FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Liverpool thread

Liverpool thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To show your appreciation but on a LFC piece of clothing or anything red even !;)

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

"To show your appreciation but on a LFC piece of clothing or anything red even !;)"

Done hours ago

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

Delete

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

lets face it they didnt really win the league it should have been cancelled instead of remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors..these games were not played under normal conditions so therefore the season should be null and void ...2020 the year liverpool didnt really win the league

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"lets face it they didnt really win the league it should have been cancelled instead of remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors..these games were not played under normal conditions so therefore the season should be null and void ...2020 the year liverpool didnt really win the league "

Bitter much ??

Waterford

"lets face it they didnt really win the league it should have been cancelled instead of remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors..these games were not played under normal conditions so therefore the season should be null and void ...2020 the year liverpool didnt really win the league "

Sure ya may as well null and void any season where games were played in heavy snow. You could argue it's not fair to the teams that had to play under those conditions while others didn't.

The words 'straws' and 'clutching' come to mind

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

Why should it have been cancelled ?

Other leagues around the world have been resumed

Oh let me guess , it’s because they won it to make them the best club team in the world , in Europe and England

louth

"lets face it they didnt really win the league it should have been cancelled instead of remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors..these games were not played under normal conditions so therefore the season should be null and void ...2020 the year liverpool didnt really win the league

Sure ya may as well null and void any season where games were played in heavy snow. You could argue it's not fair to the teams that had to play under those conditions while others didn't.

The words 'straws' and 'clutching' come to mind"

rubbish argument..no games are played in heavy snow.. those fixtures are postponed until weather is better..playng in front of 50k screaming people is a whole different animal..the pressure is immense..these post covid games are only training sessions in comparison so very little stress..so no you cannot say Liverpool won fairly..

Waterford

"lets face it they didnt really win the league it should have been cancelled instead of remaining fixtures being played behind closed doors..these games were not played under normal conditions so therefore the season should be null and void ...2020 the year liverpool didnt really win the league

rubbish argument..no games are played in heavy snow.. those fixtures are postponed until weather is better..playng in front of 50k screaming people is a whole different animal..the pressure is immense..these post covid games are only training sessions in comparison so very little stress..so no you cannot say Liverpool won fairly.. "

Ah would ya stop. Every team is in the same boat.

And games have been played in snow. I was at one.

And where's the rule that says a ground has to be full?

No rules broken. No advantages given. Won fair and square.

As I said, clutching at straws.

You actually sound exactly like Liverpool fans did at their most bitter

No one in any top flight European division has won 28 of their first 31 games!

Enjoy this magnificent football team and manager

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

What is liverpool

Waterford

"What is liverpool"

Ah here, I'm out!!!!!

Waterford

"What is liverpool

Ah here, I'm out!!!!! "

Out of what

You are a special type of moron to be fair. "Normal conditions" aren't taking place in the vast majority of workplaces at the moment and they very much did win it. They pissed the league , won it with 7 games to spare which no other side has done against a side up to last year many claimed were the best side the premier league has seen so be a good boy and take your medicine.

louth

You are a special type of moron to be fair. "Normal conditions" aren't taking place in the vast majority of workplaces at the moment and they very much did win it. They pissed the league , won it with 7 games to spare which no other side has done against a side up to last year many claimed were the best side the premier league has seen so be a good boy and take your medicine."

a special type of moron lovely thank you..diversity is a wonderful thing ..we all have different views and opinions on life..no one should be called a moron for that.. especially when it comes to football

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

i presume cosmic that you're a utd supporter trolling liverpool supporters for the craic

No harm and no need to give you personal abuse but I think you should at least admit that liverpool have been amazing all season

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

How is it that if you say anything wrong about liverpool you are automatically a man utd supporter .I'm not a liverpool fan and never will be .its nothing to do with the world class players they have .its their supporters .. having said that .they were the best team this season by a mile so give them that .

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

You are a special type of moron to be fair. "Normal conditions" aren't taking place in the vast majority of workplaces at the moment and they very much did win it. They pissed the league , won it with 7 games to spare which no other side has done against a side up to last year many claimed were the best side the premier league has seen so be a good boy and take your medicine."

epic moron and undeniably bitter,maybe an Everton fan

North County

The words 'straws' and 'clutching' come to mind"

He's clutching at more straws than a masterbating scarecrow!

Current English, European and world champions boom!

Some people just let their hurt spill out lol

Brynmawr

rubbish argument..no games are played in heavy snow.. those fixtures are postponed until weather is better..playng in front of 50k screaming people is a whole different animal..the pressure is immense..these post covid games are only training sessions in comparison so very little stress..so no you cannot say Liverpool won fairly.. "

Your argument is bull

The conditions were the same for every team before covid

The conditions are the same for every team now

Stop being so bitter and accept that the team with the most trophies in the English league are back at the top of the perch

skerries

Liverpool lead Manchester United by one .as most trophies won.. 43 to 42

Liverpool probably would have more if the hadn't been kicked out of Europe in the 80s for causing the heysel stadium disaster

"Liverpool lead Manchester United by one .as most trophies won.. 43 to 42

Liverpool probably would have more if the hadn't been kicked out of Europe in the 80s for causing the heysel stadium disaster "

Don't be a cnut British teams where banned from Europe because of hooligans not just because of LFC

Brynmawr

Liverpool probably would have more if the hadn't been kicked out of Europe in the 80s for causing the heysel stadium disaster "

Liverpool major trophies won 48

Man Utd major trophies won 45

skerries

What's with the bad language. Liverpool were the team that played Juventus that night

skerries

It's just my point of view .maybe I'm wrong .

"What's with the bad language. Liverpool were the team that played Juventus that night "

What bad language ?? Cnut isn't even a word. It's not my fault you assumed that I called you a cunt

skerries

Look you were only a child when that happened .look it up and you will see I'm right .I just said that liverpool might have won more if they weren't banned .from Europe

Typically liverpool supporters .cant take any criticism ..

skerries

Look you were only a child when that happened .look it up and you will see I'm right .I just said that liverpool might have won more if they weren't banned .from Europe

Typically liverpool supporters .cant take any criticism ..

skerries

And if you look up what I said earlier in the thread .said that they were the best team this season . But remember Leicester and Blackburn ..I swallow doesn't make a summer

North County

56 year old man trolling a forum about a club he doesn't support. Life goals eh

Mother be proud, didn't he turn out well

You are a special type of moron to be fair. "Normal conditions" aren't taking place in the vast majority of workplaces at the moment and they very much did win it. They pissed the league , won it with 7 games to spare which no other side has done against a side up to last year many claimed were the best side the premier league has seen so be a good boy and take your medicine.

a special type of moron lovely thank you..diversity is a wonderful thing ..we all have different views and opinions on life..no one should be called a moron for that.. especially when it comes to football"

You're not a moron for having a diverse opinion , you're a moron for having the opinion of a moron. It's either you are unintentionally a moron by believing what you've said or intentionally a moron by attempting to provoke with what you said. Either way you do not pass go and land on destination moron .

You probably wonder why you have so little action on here but you stick around for the forums because you know negative attention here is better than no attention at all . Outsourcing your sense of validation to come in the forums where people will engage where they won't in actual meets . I would say I feel sorry for you but I don't , that said please feel free to shine a spotlight on your own stupidity and it's good to have a laugh .

