FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

So todays artist

"The Boss"

Probably the best value gig you will ever see in your life.From Slane in 1985 to Croke park in 2016 he just doesnt play the same set twice in a row ever and sometimes the fans pick the songs so The E Street Band have to learn and rehearse a huge amount of songs

He probably means more to the fans in America but Ireland seems to be a close second

His sound checks are longer than some other artists gigs and he played my favourite song of his to about 100 of us sitting in front of the stage of the RDS once

Its called "American Skin" or 41 shots and when he played it 5000 people in

the queue outside went crazy clapping.

My favorite CD is one and from 2009 its called "Working on a Dream"

Thoughts on The Boss ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One of the all times greats. Seen him loads of times here and in UK and USA. You always get a good show from him and E street band. Miss big Clarence though

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've seen him twice in the RDS but the last time was 94 or 95 I think. Haven't been lucky enough to get a ticket since.

He's my go to artist when I'm looking an uplifting anthem.

Too many favourites to mention

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I really like his music have quite a bit on my ipod. Never got a chance to see him live tho. Mostly listen to his older stuff tho.

By *ight MovesMan  over a year ago

The Wide Blue Yonder

Born To Run (the song) still remains my fav after all these years.

And, for what it's worth, love Patti Smith's version of Because The Night - which he wrote.

The river..love it..

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Oooooh love The River and Street's of Philadelphia

By *ight MovesMan  over a year ago

The Wide Blue Yonder

"The river..love it.. "

True, The River is class.

"The river..love it.. "

Absolutely

His last album Western Skies is fantastic, proof as if it was needed that he still has it. He has this uncanny ability to tap into what society is going through and bring it all out through his music.

Have seen him at Croker and RDS but wish I had seen him at the Point when he played there. The man is a true legend.

Love his music..unfortunately not seen him live..yet! Watched his live concert, Rock in Rio,the other night..think it was from 2016..over 2 hrs..one song leading into the other, hardly no breaks from him or the band..great interaction with the crowd...class

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

If you can download it, watch the ‘Musicares’ tribute concert.

Bruce & family in the audience while some greats acts play his songs. A terrific I’m on fire by Mumford & Son. Sting, Elton John. Many more.

His acceptance speech is one of the best I’ve ever heard. Then he plays a few songs.

I can watch it time and time again.

somewhere

"If you can download it, watch the ‘Musicares’ tribute concert.

Bruce & family in the audience while some greats acts play his songs. A terrific I’m on fire by Mumford & Son. Sting, Elton John. Many more.

His acceptance speech is one of the best I’ve ever heard. Then he plays a few songs.

I can watch it time and time again. "

Thank you for that

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"So todays artist

"The Boss"

Probably the best value gig you will ever see in your life.From Slane in 1985 to Croke park in 2016 he just doesnt play the same set twice in a row ever and sometimes the fans pick the songs so The E Street Band have to learn and rehearse a huge amount of songs

He probably means more to the fans in America but Ireland seems to be a close second

His sound checks are longer than some other artists gigs and he played my favourite song of his to about 100 of us sitting in front of the stage of the RDS once

Thoughts on The Boss ?"

Have you ever read American Psycho?

This could have been pulled straight from it !!

somewhere

"So todays artist

"The Boss"

Thoughts on The Boss ?

Have you ever read American Psycho?

This could have been pulled straight from it !!"

I did read it but can't remember much of it to be honest so now I don't know if its a good or bad thing that it reminds you of it

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"So todays artist

"The Boss"

Thoughts on The Boss ?"

All true, he's the ultimate live performer, value for money is off the charts and incredible energy for a man of his age, he has surrounded himself with top class musicians.

His solo gigs were my favourite however as I do prefer albums like Nebraska and devils and dust.

I've seen a lot of top bands live but he is head and shoulders above the others.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Whilst I do like him and what he does, 3hrs of him is not always easy, depending on the song choices.

Great value for money, which I would also argue, Metallica often provide

"So todays artist

"The Boss"

Thoughts on The Boss ?"

Massive fan and that's a great song based on a very tragic event but I'd imagine you probably realise that..the shooting by police of amadou diallo in NYC..which then provoked a reaction and demo by the police at a gig there..which i believe was the gig recorded and later released on dvd and cd.

My favorite..many..but I've got a soft spot for human touch and some of the rockier stuff on it among others

I love him. I've only seen him live once, best gig I was ever at. I go through phases of listening to The Boss, so many great great songs, I love Brilliant Disguise and Old Dan Tucker

By *eisurepleasureMan  over a year ago

belfast

Saw him on 1st june 1985 Slane

"Whilst I do like him and what he does, 3hrs of him is not always easy, depending on the song choices.

Great value for money, which I would also argue, Metallica often provide "

That's why I'd never go see him in concert. Over 3 hours is just far too long for me to hold interest, especially in a crowded standing environment. I'd just get agitated and be hoping every song is his last.

