FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Ghosting

Ghosting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o I OP   Man  over a year ago

Sudbury

Happening more and more here. All starts off well, messages are exchanged, and then all comms shut down! WTG

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Happening more and more here. All starts off well, messages are exchanged, and then all comms shut down! WTG "

Pure cowardice, simply say “ok nice chatting but that’s it for me, happy fabbing”

"Happening more and more here. All starts off well, messages are exchanged, and then all comms shut down! WTG

Pure cowardice, simply say “ok nice chatting but that’s it for me, happy fabbing” "

Sometimes its easier just to say nothing, people get bored or put off by things and from past experience ive had nothing but abuse after saying sorry but its a no

Sudbury

"Happening more and more here. All starts off well, messages are exchanged, and then all comms shut down! WTG

Pure cowardice, simply say “ok nice chatting but that’s it for me, happy fabbing”

Sometimes its easier just to say nothing, people get bored or put off by things and from past experience ive had nothing but abuse after saying sorry but its a no"

A 'not for me' is fine. But don't get expectations up, and then go cold. I don't think people quite get the purpose(s) of why we are all on here.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

That isn't so called ghosting....that is they got bored for whatever reason and stopped replying

Sudbury

"That isn't so called ghosting....that is they got bored for whatever reason and stopped replying"

:-/

Sometimes its easier just to say nothing, people get bored or put off by things and from past experience ive had nothing but abuse after saying sorry but its a no

A 'not for me' is fine. But don't get expectations up, and then go cold. I don't think people quite get the purpose(s) of why we are all on here. "

Never have expectations til youve actually met, noone owes you anything people are entitled to change their minds

Sudbury

A 'not for me' is fine. But don't get expectations up, and then go cold. I don't think people quite get the purpose(s) of why we are all on here.

Never have expectations til youve actually met, noone owes you anything people are entitled to change their minds"

I totally respect that. But it would be nice to get that out of courtesy

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman  over a year ago

on the naughty side of the street

I've been on here awhile and had such hassle and horrendous msgs back from saying "thanks but no thanks" or if been sending msgs but there just isn't that spark ive said it's not working.

Also it may depend on who you are chatting to.

Are they recently verified?

I know there are allot of time wasters on here.

I'd go to socials or events at clubs. Get yourself at the bar and chat to people it's the best way.

Also i have found there is an issue with mail,

I've lost messages from people I regularly chat with because of being inundated by messages. Could do with a star system maybe.

Good luck x

Sudbury

"I've been on here awhile and had such hassle and horrendous msgs back from saying "thanks but no thanks" or if been sending msgs but there just isn't that spark ive said it's not working.

I'd go to socials or events at clubs. Get yourself at the bar and chat to people it's the best way.

I've lost messages from people I regularly chat with because of being inundated by messages. Could do with a star system maybe.

Good luck x

"

Thanks Unicorn! Helpful. Issue with single men is that it is a bit of a lottery getting accepted to meets/socials possibly because of experiences people have had with single males flaunting themselves about. Early days for me, but it'll be worth it.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't think people quite get the purpose(s) of why we are all on here. "

Could you explain why you believe people are here?

Sudbury

"I don't think people quite get the purpose(s) of why we are all on here.

Could you explain why you believe people are here?"

Sex, social, friendship, the list goes on

Its pretty normal as you know if you like someone or if they are boring the shit out of you after half a dozen messages it would be worse if they said you were such a boring person and not to mail them again. Its not cowardice its not rude its sometimes better to say nothing in reality.

Sometimes its easier just to say nothing, people get bored or put off by things and from past experience ive had nothing but abuse after saying sorry but its a no"

Yeah there is that risk I guess, the way I see it expect nothing then you can’t be disappointed and treat people how you’d like to be treated

A lot to be said for politeness and courtesy even on here x

Sudbury

Yeah there is that risk I guess, the way I see it expect nothing then you can’t be disappointed and treat people how you’d like to be treated

A lot to be said for politeness and courtesy even on here x"

Great responses on here, which I'm grateful for. Thanks all

Mailing someone out of the blue on here is just like sending junk mail. They didn't ask for it as I dont ask for Everest window mail. I don't feel I should have to reply to every piece of junk mail neither should people have to here anyone who thinks so is a bot pompous in my view.

Sudbury

"Mailing someone out of the blue on here is just like sending junk mail. They didn't ask for it as I dont ask for Everest window mail. I don't feel I should have to reply to every piece of junk mail neither should people have to here anyone who thinks so is a bot pompous in my view. "

I agree. If there's no invite to message, one shouldn't expect much/anything. But the issue is when there has been mutual exchanges. Anyway. Everyone's view is valid.

"Happening more and more here. All starts off well, messages are exchanged, and then all comms shut down! WTG "

That's not ghosting that's just plain old bad manners!

It's only ghosting when you are in a personal relationship and they suddenly blank you with no reasons ... it's highly damaging emotionally.

For it to be on fab you'd have to be in a relationship with these people

By *icearmsMan  over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

"I've been on here awhile and had such hassle and horrendous msgs back from saying "thanks but no thanks" or if been sending msgs but there just isn't that spark ive said it's not working.

Good luck x

Thanks Unicorn! Helpful. Issue with single men is that it is a bit of a lottery getting accepted to meets/socials possibly because of experiences people have had with single males flaunting themselves about. Early days for me, but it'll be worth it. "

Mate I get out to socials regularly... you just have to be early on the list and then show up and be polite etc... I've met a load of great people from socials which over time has widened my invites to other events....

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

Think it depends on the conversation. If you have exchanged lots of messages then conversation can quickly dry up. Sometimes the last message received can hint at them shutting the conversation down. It might not always be a case of ghosting.

Never have expectations til youve actually met, noone owes you anything people are entitled to change their minds"

» Add a new message to this topic