North County

a special type of moron lovely thank you..diversity is a wonderful thing ..we all have different views and opinions on life..no one should be called a moron for that.. especially when it comes to football

You're not a moron for having a diverse opinion , you're a moron for having the opinion of a moron. It's either you are unintentionally a moron by believing what you've said or intentionally a moron by attempting to provoke with what you said. Either way you do not pass go and land on destination moron .

You probably wonder why you have so little action on here but you stick around for the forums because you know negative attention here is better than no attention at all . Outsourcing your sense of validation to come in the forums where people will engage where they won't in actual meets . I would say I feel sorry for you but I don't , that said please feel free to shine a spotlight on your own stupidity and it's good to have a laugh . "

All about attention

Waterford

I am so glad himself isnt into football

skerries

Lol.

By *ornyfireCouple  over a year ago

Middle Earth

Just spent €20 on Liverpool champions flag for the kids... I'm possibly more excited than them and not a football fan

skerries

Good for you .some of my family are liverpool supporters who go to Anfield a lot .as I said earlier they are a very good and exciting team ..

"Look you were only a child when that happened .look it up and you will see I'm right .I just said that liverpool might have won more if they weren't banned .from Europe

Typically liverpool supporters .cant take any criticism .."

Sorry MOT but the reality was that particular final was used by a large volume of hooligans from a variety of clubs as a battleground.

Its absolutely horrendous what happened and hopefully will never happen again.

The fact that Liverpool practically won this year's competition in January prior to Lockdown means any argument of being unworthy Champions from anyone smacks of bitterness.

In your eyes Liverpool are now level pegging with the likes of Leicester and Blackburn.

Let's hope we can go one better over the coming year(s)

Make love not war peeps there's enough bollocks going on in this world at the moment

"Just spent €20 on Liverpool champions flag for the kids... I'm possibly more excited than them and not a football fan "

Oh the lucky sods

skerries

Kaizer will you please let these people know I congratulated you on your team winning the league during the week .

By *ornyfireCouple  over a year ago

Middle Earth

"Just spent €20 on Liverpool champions flag for the kids... I'm possibly more excited than them and not a football fan

Oh the lucky sods "

Next stop Anfeild

"Kaizer will you please let these people know I congratulated you on your team winning the league during the week . "

You did indeed!

But you did throw in the little dog about Leicester and Blackburn and then bringing up Heysel etc.

So let's all be friends and sing Kumbayay

In your defence you did not post the most idiotic comment on this thread since the crowning of the Champions.

Some remarks smack of bitterness and have to be a wind up

"Just spent €20 on Liverpool champions flag for the kids... I'm possibly more excited than them and not a football fan

Oh the lucky sods

Next stop Anfeild "

Nicccce!

Kaizer is anxiously awaiting the Nike launch

skerries

I just said they could have won more trophies .what was wrong with mention of the heysel disaster ....at least your not immature enough to give me abuse . Heysel is part of history as is Hillsborough and the Munich air crash .and parkhead in Scotland

"I just said they could have won more trophies .what was wrong with mention of the heysel disaster ....at least your not immature enough to give me abuse . Heysel is part of history as is Hillsborough and the Munich air crash .and parkhead in Scotland "

There was no need really

"Look you were only a child when that happened .look it up and you will see I'm right .I just said that liverpool might have won more if they weren't banned .from Europe

Typically liverpool supporters .cant take any criticism .."

Imagine if I used your logic.

United would have won more trophies if they did go and kill their team by crashing the plane in the snow ? Would you have taken that badly ? You where probably only a child then so you wouldn't know but look it up it actually happened

skerries

Well kaizer as I said during the week well done I know you are a big fan . Hope you enjoy it .and we can hopefully have the craic and slagging again come September. And as for the rest on here .grow up

[Removed by poster at 27/06/20 19:35:59]

Fact: Liverpool are the best team on planet earth right now

Fact: Gary Neville is missing

Fact: Rafa used to say fact alot

Fact: A child's got more bones than a grown ups got

Fact: Dejan Lovren now has the following resume - Premier League winner, European Cup winner, World Club winner, World Cup Runner up, Premier League runner up, European Cup Runner up, and a few more

Now think about that last one for a while and stop bickering

louth

You probably wonder why you have so little action on here but you stick around for the forums because you know negative attention here is better than no attention at all . Outsourcing your sense of validation to come in the forums where people will engage where they won't in actual meets . I would say I feel sorry for you but I don't , that said please feel free to shine a spotlight on your own stupidity and it's good to have a laugh . "

who said I was looking for meets off fab?? I have a decent social life and sex life outside of fab its more than enough for me I merely joined this out of curiosity so please never assume rubbish like that..I think you need to sit down take a deep breath and remind yourself thats its only a game of football..no need to get all hot and bothered I think you must be a liverpool fan and deep down you know I'm right..It must be the greatest anti climax ever for liverpool to win the pl..anyway dont be getting your knickers of indeed jocks in a twist over me if you dont like my posts I suggest you ignore me in future..never attack the poster but always attack the post

louth

Liverpool probably would have more if the hadn't been kicked out of Europe in the 80s for causing the heysel stadium disaster

Man Utd major trophies won 45"

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era

Here.... Use Kaizer's shovel

Brynmawr

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era "

The standard of football was poor

It was the same for all teams then as it is now

louth

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era

It was the same for all teams then as it is now "

no way the premier league only started in 1992..it was a step up in class more money also meant more overseas players..the best footballers want to play in premier league..before the premier league started doesnt count..the trophies liverpool have from the 80s are rubber medals in comparison to premier league titles

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era "

Exactly. Like this is a different era.. By that argument this is the greatest era of all time for football quality . And if that is true then the current English, European and world club champions are the best team in the greatest era which...By your own argument, means the greatest club team of all time Hard to argue with that pal. U made a really valid point

no way the premier league only started in 1992..it was a step up in class more money also meant more overseas players..the best footballers want to play in premier league..before the premier league started doesnt count..the trophies liverpool have from the 80s are rubber medals in comparison to premier league titles "

Brazil 1970 arguably the grestest side ever!

End of debate

louth

no way the premier league only started in 1992..it was a step up in class more money also meant more overseas players..the best footballers want to play in premier league..before the premier league started doesnt count..the trophies liverpool have from the 80s are rubber medals in comparison to premier league titles

End of debate "

we are talking about the english top flights not Brazilian national team

End of debate

we are talking about the english top flights not Brazilian national team"

Surely the standard of football is relative

By *aton28Man  over a year ago

galway/mayo

End of debate

we are talking about the english top flights not Brazilian national team

Surely the standard of football is relative

"

Going by the logic that the premier league is a far superior competition then this Liverpool team are quite frankly the greatest English team ever as they are smashing all kinds of records this season.

no way the premier league only started in 1992..it was a step up in class more money also meant more overseas players..the best footballers want to play in premier league..before the premier league started doesnt count..the trophies liverpool have from the 80s are rubber medals in comparison to premier league titles "

Since u so conveniently missed this last time I'll post it again

Exactly. Like this is a different era.. By that argument this is the greatest era of all time for football quality . And if that is true then the current English, European and world club champions are the best team in the greatest era which...By your own argument, means the greatest club team of all time.  Hard to argue with that pal. U made a really valid point

