FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Meeting someone new

Meeting someone new

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea.dot OP   Woman  over a year ago

milton keynes

When you’re meeting someone new off here, what’s your safety protocol.

What would be a definite no, how much do you need to know about the other party before meeting. Being female, I love the thought of just meeting up with someone and having sex, however the reality is, do we not put ourselves at risk.

For instance, the men on here are happy to protect their identity, name, and provide a second number so they’re virtually untraceable if anything were to happen. How safe are we? Does it work both ways? Should the guy (or female) also take precautions to ensure that the female their meeting is in a well lit area, give some background about themselves, show that they’ve thought this through.

I’m not saying we can’t look after ourselves, but in situations where you’re meeting a total stranger, surely it works both ways. Or am I just being soft?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

My safety protocol is in two parts . Firstly establishing whether the woman is likely to be right for me and is reliable. Secondly giving her everything she needs,whether asked for or not, that will make her feel secure in the arranged meeting such as my car registration and recent photos and meeting in a public place for drinks/meal etc .

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman  over a year ago

WSM

I meet publicly first, coffee shop or pub. My neighbour is my closest friend so I tell her if anyone is coming over, she’s knows I’m on here so I can be open. I’ve had some men who have sent me full address, name, car details etc so I can pass on to her although equally I’ve had some think that meeting in a car park at 11pm is a public place and can’t understand why I won’t meet them with no contact details other than what’s on here trust your gut always

milton keynes

I think that’s fair, at least some details, to show a bit of concern.

Have many put themselves at risk off here and it’s not worked out well?

I did it once, and had an awful experience. I’m now thinking, on places like this, the risk is higher, we all want anonymity, nobody wants to be caught out if they’re married or want to be stalked. It’s just such a fine line.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I would never go round to anyone’s houses.

By *panddaCouple  over a year ago

West Mids

Always meet in public, whatever anyone says.

A bar, a coffee shop, anywhere really public.

We would only ever meet for a social the first time.

Safety first, every time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I suppose I'm dangerously trusting.

Because I know people don't need to be kept safe from me, I guess I just foolishly assume everyone is the same.

It's hard to convince people you're not dangerous though.

Just like it's hard to convince people you're actually a nice person.

The more you do, the more it appears to be a lie no matter how true it is...

Sorry. Started philosophising there!

milton keynes

That’s a good point, I am trusting and know I won’t boil anyone’s bunnies. However, the lack of sharing credentials or meeting in dark places, is relevant.

I suppose the NSA means there’s no need to share too much as it’s a quick shag?

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

This is why I always social first, somewhere close to home usually.

Always tell a friend what I'm up to. Send them a photo of the person I'm meeting.

Most guys I talk to don't even give it a second thought, very different for women.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I am always happy to meet socially first in a public setting and actually prefer to do things that way, firstly for safety and secondly as there should be no pressure or expectation of things going any further if you don't connect, also more than happy to give a car reg and phone number.

By *leasure Hunter400Man  over a year ago

Bucks

For me - it’s wherever the lady feels comfortable and safe, usually a coffee shop or a pub. Although one left her front door open and wanted me to go straight up to her bedroom and get into her bed. Each to their own of course.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 16/11/21 21:18:00]

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Always meet in a public place,and if you feel comfortable with how things are the gut feeling would give you a sign.if still feeling on edge have a further social similar and possibly let someone know you are meeting if you feel you need to always act sensible theirs never any harm to do things to make you feel that extra bit safe

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"Always meet in a public place,and if you feel comfortable with how things are the gut feeling would give you a sign.if still feeling on edge have a further social similar and possibly let someone know you are meeting if you feel you need to always act sensible theirs never any harm to do things to make you feel that extra bit safe"

Excellent advice

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I only meet in clubs... so I am safe as I can be

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

When I do meet again, its always a public social first and if we meet again, my partner will always know who with and where.

You have to protect yourself and not take unnecessary risks, years ago a bloke i had met for a drink told me he'd spoken to a lady who was assaulted by someone on here. She wouldn't report it because she was married though.

» Add a new message to this topic