FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Advice for a Newbie?

Advice for a Newbie?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey there,

New to the scene etc.

Have noticed through chatting to someone and reading peoples profiles that a lot of members prefer you to have verifications before engaging in chat, social meets, or any other form of meet.

Does anyone have any advice on how to become verified other than photo verification or is it a case of biding time, hitting it off with someone who will take the gamble to meet?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

"Hey there,

New to the scene etc.

Have noticed through chatting to someone and reading peoples profiles that a lot of members prefer you to have verifications before engaging in chat, social meets, or any other form of meet.

Does anyone have any advice on how to become verified other than photo verification or is it a case of biding time, hitting it off with someone who will take the gamble to meet?"

Having a decent profile and pic will be a start

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go to a club...

Put more effort into your profile!

noted.

I know my profile needs a bit of work. not too sure what to put at the moment.

I try to learn from what I see on others so I am gaining an idea and will be looking to evolve it as I become more confident on the site.

Thank you for taking the time to reply

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

I'd make some effort with your profile first off.

Its very sparse to say the least,and your pic is lame..

Try socials,and clubs for a verification

Do a forum search for single male profile advice. Sure there's plenty to get you started but ultimately your profile should be about you.

[Removed by poster at 17/07/15 20:36:11]

Thanks All,

I will do some work on the ol' profile and see what I can do with it.

If I am honest I set up the account in a bit of a rush one evening and had forgot to go back and check what I had actually put in there. Bit of a no brainer after reading replies etc.

In the last half hour you have written more on here than in 4 weeks on your profile!

This is very true.

I was initially testing the waters and after setting up my profile I was unsure how what to expect from the site or how often I would visit etc.

Now that I have been on here for a while now and check in on a regular basis as time has gone by I thought I would seek some outside perspective.

I am genuinely grateful for the advice from you all, even if it should have been glaringly obvious from the start.

One good advice you need is, you need patience.

"One good advice you need is, you need patience."

I agree. Not looking for anything to magically happen from the get go. Just thought cause I had been here a few weeks and discovered the forums, I'd ask for a bit of advice.

Good job I did I think, from the profile point of view.

Also has reassured me about the site etc. Taking the plunge to write in the forums and not just dabble in the chat rooms etc. has felt a lot more welcoming.

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

Try a club - they are friendly and welcoming. Behave, be polite and you will see some action. Build a circle of swinging friends through the clubs and get them to verify you.

Respect others and read profiles

By *r and mrs willingCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

I quite like the style of your profile. You don't seem cocky or arrogant and you understand that as a newbie, you probably have a way to go before finding what you are looking for. I would also suggest having a look at the profiles of some men who are successful fabbers, to see how they sell themselves but do it in stealth mode or you can expect a load of a use in your in box if some men see you have dared to look at their profile ! Be patient, take the advice about clubs and socials and use the forum to get yourself known here, albeit by a very small percentage of Fab members. But never, ever starting whining on the forum about not be able to get a meet - you will regret it !

» Add a new message to this topic