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

Not even reading back ! We won ....there's my celebration pics ....YNWA

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Not even reading back ! We won ....there's my celebration pics ....YNWA"

Haha I put mine on private just incase

By *louds in my coffeeTV/TS  over a year ago

Aberdare

Bollox was already won in by March

somewhere

Great pics and in fairness you'll never walk alone with that celebration

louth

Since u so conveniently missed this last time I'll post it again

Exactly. Like this is a different era.. By that argument this is the greatest era of all time for football quality . And if that is true then the current English, European and world club champions are the best team in the greatest era which...By your own argument, means the greatest club team of all time.  Hard to argue with that pal. U made a really valid point

"

champions for 1 season and youre saying the best team of all time dont make me laugh lad..time will tell if they can repeat there success..doubt it very much.. didn't they win champions league back in 00s and were saying they were back .. just a flash in the pan..city will come back next season stronger ..ill not open a newspaper this week all ill be reading is the best team ever rubbish...you never hear this attitude when city or chelsea win..why always liverpool

louth

Bollox was already won in by March "

city let them win ..the season before liverpool couldnt win because city wouldnt let them..the same will happen next year..liverpool just a flash in the pan..nobody else wanted it

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Hell yeah #ynwa

Kaizer would like to extend congratulations to all the beautiful awesome Red supporters on this thread!

Its a great time to be a Red.... Let's just enjoy it

Waterford

Jesus Liverpool are fuckin' useless

somewhere

"Jesus Liverpool are fuckin' useless"

Turned over to virgin media they were showing a replay of liverpool beating Barcelona 4 nil

Waterford

"Jesus Liverpool are fuckin' useless

Turned over to virgin media they were showing a replay of liverpool beating Barcelona 4 nil "

We're only league champions a week and we're already back living in the past.

Old habits eh?

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

"Jesus Liverpool are fuckin' useless"

Seriously ?

somewhere

Turned over to virgin media they were showing a replay of liverpool beating Barcelona 4 nil

We're only league champions a week and we're already back living in the past.

Old habits eh? "

Feck it miss the atmosphere at the matches

I enjoyed the crowd as much as the match

City 4 - 0 liverpool

Who gives a fuck!?

skerries

Ah cum on kaizer

No need for that .liverpool are champions .what more do you want

Waterford

Seriously ? "

Of course not. I was just messing about.

The job is done, they can take the foot off the gas now after the massive effort they put in all season

Delete this thread, cant be doing listening to all the scousers coming out of the woodwork

skerries

Look couldn't care less who won it shower of overpaid posers the lot of them .. .

Liverpool were the best of a bad lot this season . Next year may be different

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Fuck liverpool

somewhere

"Fuck liverpool"

Thanks for your incisive post

louth

just like what i said man city let liverpool win the title..they turned on the class last night and destroyed liverpool..expect this next year..liverpool wont be winning any more premier leagues for a long long time..in reality a very average team

somewhere

"just like what i said man city let liverpool win the title..they turned on the class last night and destroyed liverpool..expect this next year..liverpool wont be winning any more premier leagues for a long long time..in reality a very average team "

Or a team on the doss for a week

I'd prefer to listen to an actual football expert like they have on sky who all agreed this team is exceptional

Average teams are not English champions,European champions and world champions at the same time

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

"Fuck liverpool

Thanks for your incisive post

"

It's all they deserve.

skerries

Only sport where you win one game to become world champions .another version of charity shield .... another way of making the fat cat club owners and sky tv more money

"Ah cum on kaizer

No need for that .liverpool are champions .what more do you want"

Exactly! It's done so let's just relax for while

somewhere

"Only sport where you win one game to become world champions .another version of charity shield .... another way of making the fat cat club owners and sky tv more money "

Whats wrong with making money for a start

You do know they had to play a load of games to become the champions of Europe and because of that they were able to win the title of World champions.

skerries

Yes kaizer roll on next season and see how it goes .be happy and have fun every body ..

somewhere

"Yes kaizer roll on next season and see how it goes .be happy and have fun every body .. "

skerries

[Removed by poster at 03/07/20 14:33:35]

skerries

Still only one game

City 4 - 0 liverpool

"Yes kaizer roll on next season and see how it goes .be happy and have fun every body ..

"

Big time!

City are firing on all cylinders for the Champions League in August

Brynmawr

Bloody hell , is he still on about Liverpool

Ffs , he’s getting stale now

Sorry buddy , but your comment about poor standard of football is total rubbish. I have been going to matches since late 60s. The pitches were a lot worse then. But my god there were some great players and teams. Im a Utd fan through and tgrough. But went to loads of man city, liverpool, everton games over the years. It hurts me to say it, but Liverpool have been by far the best team this season and deserve all the accolades. You were born in 86, so missed all the good players like Best, law, charlton of utd. Colin bell, corrigan, book all man city. Phil Neal, king kenny and Keegan at anfield. All the old teams had 3 or 4 players who were outsyanding back in the day.

skerries

Yes .great players .. no throwing themselves on the ground . Whinging and crying . Some of these guys would not last a season

"To show your appreciation but on a LFC piece of clothing or anything red even !;)"

Appreciation of ??... Liverpool ??...well fair to them ....they have won the Premiership....the best horse jumped the ditch ...and they now have the same amount of premiership titles as Blackburn Rovers and Leicester city...

louth

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era Sorry buddy , but your comment about poor standard of football is total rubbish. I have been going to matches since late 60s. The pitches were a lot worse then. But my god there were some great players and teams. Im a Utd fan through and tgrough. But went to loads of man city, liverpool, everton games over the years. It hurts me to say it, but Liverpool have been by far the best team this season and deserve all the accolades. You were born in 86, so missed all the good players like Best, law, charlton of utd. Colin bell, corrigan, book all man city. Phil Neal, king kenny and Keegan at anfield. All the old teams had 3 or 4 players who were outsyanding back in the day."

I stand by what i said the first division in England was a poor standard when compared with premier league..the fitness of an average pl player is far superior to that of an 80s first division footballer..also improved training methods..better facilities..better playing surfaces..improved medical procedures..pl footballers have their own chefs and their nutrition is catered for..all the good things that come with vast wealth the kind of wealth they could only dream of in the 80s.. a n 80s first division footballer has the same fitness level to that of today's divsion 3 players..so yes it was a poor standard..the great footballers of the 80s would struggle to keep up with the conditions of the EPL

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

The bitterness is hilarious. Were champions of the lot

city

"To show your appreciation but on a LFC piece of clothing or anything red even !;)

Appreciation of ??... Liverpool ??...well fair to them ....they have won the Premiership....the best horse jumped the ditch ...and they now have the same amount of premiership titles as Blackburn Rovers and Leicester city... "

Another bitter one

city

"Only sport where you win one game to become world champions .another version of charity shield .... another way of making the fat cat club owners and sky tv more money "

One game you have to win the champions league so you can play in that tournament. I'm guessing by our club never done that

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era Sorry buddy , but your comment about poor standard of football is total rubbish. I have been going to matches since late 60s. The pitches were a lot worse then. But my god there were some great players and teams. Im a Utd fan through and tgrough. But went to loads of man city, liverpool, everton games over the years. It hurts me to say it, but Liverpool have been by far the best team this season and deserve all the accolades. You were born in 86, so missed all the good players like Best, law, charlton of utd. Colin bell, corrigan, book all man city. Phil Neal, king kenny and Keegan at anfield. All the old teams had 3 or 4 players who were outsyanding back in the day.