Lucky enough to have worked as stage crew for him on 3 occasions!

All in ireland.

Excellent performer, and great value for money.

Shows usually nearly 3 hours.

ICONIC... simple as ...class is permanent...his book is brilliant..Born in the USA..an album that would hold its own against any album in any generation...Bless him..he had his inner demons and totally acknowledges that he is only human like anyone else ..no ego ..humble out..

"Whilst I do like him and what he does, 3hrs of him is not always easy, depending on the song choices.

Great value for money, which I would also argue, Metallica often provide "

I saw him only once

That was in limerick a few years ago it was nearer 4 hours and I absolutely love every second plus check out the best of live 75-85 each one is a classic

I must be the only person on this island who doesn’t care for Bruce Springsteen. He’s grand, like. I don’t completely hate his music and would hum along if I heard one of his songs on the radio but other than that... meh. I’ve never met another person who shares that view.

Is there anybody else out there?!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I must be the only person on this island who doesn’t care for Bruce Springsteen. He’s grand, like. I don’t completely hate his music and would hum along if I heard one of his songs on the radio but other than that... meh. I’ve never met another person who shares that view.

Is there anybody else out there?!"

I like some of the singles and his live stuff but I’ve not got an album. I take it you are a Bowie fan? Have you seen the Dublin concert from the Reality tour in 2004 I think? I ha e the DVD and can watch it time and again.

Seen him 35 times first Slane 85 was magic best gig Barcelona came on at 10.15pm ended at 2.30 am best one by a mile

somewhere

"Seen him 35 times first Slane 85 was magic best gig Barcelona came on at 10.15pm ended at 2.30 am best one by a mile "

Are you of these fans that leaves the concert and goes straight back into the queue fot the next night's gig to get into the golden circle

I’ve done 41 shows since 1981- all uk. Not done Ireland yet, but one day!!

Can’t wait for his return hopefully next year

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

He is really the only big name that I still haven't seen but would love too

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

Have seen him twice. They were each probably the best gig I've ever been to and I've been to a lot of gigs.

I've been in the pit for 1/2 of the the 35 gigs can be good to be up close not one to go to every gig have seen him in lreland England wales Germany spain ltaly and USA gigs in lreland are drink fests don't know why half the people go concerts abroad are for real fans there to see the performances not to get d*unk!!!!

somewhere

"I've been in the pit for 1/2 of the the 35 gigs can be good to be up close not one to go to every gig have seen him in lreland England wales Germany spain ltaly and USA gigs in lreland are drink fests don't know why half the people go concerts abroad are for real fans there to see the performances not to get d*unk!!!!"

The bane of my life...d*unks talking and smoking at gigs

It's like they go to be seen and put it on social media.They know a few hits and annoy the fuck out of everyone else near them while the gig is on

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

"Oooooh love The River and Street's of Philadelphia "

Two of my faves also !

By *attooYouMan  over a year ago

just about northside

Still one artist I've yet to delve into, just dont know where to start. Like, My Hometown, love The River and BTR. I'm on Fire another gwm. Heard the Nebraska is a diamond in the rough. Great story in Dublin of the girl who went over to the table Bono left for a moment and asked his mate to get Bonos autograph. Bono returned it and said that Bruce was more than happy to oblige. She was morto!

Is the BOSS dead ! Was it aids or conoran 19 ???

By *ridgeboy38Man  over a year ago

kildare

Absolutely the best show ever have seen him 18 times in past few years. Favourite song would be The River or Thunder road

By *usanne9537TV/TS  over a year ago

Nottingham

Racing in the Street is my absolute favourite but so many great songs. Love the Darkness on the Edge of Town album as well.

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

Seen him live a couple of years ago absolutely fantastic

I'll Stand By You...my go to song when im down..I love Bruce more than life itself...kilkenny last year was amazing Glen Hansard and Bruce...Drove all night...just pure class

By *ouge and blueCouple  over a year ago

Cork

The best live act you'll ever see. For afficianados, check out his contributions to The Defiant Ones on Netflix.

Seen him live in the RDS couple yrs back,, played over 3hrs,, what a brilliant show,when he played The River with packed audience including me singing along,, unforgettable

Really like him.

Streets of philadephia

The river

Secret garden

To name a few..

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Been an admirer since born to run , seen him thrice..bramhall lane Sheffield after born in the usa, Wembley arena a couple of years later after a country style album and RDS about 5 or 6 years back..

He is absolutely fabulous...

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan  over a year ago

Waterford

"Born To Run (the song) still remains my fav after all these years.

And, for what it's worth, love Patti Smith's version of Because The Night - which he wrote."

Bruce came up with the tune but Patti Smith wrote the lyrics and recorded the original version.

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Did he not write one of Manfred mann's last hits..blinded by the light..

Slane in 85 was amazing

» Add a new message to this topic