FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Help with profile

Help with profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

How do you get people to actually read profiles before messaging? Apart from having a limit of 3 words...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How do you get people to actually read profiles before messaging? Apart from having a limit of 3 words... "

Be less negative.

The first sentence pretty much made my eyes glaze over and cba reading the rest.

Accept that the people who dont read your profile arent going to no matter what it says so any moaning will only be pointlessly aimed at those who do read profiles.

Write foe the person you want to attract and just delte the detritus as it enters your inbox.

Otherwise you risk putting off perfectly nice people by coming across as ranty

"

Accept that the people who dont read your profile arent going to no matter what it says so any moaning will only be pointlessly aimed at those who do read profiles.

Write foe the person you want to attract and just delte the detritus as it enters your inbox.

"

Good point. I've moved it to the end so it doesn't out off genuine people.

The problem is there's so much detritus it bores me rigid. But you're right people who don't read aren't going to whatever it says.

"

The problem is there's so much detritus it bores me rigid. But you're right people who don't read aren't going to whatever it says. "

The 3rd paragraph about shit messages is also a bit and will make people a bit self concious about messaging.

As per my usual advice read your profile a loud to yourself and then see if you could write a message to yourself that isnt "shit" using only whats in the profile.

Little conversational ice breakers in there that people can use to make a little initial joke help.

Makes people feel relaxed and a bit less job interview ish

"

The problem is there's so much detritus it bores me rigid. But you're right people who don't read aren't going to whatever it says.

The 3rd paragraph about shit messages is also a bit and will make people a bit self concious about messaging.

As per my usual advice read your profile a loud to yourself and then see if you could write a message to yourself that isnt "shit" using only whats in the profile.

Little conversational ice breakers in there that people can use to make a little initial joke help.

Makes people feel relaxed and a bit less job interview ish

"

Got to agree with your comment about the shit messages paragraph, it would dissuade me from writing.

I think writing a profile is one of the hardest things we do, accept that you can't please everyone.

I don't think your profile is overly ranty or negative, I've seen lots worse. But it doesn't come across as overly friendly.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's an informative profile, men who do read and take notice of requirements will read it and will make contact or not, some may be chancers, some men won't read it at all. The men who do read it might prefer something a little friendlier. It's a balancing act, I know. The block button is there should you need it....

Your profile tells everyone exactly what you want.

It's clear and informative.

"The men who do read it might prefer something a little friendlier. It's a balancing act, I know. The block button is there should you need it...."

Those who know me in person know I'm very friendly, my online harshness is to try to stop even just a small amount of the bullshit I get but as you say it's a balancing act. And yes I do use the block button on a regular basis! Thanks for the input x

"Your profile tells everyone exactly what you want.

It's clear and informative.

"

Thank you lovely x

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I think it is a very good profile. Great photos. The profile text gives loads of information and explains what you are looking for.

No text speak or spelling errors.

Gold star

Now i wonder what would happen if a male asks for profile advice with the line "dont send me shit messages" :p

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Now i wonder what would happen if a male asks for profile advice with the line "dont send me shit messages" :p"

He'd probably get told 'be grateful to get any, you arrogant fellow'

"Now i wonder what would happen if a male asks for profile advice with the line "dont send me shit messages" :p"

I think we all know the answer to that question.

"I think it is a very good profile. Great photos. The profile text gives loads of information and explains what you are looking for.

No text speak or spelling errors.

Gold star "

Oo top of the class for me!

"Now i wonder what would happen if a male asks for profile advice with the line "dont send me shit messages" :p

He'd probably get told 'be grateful to get any, you arrogant fellow' "

I don't think he should although I'm sure some would. I just think it's polite if you want to meet someone to read the profile and send a decent message whichever sex you are. Otherwise you're just saying you'll fuck anything and you're desperate. Maybe I'm just old school where manners count

» Add a new message to this topic