I stand by what i said the first division in England was a poor standard when compared with premier league..the fitness of an average pl player is far superior to that of an 80s first division footballer..also improved training methods..better facilities..better playing surfaces..improved medical procedures..pl footballers have their own chefs and their nutrition is catered for..all the good things that come with vast wealth the kind of wealth they could only dream of in the 80s.. a n 80s first division footballer has the same fitness level to that of today's divsion 3 players..so yes it was a poor standard..the great footballers of the 80s would struggle to keep up with the conditions of the EPL "

Complete nonsense..

Players today have all the benefits or everything you've listed above and play on pitches like carpets week in week out in a virtually non contact sport with no tackle from behind. So basically of you can play now a days you are allowed to play in perfect conditions.

I put this to you Messi in the 80s would have struggled to have the impact he does on the game if he was subjected to the tackles and physicality that maradona was on less than perfect pitches. And can you imagine Ronaldo jumping and dancing simply to avoid getting kicked? he'd forget all about the ball!

Of all the attributes a professional footballer who makes it to the top level has fitness is the one that anyone can work on, that's the easy one.

I'm neither Liverpool or United, in fact I can't stand both. Liverpool have an appalling set of supporters who rioted all over Europe and caused the heysel stadium disaster. People forget that. They also almost single handedly were responsible for abolishing the back pass rule they used it so much. And what more needs to be said about united supporters, where they came from in the fergie era and how they acted since. Proper "footie" fans. Keane was spot on.

cannot compare liverpool and man utds trophy cabinet...when liverpool were in their heyday in the 80s the standard of football was poor in comparison to the standard of the 90 and 00s when man utd were in their element..it was a different era Sorry buddy , but your comment about poor standard of football is total rubbish. I have been going to matches since late 60s. The pitches were a lot worse then. But my god there were some great players and teams. Im a Utd fan through and tgrough. But went to loads of man city, liverpool, everton games over the years. It hurts me to say it, but Liverpool have been by far the best team this season and deserve all the accolades. You were born in 86, so missed all the good players like Best, law, charlton of utd. Colin bell, corrigan, book all man city. Phil Neal, king kenny and Keegan at anfield. All the old teams had 3 or 4 players who were outsyanding back in the day.

I stand by what i said the first division in England was a poor standard when compared with premier league..the fitness of an average pl player is far superior to that of an 80s first division footballer..also improved training methods..better facilities..better playing surfaces..improved medical procedures..pl footballers have their own chefs and their nutrition is catered for..all the good things that come with vast wealth the kind of wealth they could only dream of in the 80s.. a n 80s first division footballer has the same fitness level to that of today's divsion 3 players..so yes it was a poor standard..the great footballers of the 80s would struggle to keep up with the conditions of the EPL

Complete nonsense..

Players today have all the benefits or everything you've listed above and play on pitches like carpets week in week out in a virtually non contact sport with no tackle from behind. So basically of you can play now a days you are allowed to play in perfect conditions.

I put this to you Messi in the 80s would have struggled to have the impact he does on the game if he was subjected to the tackles and physicality that maradona was on less than perfect pitches. And can you imagine Ronaldo jumping and dancing simply to avoid getting kicked? he'd forget all about the ball!

Of all the attributes a professional footballer who makes it to the top level has fitness is the one that anyone can work on, that's the easy one.

I'm neither Liverpool or United, in fact I can't stand both. Liverpool have an appalling set of supporters who rioted all over Europe and caused the heysel stadium disaster. People forget that. They also almost single handedly were responsible for abolishing the back pass rule they used it so much. And what more needs to be said about united supporters, where they came from in the fergie era and how they acted since. Proper "footie" fans. Keane was spot on. "

Bang on

Complete nonsense..

I'm neither Liverpool or United, in fact I can't stand both. Liverpool have an appalling set of supporters who rioted all over Europe and caused the heysel stadium disaster. People forget that. They also almost single handedly were responsible for abolishing the back pass rule they used it so much. And what more needs to be said about united supporters, where they came from in the fergie era and how they acted since. Proper "footie" fans. Keane was spot on. "

Spot on bar the back pass rule...Liverpool of the 80s played some fantastic football. It was actually at international level that forced the change. Our very own Irish team in Italy 90 took full advantage and it was after the Euros in 92 when they decided to change it after Denmark and Peter Schmeichel used it so much.

Complete nonsense..

I'm neither Liverpool or United, in fact I can't stand both. Liverpool have an appalling set of supporters who rioted all over Europe and caused the heysel stadium disaster. People forget that. They also almost single handedly were responsible for abolishing the back pass rule they used it so much. And what more needs to be said about united supporters, where they came from in the fergie era and how they acted since. Proper "footie" fans. Keane was spot on.

Spot on bar the back pass rule...Liverpool of the 80s played some fantastic football. It was actually at international level that forced the change. Our very own Irish team in Italy 90 took full advantage and it was after the Euros in 92 when they decided to change it after Denmark and Peter Schmeichel used it so much. "

Incorrect. Liverpool of the 80s murdered the backpass. And what do teams do everywhere? Copy successful teams.

It was rife at the 1990 World Cup and the rule was abolished after the euros in 1992 but that doesn't mean that it only came to the fore at these tournaments.

[Removed by poster at 04/07/20 12:33:39]

Complete nonsense..

Spot on bar the back pass rule...Liverpool of the 80s played some fantastic football. It was actually at international level that forced the change. Our very own Irish team in Italy 90 took full advantage and it was after the Euros in 92 when they decided to change it after Denmark and Peter Schmeichel used it so much.

Incorrect. Liverpool of the 80s murdered the backpass. And what do teams do everywhere? Copy successful teams.

It was rife at the 1990 World Cup and the rule was abolished after the euros in 1992 but that doesn't mean that it only came to the fore at these tournaments. "

Nonsense.. that liverpool team of 87/88 is still regarded as probably the best Liverpool team to win the league. Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Hansen, Haughton,Jan Molby, Whelan. For 3 years they played some unreal football until Hillsborough and it all changed. Liverpool were a few years removed from being a successful team by the time they changed the back pass rule. I cant speak of earlier in the 80s because I was too young to remember. I vaguely remember Hysel and seeing footage of it on the news. Mexico 86 is my earliest proper memory of Football. But u are the same age as me and can clearly remember the liverpool teams of the 80s murdering the back pass rule. And if it wasnt the late 80s team it must have been the early to mid 80s..to remember that at 4 or 5 must make u some kind of child prodigy

"

Nonsense.. that liverpool team of 87/88 is still regarded as probably the best Liverpool team to win the league. Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Hansen, Haughton,Jan Molby, Whelan. For 3 years they played some unreal football until Hillsborough and it all changed. Liverpool were a few years removed from being a successful team by the time they changed the back pass rule. I cant speak of earlier in the 80s because I was too young to remember. I vaguely remember Hysel and seeing footage of it on the news. Mexico 86 is my earliest proper memory of Football. But u are the same age as me and can clearly remember the liverpool teams of the 80s murdering the back pass rule. And if it wasnt the late 80s team it must have been the early to mid 80s..to remember that at 4 or 5 must make u some kind of child prodigy "

Still regarded by who???

