans are the same. "

Excellent.

Iv had similar experience myself.

All adds to life’s memorable tapestry

By *atu2plsuMan  over a year ago

Harrow

X

"

Hi OP

I’m British & Hindu - hoping that I can join the convo too. Have been looking into the link between Indian and ancient civilisations around the world and find it fascinating how the beliefs align.

There is also huge similarities with the ancient civilisations of the Middle East (Egypt, Persia, Iraq etc too).

X

Hi OP

I’m British & Hindu - hoping that I can join the convo too. Have been looking into the link between Indian and ancient civilisations around the world and find it fascinating how the beliefs align.

There is also huge similarities with the ancient civilisations of the Middle East (Egypt, Persia, Iraq etc too). "

Everybody is welcome to join in, even those thinking it’s funny to mock someone’s beliefs.

You’re right about Hinduism. The Rig Veda has been used as a primary source for reconstruction of Indo-European myths since the 19th century. Like Norse mythology it holds a lot of the original source material from our mother culture in it

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

There are many of us around. Last time at chams I think we had a room full..

Merry meetings x

"There are many of us around. Last time at chams I think we had a room full..

Merry meetings x"

That sounds like a whole lot of magical fun .

By *nsatiableVykingMan  over a year ago

dartmoor

Another heathen here, newish and unsure at the mo its the place for me but Ho everyone ??

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I'm with wolf there which is why I have always sided more with the indigenous views, avatar does a good job of explaining my spiritual views

[Removed by poster at 21/01/21 21:11:47]

[Removed by poster at 21/01/21 21:12:56]

I'm with wolf there which is why I have always sided more with the indigenous views, avatar does a good job of explaining my spiritual views"

My reply keeps getting deleted! I was saying wolf did an ayahuasca tour years ago that changed him as a person massively. He said it was very ‘Dances with Wolves’

glasgow

I'm with wolf there which is why I have always sided more with the indigenous views, avatar does a good job of explaining my spiritual views

My reply keeps getting deleted! I was saying wolf did an ayahuasca tour years ago that changed him as a person massively. He said it was very ‘Dances with Wolves’ "

I'd love to do that but frightened of myself, E made me trip when younger and not a good one.

I'm pretty good at daydreaming tbh and thinking big connective picture, looks a bit like a massive spiders web and what runs through it is energies from everything all taking to each other in quantum type format, everything is connected.

I will admit to having the eye of thoth (writing, magic, wisdom & the moon) and RA (Creator, sun) tattoed and where they are, i can create a triangle with the 3rd eye...clever me lol

i got them for the sun & the moon meanings, I have a terrible vit d deficiency meaning I need the sun, i'm like a flipping lizard needing its warmth for energy and every day is new! yet got adhd which means I'm up all blooming night scribbling ideas and stories etc mostly. the magic to me lies in nature, science can't replicate it exactly no matter how hard they try because it has secrets that we are not allowed to have.

those 2 gods are very fitting to me but I don't worship them as such I've no altar or nowt.

glasgow

my true birth name is one of a nymph too

and even my birthday is on a end/renew period of the calendar.

By *aeganaWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Fellow wiccan here x blessed be x

Dorset based solitary Heathen here glad to meet others

Is anyone else on Kik as we could have a KikPagans group for us to all chat more. Only of people are interested