That's a ridiculous thing to say when the team of the late 70s early 80s won their domestic league competing against other European Cup winners like forest and Villa and Cup winners Cup winners like Everton of that era. None of the players you have mentioned even come into the reckoning in the debate amongst Liverpool fans as their greatest ever players. Most of those all played on the team of the late 70s to mid 80s. Your judgement is clearly based on nostalgia as you were just getting into footbal then?? Coincidence?

You fabricated that statement entirely and the reality is that was the tail end of the Liverpool period of dominance when they still had some of the old guard when the standard of English domestic football plummeted as a direct consequence of Liverpool and their fans getting them thrown out of eruopean competition.

We could go on all day, but you already know I'm right.

And for the record as a non Liverpool fan I think the best player ever to play for and the most influential player ever to play for them was luis suarez. Almost carried the team on his back to the title and in the process made brendan Rodgers, Daniel sturridge etc all look like geniuses as well.

skerries

Not a liverpool supporter.keegan rush Phil neal Whelan souness barnes etc were as good or better than today's players

The rubbish that is talked here is just so stupid. Liverpool won the premier league. Just accept that its simple. Stop saying how they wont win it next year to deflect from the won it this year. It sounds so stupid for the reply to be they won't win it next year. Yes Liverpoil have the same amount of Premier League titles as Blackburn and Leicester, so what. When that's all that people say because they are bitter Liverpool won its actually funny. I couldnt be arsed explaining about premier league/Division one. Liverpool fans enjoy winning the league and everyone else just shut up talking absolute rubbish.

"

Nonsense.. that liverpool team of 87/88 is still regarded as probably the best Liverpool team to win the league. Barnes, Aldridge, Beardsley, Hansen, Haughton,Jan Molby, Whelan. For 3 years they played some unreal football until Hillsborough and it all changed. Liverpool were a few years removed from being a successful team by the time they changed the back pass rule. I cant speak of earlier in the 80s because I was too young to remember. I vaguely remember Hysel and seeing footage of it on the news. Mexico 86 is my earliest proper memory of Football. But u are the same age as me and can clearly remember the liverpool teams of the 80s murdering the back pass rule. And if it wasnt the late 80s team it must have been the early to mid 80s..to remember that at 4 or 5 must make u some kind of child prodigy

Still regarded by who???

That's a ridiculous thing to say when the team of the late 70s early 80s won their domestic league competing against other European Cup winners like forest and Villa and Cup winners Cup winners like Everton of that era. None of the players you have mentioned even come into the reckoning in the debate amongst Liverpool fans as their greatest ever players. Most of those all played on the team of the late 70s to mid 80s. Your judgement is clearly based on nostalgia as you were just getting into footbal then?? Coincidence?

You fabricated that statement entirely and the reality is that was the tail end of the Liverpool period of dominance when they still had some of the old guard when the standard of English domestic football plummeted as a direct consequence of Liverpool and their fans getting them thrown out of eruopean competition.

And for the record as a non Liverpool fan I think the best player ever to play for and the most influential player ever to play for them was luis suarez. Almost carried the team on his back to the title and in the process made brendan Rodgers, Daniel sturridge etc all look like geniuses as well. "

Still regarded by the actual club itself. U just lost all credibility when u say that Dalglish , Barnes, Beardsley and Hansen ( to name a few) are not regarded as some of the greatest players to ever play for the club. To say they dont come into the debate as some of the greatest ever players is laughable You can speak about the team of the late 70s or early 80s all u want but did u see them play?? How can u possibly know? Same as your argument about Liverpool murdering the back pass back then. Unless u were the most tactically astute 2 year old in the world u are as clueless as me;-p. I didnt see Souness or Keegan play. Neither did u. My memories of the team of the late 80s might be nostalgic based but at least I seen them play to be able to back up my comments. I can only judge on what iv seen.

And for the record the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool was Kenny Dalglish. And yes he was player manager of that 87/88 team. The one u reckon have no all time greats...still laughing at that one

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

This made my day

skerries

Liverpool fans really are enjoying their success .they nearly burned the city down ....god knows what will happen if they win again next year .lol

Chief constable of liverpool remarked after all the celebrations ..I hope we don't have to put up with this every 30 years

"Liverpool fans really are enjoying their success .they nearly burned the city down ....god knows what will happen if they win again next year .lol

Chief constable of liverpool remarked after all the celebrations ..I hope we don't have to put up with this every 30 years"

Let it go man

Its one step forward three back

skerries

Lol. Well kaizer I knew that would get you on here again ... only trying to get you going . You know how I feel about it. Lol

"

Still regarded by who???

And for the record as a non Liverpool fan I think the best player ever to play for and the most influential player ever to play for them was luis suarez. Almost carried the team on his back to the title and in the process made brendan Rodgers, Daniel sturridge etc all look like geniuses as well.

Still regarded by the actual club itself. U just lost all credibility when u say that Dalglish , Barnes, Beardsley and Hansen ( to name a few) are not regarded as some of the greatest players to ever play for the club. To say they dont come into the debate as some of the greatest ever players is laughable You can speak about the team of the late 70s or early 80s all u want but did u see them play?? How can u possibly know? Same as your argument about Liverpool murdering the back pass back then. Unless u were the most tactically astute 2 year old in the world u are as clueless as me;-p. I didnt see Souness or Keegan play. Neither did u. My memories of the team of the late 80s might be nostalgic based but at least I seen them play to be able to back up my comments. I can only judge on what iv seen.

And for the record the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool was Kenny Dalglish. And yes he was player manager of that 87/88 team. The one u reckon have no all time greats...still laughing at that one "

What are you laughing at??? You didn't mention Dalglish in your list of players?? None of the players you mentioned are in the debate as the greatest Liverpool player. Hansen might possibly to make their greatest 11 but you didn't mention Dalglish. Still laughing?

If your knowledge and opinions regarding football extend only as far as whatever you've watched as a child during your life time maybe you should do yourself a favour and watch some from different eras. It'll enrich your knowledge and you can appreciate some excellent players and judge them now looking back on them as an adult rather than clinging to an opinion you formed as a 7 or 8 year old when you were so easily impressed.

The Kenny dalglish debate is a debate as football is a matter of opinions. You're clearly regurgitating the outcome of a recent poll amongst fans. But when you remove the fact he managed them and the esteem he is held in by Liverpool fans for how he conducted himself in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster and look at him as a player? In my opinion he doesn come close to suarez who is the best player I've ever seen live. I have also seen messi and Ronaldo live. Dalglish didn't have the touch, the pace over the first 5 yards, the sheer workrate nor the ability to get the absolute maximum out of average team mates. Dalglish was a very good player on a great team and hence was made to look like a great player. His record for Scotland (who had some very good players at that time) was very average. Compare that to Suarez! Just because he didn't hang around in england for long and was hounded out by the media doesn't mean he isn't in the debate as the most gifted and best Liverpool player of all time.

I didn't say he was the greatest, I said he was the best and most influential as he single handedly influenced that Liverpool team to a greater extent than anyone else I have witnessed since Maradonnas arrival at Napoli in the late 80s.

And since you brought Dalglishs management into the debate, he was a terrible manager. He inherited a great team coming to the end and oversaw its slow demise as it crumbled and aged without any rebuilding. Hence you've gone 30 years without a title and he's as much to blame as anyone for that because he didn't rebuild when they were top dogs. He bought the league at Blackburn and the success was short lived and he was poor at celtic and Newcastle.

I suggest watching some old football back educating yourself. interpreting it as an adult and forming your own opinion rather than regurgitating the clichés and easily rolled out nonsense that many pundits spout.

Anyway hope you're still laughing!

city

I never read so much bollox and bitterness in one tread

You do know why Dalglish left right?

And you do know that 80s Liverpool side won 3 European cups

The best teams wins each league thags a fact and Liverpool have been that team 19times and thats a fact. Bitterness is a horrible trate

And yes I'm laughing..

As we're the only team in England to be champions of England Europe and the world at the same time... We won the fucking lot

"I never read so much bollox and bitterness in one tread

The best teams wins each league thags a fact and Liverpool have been that team 19times and thats a fact. Bitterness is a horrible trate

And yes I'm laughing..

As we're the only team in England to be champions of England Europe and the world at the same time... We won the fucking lot "

There's no bitterness on my part??

I don't support anyone in the English Premier League. But I follow all football. And if you have read all of all my posts you will see I acknowledged what Liverpool team on the late 70s and early to mid 80s achieved.

I'm well aware of why Dalgleish said he left and the timing mid season and state of the Liverpool squad he left behind when he decided to walk. Those are facts, interpret them however you want.

Waterford

To think the likes of Leicester and Liverpool have won the Premier League since the last time United won it.

7 years and counting

"

Still regarded by who???

And for the record the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool was Kenny Dalglish. And yes he was player manager of that 87/88 team. The one u reckon have no all time greats...still laughing at that one

What are you laughing at??? You didn't mention Dalglish in your list of players?? None of the players you mentioned are in the debate as the greatest Liverpool player. Hansen might possibly to make their greatest 11 but you didn't mention Dalglish. Still laughing?

If your knowledge and opinions regarding football extend only as far as whatever you've watched as a child during your life time maybe you should do yourself a favour and watch some from different eras. It'll enrich your knowledge and you can appreciate some excellent players and judge them now looking back on them as an adult rather than clinging to an opinion you formed as a 7 or 8 year old when you were so easily impressed.

The Kenny dalglish debate is a debate as football is a matter of opinions. You're clearly regurgitating the outcome of a recent poll amongst fans. But when you remove the fact he managed them and the esteem he is held in by Liverpool fans for how he conducted himself in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster and look at him as a player? In my opinion he doesn come close to suarez who is the best player I've ever seen live. I have also seen messi and Ronaldo live. Dalglish didn't have the touch, the pace over the first 5 yards, the sheer workrate nor the ability to get the absolute maximum out of average team mates. Dalglish was a very good player on a great team and hence was made to look like a great player. His record for Scotland (who had some very good players at that time) was very average. Compare that to Suarez! Just because he didn't hang around in england for long and was hounded out by the media doesn't mean he isn't in the debate as the most gifted and best Liverpool player of all time.

I didn't say he was the greatest, I said he was the best and most influential as he single handedly influenced that Liverpool team to a greater extent than anyone else I have witnessed since Maradonnas arrival at Napoli in the late 80s.

And since you brought Dalglishs management into the debate, he was a terrible manager. He inherited a great team coming to the end and oversaw its slow demise as it crumbled and aged without any rebuilding. Hence you've gone 30 years without a title and he's as much to blame as anyone for that because he didn't rebuild when they were top dogs. He bought the league at Blackburn and the success was short lived and he was poor at celtic and Newcastle.

I suggest watching some old football back educating yourself. interpreting it as an adult and forming your own opinion rather than regurgitating the clichés and easily rolled out nonsense that many pundits spout.

Anyway hope you're still laughing! "

I'm actually laughing even more for a guy that isnt a liverpool fan u seem to know an awful lot about who the fans rate as some of the greatest ever players in the clubs history..u can watch all the old footage u want but u didnt live through it. Same as me.So really your opinion on teams and players before your time doesnt really matter.. How many full 90 min English league matches have u watched from the late 60's to be able to form an opinion on their style of play?? When hardly any match even has footage?? And when did I go on about Dalglishs managerial or international record?? Does that automatically make u a bad player?? Do u rate messi worse because Argentina are rubbish?? And because u dont put in sheer work rate or are not lightening quick over 5 yards it means u cant get the best out of your team ?? U really are making me laugh more

Now Suarez.. granted. He was incredible. But to say he single handedly influenced that team?? So Gerrard didnt play that season I guess?? Or Sturridge who got 21 goals that season and carried the team for the first few weeks especially when Suarez was still serving his suspension for the evra thing. Couthino Sterling , and who's suspension was huge for the last few games, Henderson were all immense that season. As good as suarez was...to say he single handedly influenced that liverpool team is a ridiculous statement.

And yea I'm still laughing

louth

strange how as soon as suarez left they turned shite again

"strange how as soon as suarez left they turned shite again "

Bound to happen when u try replace him with Balotelli and Rickie Lambert

skerries

You guys seem to know everything about liverpool .like where the shit last .

Question.. how much money have they spent on players in the last 30 years .to win their first premier league

"You guys seem to know everything about liverpool .like where the shit last .

Question.. how much money have they spent on players in the last 30 years .to win their first premier league "

In terms of income versus expenditure, actually not that much

"strange how as soon as suarez left they turned shite again "

Strange how you sell your best asset and don't get better immediately

"

Still regarded by who???

I'm actually laughing even more for a guy that isnt a liverpool fan u seem to know an awful lot about who the fans rate as some of the greatest ever players in the clubs history..u can watch all the old footage u want but u didnt live through it. Same as me.So really your opinion on teams and players before your time doesnt really matter.. How many full 90 min English league matches have u watched from the late 60's to be able to form an opinion on their style of play?? When hardly any match even has footage?? And when did I go on about Dalglishs managerial or international record?? Does that automatically make u a bad player?? Do u rate messi worse because Argentina are rubbish?? And because u dont put in sheer work rate or are not lightening quick over 5 yards it means u cant get the best out of your team ?? U really are making me laugh more

Now Suarez.. granted. He was incredible. But to say he single handedly influenced that team?? So Gerrard didnt play that season I guess?? Or Sturridge who got 21 goals that season and carried the team for the first few weeks especially when Suarez was still serving his suspension for the evra thing. Couthino Sterling , and who's suspension was huge for the last few games, Henderson were all immense that season. As good as suarez was...to say he single handedly influenced that liverpool team is a ridiculous statement.

And yea I'm still laughing "

Without wishing to sound too derogatory towards you, you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

How many games were live each season until sky came on board in 1992? You have absolutely nullified any claim that you lived through and watched regular 90 min Liverpool games and are an authority on all things Liverpool from your first memory of football in 1986 until Sky showed the first Premier league game in August 1992.

I didn't say Dalglish was a bad player, you said he was the greatest Liverpool player and yet you acknowledge all the flaws I raised in his game? If you agree on that and still think he's the greatest then you don't set the bar very high.

I'm not a fan but it seems I know more about your club than you do as I was alluding to a huge talksport poll of Liverpool fans asking them to name their greatest player the results of which were made public this week. Gerrard just shaded it from Dalglish, both of them taking about 86% of the vote.

You brought Dalglish the player manager to the table also. And I pointed out he wasn't a very good manager and oversaw the decline of a great Liverpool side. I also pointed out that when dalglish himself as a player was stripped of his stellar support cast at club level and had to do more for himself in the Scotland team he was shown up.

Finally we are all aware Gerrard was on the team with Suarez (how could we forget the slip) but the reality is he was done. He couldn't get around the pitch, his legs had gone and he merely took penalties. The team carried him. If Rodgers had been big enough to drop him that season you'd have won the league.

Regarding the myth of Sturridge. We were all lead to believe how good he was (reality is suarez made him) and England would have an amazing world cup on the back of it. Sturridge started for England in Brazil at the world cup and did nothing. And in the England Uraguay game who produced the goods again??

Liverpool crumbled when suarez left.

And as you brought Messi into it also, I do believe the point you were trying to mock me on. He is a brilliant player in one of the greatest club teams ever to play the game, he has had a stellar support cast at club level his whole career. At international level he hasn't delivered, no matter what way you look at it. The year argentina reached the world cup final his goals dried up after the group stages. Compare and contrast to Diego Maradonna Mexico 86, carried the team and his goal scoring record in the knock out stages when it mattered was fantastic. If youre still laughing ask the Argentinians themselves, do some travelling around Argentina and ask the natives who they rate better and who's still their hero. Its Diego.

But you keep laughing

"

Still regarded by who???

Without wishing to sound too derogatory towards you, you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

How many games were live each season until sky came on board in 1992? You have absolutely nullified any claim that you lived through and watched regular 90 min Liverpool games and are an authority on all things Liverpool from your first memory of football in 1986 until Sky showed the first Premier league game in August 1992.

I didn't say Dalglish was a bad player, you said he was the greatest Liverpool player and yet you acknowledge all the flaws I raised in his game? If you agree on that and still think he's the greatest then you don't set the bar very high.

I'm not a fan but it seems I know more about your club than you do as I was alluding to a huge talksport poll of Liverpool fans asking them to name their greatest player the results of which were made public this week. Gerrard just shaded it from Dalglish, both of them taking about 86% of the vote.

You brought Dalglish the player manager to the table also. And I pointed out he wasn't a very good manager and oversaw the decline of a great Liverpool side. I also pointed out that when dalglish himself as a player was stripped of his stellar support cast at club level and had to do more for himself in the Scotland team he was shown up.

Finally we are all aware Gerrard was on the team with Suarez (how could we forget the slip) but the reality is he was done. He couldn't get around the pitch, his legs had gone and he merely took penalties. The team carried him. If Rodgers had been big enough to drop him that season you'd have won the league.

Regarding the myth of Sturridge. We were all lead to believe how good he was (reality is suarez made him) and England would have an amazing world cup on the back of it. Sturridge started for England in Brazil at the world cup and did nothing. And in the England Uraguay game who produced the goods again??

And as you brought Messi into it also, I do believe the point you were trying to mock me on. He is a brilliant player in one of the greatest club teams ever to play the game, he has had a stellar support cast at club level his whole career. At international level he hasn't delivered, no matter what way you look at it. The year argentina reached the world cup final his goals dried up after the group stages. Compare and contrast to Diego Maradonna Mexico 86, carried the team and his goal scoring record in the knock out stages when it mattered was fantastic. If youre still laughing ask the Argentinians themselves, do some travelling around Argentina and ask the natives who they rate better and who's still their hero. Its Diego.

But you keep laughing "

So u could only watch live football from 1992?????? So BBC ITV and even rte never showed live 3pm games every Saturday? How exactly am I shooting myself in the foot? Sky didnt invent showing live games u know

"To show your appreciation but on a LFC piece of clothing or anything red even !;)

Appreciation of ??... Liverpool ??...well fair to them ....they have won the Premiership....the best horse jumped the ditch ...and they now have the same amount of premiership titles as Blackburn Rovers and Leicester city...

Another bitter one "

Where's the " bitter " ..is not everything l said true ??... If l said anything untrue please point it out ...

"

Still regarded by who???

But you keep laughing "

And before I go to bed..yes u highlighted that he wasnt fast over 5 yards or have a break your neck to get back work ethic but that's not his game. U dont need to have them qualities to be a world class player. He is probably the greatest back to goal player ever, with insane peripheral vision and technical abilities, a crazy goal and assist return and an ability to turn it on in the big games.A standard setting will to win that transmitted to the rest of the side.. u talk about not having a great work ethic. His actual biggest quality was his leadership. On and off the pitch.

U say Gerrard was done?? Granted he couldn't get around the pitch like he used to and wasnt the box to box player that he once was but that is what age does to you sadly. But that wasnt his job that season. That was Henderson's. Gerrard played as the 6 that year and played it exceptionally well. They would not have been even close to winning the league that year without Gerrard.

And on that note I'm done. Night bud

city

And yes I'm laughing..

As we're the only team in England to be champions of England Europe and the world at the same time... We won the fucking lot

I don't support anyone in the English Premier League. But I follow all football. And if you have read all of all my posts you will see I acknowledged what Liverpool team on the late 70s and early to mid 80s achieved.

I'm well aware of why Dalgleish said he left and the timing mid season and state of the Liverpool squad he left behind when he decided to walk. Those are facts, interpret them however you want. "

So why did he leave?

You have no fucking idea imo

And yes I'm laughing..

I'm well aware of why Dalgleish said he left and the timing mid season and state of the Liverpool squad he left behind when he decided to walk. Those are facts, interpret them however you want.

So why did he leave?

You have no fucking idea imo"

I know exactly what he has subsequently gone on record as saying why he walked. And yet he was back in football management within a matter of months at Blackburn. A contradiction if ever there was one.

Waterford

To say that football of the 70's and 80's is not valid anymore because today the standard is so much better is like saying music from the 60's and 70's is no longer valid because we have better tools for music production today

louth

how many rubber medals did liverpool win in the 80s

We are the champions, my friends

And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end

We are the champions

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions of the Premier League world

It's good to be a Red

By *achelsWoman  over a year ago

ni

city

And yes I'm laughing..

So why did he leave?

You have no fucking idea imo

I know exactly what he has subsequently gone on record as saying why he walked. And yet he was back in football management within a matter of months at Blackburn. A contradiction if ever there was one. "

Are you Johnny Ward.. Because you talk the same bollox has he does... Definitely a Manc fan... He needed to get away from Liverpool to try move on from the Hillsborough disaster and move on from the 90 odd funerals he went to.

End of conversation. Up the piss boling reds

Champions of the lot

Jesus people really do lose all sense when it comes to sport.

Great team... some great and really likable personalities.

Best team around in the last months. Hats off.

"Jesus people really do lose all sense when it comes to sport.

Best team around in the last months. Hats off."

Cheers Boobie

City for the CL

skerries

Yes boobie but let's move on . They were the best team this season .but its only football you would think nobody else ever won anything .. give it a rest . Maybe you guys can shout if they repeat it next season .

17 home wins from 17

"Yes boobie but let's move on . They were the best team this season .but its only football you would think nobody else ever won anything .. give it a rest . Maybe you guys can shout if they repeat it next season ."

Back to back titles would be great. Let's hope it happens. Have to get to anfield next season. If crowds are permitted

Cheers Boobie

City for the CL "

Really excited about the tournament style for that

Cheers Boobie

City for the CL

Really excited about the tournament style for that"

It'll be class

Bayern will have had a lay off!

Barca are scutter!

Real are Okay-ish!

The rest aren't amazing!

City to win it and to contest their ban as European Champions iko

By *ivesbigtitsCouple  over a year ago

Wicklow

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 21:27:53]

2230 hours on Sky Sports Premier League

Kaizer is aroused

Waterford

"2230 hours on Sky Sports Premier League

Kaizer is aroused "

3 years unbeaten at Anfield.

But they've been lucky though

Kaizer is aroused

But they've been lucky though "

Jurgen Klopp is an amazing man

somewhere

When this bullshit virus is gone we will have a party

Jurgen Klopp

"When this bullshit virus is gone we will have a party

Jurgen Klopp

2020 "

Hero

Waterford

Congratulations to Leeds too.

Two clubs who've been waiting too long.

Waterford

Kinda fitting how that on the day Liverpool receive the League trophy they win their 96th point

By * am in Your DreamsMan  over a year ago

South

96 points for 96 Reds YNWA

"96 points for 96 Reds YNWA "
But only one premier league same as Blackburn,Leicester,and one more than Accrington Stanley come back when you have the baker's dozen.

Kaizer is aroused

But they've been lucky though "

All teams ride their luck at times but 3 years shows it's more than just luck. Napoleon famously say he would rather have lucky generals than good generals, lucky generals win battles (and lift trophies), All hail the new Kaiser

Last night was cringe of the absolute highest order.

somewhere

"Last night was cringe of the absolute highest order. "

Why what were you doing

"Last night was cringe of the absolute highest order.

Why what were you doing "

Presumedly something to do with Teatree oil!

By *exy Saucy SocialsCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

YNWA

Why what were you doing

Presumedly something to do with Teatree oil! "

Not at all my Kraut-mick friend.

We had Kenny in the Kop with a mask on even though he's already had covid19 hugging and giving out medals to a pile of guys who weren't wearing masks.

They brought up klopp and his whole backroom team and only gave klopp a medal, surely if the rest of the backroom team are to be acknowledged Liverpool could have made it their own business to have medals made for them. Its not like they didn't have notice.

They then lifted the trophy attempted to celebrate as if they were doing so in front of their fans when in reality it was in front of the media who had rights to the game only and their families. Oh and there was a lights display for this.

It was tacky and cringy as hell. But then who can forget their white suits at Wembley, so they have form.

somewhere

sure why did you bother watching it if you hated it that much.

It was for liverpool supporters...haven't seen any yet that didnt enjoy it for what it was

You need to relax and watch your own team if Liverpool upset you that much

Why what were you doing

Presumedly something to do with Teatree oil!

Not at all my Kraut-mick friend.

We had Kenny in the Kop with a mask on even though he's already had covid19 hugging and giving out medals to a pile of guys who weren't wearing masks.

They brought up klopp and his whole backroom team and only gave klopp a medal, surely if the rest of the backroom team are to be acknowledged Liverpool could have made it their own business to have medals made for them. Its not like they didn't have notice.

They then lifted the trophy attempted to celebrate as if they were doing so in front of their fans when in reality it was in front of the media who had rights to the game only and their families. Oh and there was a lights display for this.

It was tacky and cringy as hell. But then who can forget their white suits at Wembley, so they have form. "

Yes the King triumphed over Covid-19, why wouldn't he wear a mask?

The medal distribution was the Premier Leagues baby!

The great man Jurgen said everyone would get a medal even if he had to pay for it himself!

Not one thing cringey last night except for the haters and back biters who can't handle it.

And what David James' 1996 brainwave has to do with 2020 Kaizer will never know!?

Relax, hum YNWA, and enjoy the awesomeness of the Reds

"sure why did you bother watching it if you hated it that much.

It was for liverpool supporters...haven't seen any yet that didnt enjoy it for what it was

You need to relax and watch your own team if Liverpool upset you that much "

It was absolutely magical

Kaizer cannot lie.....there were tears

By *orthDublinDRMan  over a year ago

Clongriffin

So happy. I may have partied too much last night. I fell asleep on the luas to work. Almost missed my stop. Left my phone on it. But got it back. Paying today for it but I do not care. YNWA

Waterford

Kaizer is aroused

But they've been lucky though

All teams ride their luck at times but 3 years shows it's more than just luck. Napoleon famously say he would rather have lucky generals than good generals, lucky generals win battles (and lift trophies), All hail the new Kaiser "

My comment about them being lucky was a sarcastic remark aimed at the begrudgers who will pick bones ans split hairs looking for any reason to disregard the achievements of the team. They really are awesome

Waterford

"96 points for 96 Reds YNWA But only one premier league same as Blackburn,Leicester,and one more than Accrington Stanley come back when you have the baker's dozen.

"

Only as good as your last season.

What is it now, seven years?

Liverpool living rent free in all the bitters heads love it

"Liverpool living rent free in all the bitters heads love it"

Adrian is also living rent free in Carragher's

Waterford

"Liverpool living rent free in all the bitters heads love it

Adrian is also living rent free in Carragher's "

See the head on Mane when Carragher told him that he loves him?

"Liverpool living rent free in all the bitters heads love it

Adrian is also living rent free in Carragher's

See the head on Mane when Carragher told him that he loves him? "

Carragher nearly jumped on him

It's like the guy that thought he was popular at school on this thread and his little sniffling pals that agree.

Even they realise later in life that he was a complete w@%#&r!

Playground stuff indeed. Not everyone follows a team in the English Premier league, but it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion on football or that those "celebrations" were cringy. Nor does it mean as their opinion differs from said w@%#&r and Co that he/she cares enough to be bitter.

I will spell it out though. If Kenny needed to wear a mask while all those around him didn't, and he has already had covid months ago...... What is the point of developing a vaccine??? Defeats the purpose.

"It's like the guy that thought he was popular at school on this thread and his little sniffling pals that agree.

Even they realise later in life that he was a complete w@%#&r!

Playground stuff indeed. Not everyone follows a team in the English Premier league, but it doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion on football or that those "celebrations" were cringy. Nor does it mean as their opinion differs from said w@%#&r and Co that he/she cares enough to be bitter.

I will spell it out though. If Kenny needed to wear a mask while all those around him didn't, and he has already had covid months ago...... What is the point of developing a vaccine??? Defeats the purpose.

"

If you find something cringy don't watch it!

In 30+ years of watching football, Kaizer has never once watched a Manchester United celebration (for example)!

LAST NIGHT WAS FUCKING CLASS

Congratulations to all fellow Reds across the globe!

They waited 30 years for it and they deserve it.

"They waited 30 years for it and they deserve it. "

11,000+ days in fact

[Removed by poster at 23/07/20 19:24:45]

Glad to see this got tidied up

somewhere

"Glad to see this got tidied up "

I did request it alright...good to see