FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The New Norm on Fab

The New Norm on Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sLittleRedRidingHood OP   Woman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

The new norm on fab,alot of people who aren't really interested in meeting up,just lurking and wasting other people's time.

Profiles that are verified yet are completely fake.

Profiles with images off the Internet.

And members who think its okay to be nasty through statuses.

Whats going on ??

Is it just that kind of a Monday ??

Month ??

Year ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

You'll probably find that many of the fake profiles are created by a handful of people who take pleasure in winding people up whether it's through forum comments or private messages.

They like to start fires and run away laughing.

The nastiness is often put down to them being keyboard warriors and thinking their anonymity allows them to say what they want but it's more often that they are pricks in their own reality anyway.

The new norm was initially covid related and people with nothing better to do but now they've settled into the role and it has become a hobby.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"The new norm on fab,alot of people who aren't really interested in meeting up,just lurking and wasting other people's time.

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

"

That's just the regular normal on fab since I joined. In fact it's been the normal since I started swinging many moons ago.

Magical Forrest

"The new norm on fab,alot of people who aren't really interested in meeting up,just lurking and wasting other people's time.

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

That's just the regular normal on fab since I joined. In fact it's been the normal since I started swinging many moons ago."

nooooo I want to believe there are still some good ones out there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds like business as usual to me, OP

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

That's just the regular normal on fab since I joined. In fact it's been the normal since I started swinging many moons ago.

nooooo I want to believe there are still some good ones out there "

There are but there always been a percentage of idiots you just have to except that this has and always will be the case

By *ubcouple99Couple  over a year ago

dublin

After a while you learn to spot the fakes a mile away

Magical Forrest

There seems to be an awful lot lately though ...

I still believe there are good people out there. (And if I'm naïve I'll be so willingly). And maybe a cause for celebration could be that the ratio of lovely people to not so nice people might be better on fab than in everyday life

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

I find the nasty behaviour goes through phases here. It usually builds up to a point where someone says or does something so nasty that it forces the rest of us to be extra nice for a while to try turn things around for a while. Then the slow build up starts again.

"I find the nasty behaviour goes through phases here. It usually builds up to a point where someone says or does something so nasty that it forces the rest of us to be extra nice for a while to try turn things around for a while. Then the slow build up starts again."

That sounds like world history too!

There are a load of idiots that make it really hard then for genuine people to actually get to chat never mind anything else.

It would be great if we could clear the list out.

By *artender_onthelooseMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

"

Ruining it for the genuine people here that are actually trying to make a connection and meet people

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

"I find the nasty behaviour goes through phases here. It usually builds up to a point where someone says or does something so nasty that it forces the rest of us to be extra nice for a while to try turn things around for a while. Then the slow build up starts again.

That sounds like world history too!"

You may have a point there. Lol

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

There have alway been fakes but it has definitely gotten worse recently on here. Most are pretty easy to spot especially the repeat offenders. They are usually the ones who like the drama and start posts on here to stir. Like others say they sit back and watch in glee at the agro they cause.

There are so many now tho and veris can't be trusted either so many have them.

But reverse image is handy for sussing them out. People need to just start to realise that if a nee profile looks too good to be true it usually is.

Lockdown gave people more time to be themselves, unfortunately some people are c**ts

I'm on/off over 2 years here and nothing has changed, the fake profiles, the fake veris, pics taken from the net.

Than you have the nastiness on the forums, the white knights who get shot down, the forum police who think they rule the place, the snide comments on threads that people start.

Thankfully few good people on here, beginning big year everyone was pushing #bekind that sentiment didn't last long. If you haven't nothing nice to say don't say it.

By *artender_onthelooseMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I'm on/off over 2 years here and nothing has changed, the fake profiles, the fake veris, pics taken from the net.

Than you have the nastiness on the forums, the white knights who get shot down, the forum police who think they rule the place, the snide comments on threads that people start.

Thankfully few good people on here, beginning big year everyone was pushing #bekind that sentiment didn't last long. If you haven't nothing nice to say don't say it."

Couldn't agree more with this statement 100% spot on

By *ildjonny2020Man  over a year ago

limerick / cork

The norm on the forums is very clicky . U share ur view and ur shot down by the same people

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

It has always been thus.. We just didn't notice how prevalent it was because we were all busy having fun

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

"

im sooo glad you said this I’d say there’s a lot here just been nosey and waisting ppl time

Magical Forrest

"I'm on/off over 2 years here and nothing has changed, the fake profiles, the fake veris, pics taken from the net.

Thankfully few good people on here, beginning big year everyone was pushing #bekind that sentiment didn't last long. If you haven't nothing nice to say don't say it."

absofuckinglutely

Why can't we all just get along?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Fake profiles I dont have a problem with to be honest.I enjoy spotting them ....its a bit of a game.

I've learned my lesson after someone tried to relieve me of a couple of hunded euro a few months ago

Some stupid threads deserve to be ripped apart but I usually see that being done gently to be honest

However I absolutely hate if someone blames their own failures on another person or women in general

The ones that start

" all women on here are......just annoy me and make the men who post them look pathetic

Apart from that you're all grand

Apart from the anonymous women who sent me a message to say she hates me cause I'm a lick arse

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

I’m relatively shallow so guess that could be called fake

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

"

Haters are gonna hate

Assholes will be assholes

Bitch's will be bitch's

Nasty will be nasty

Etc etc etc.

...bottom line here is leopards never change spots...this jungle here is filled with all kind of everything.. genuine and not so Genuine..the trouble is ..you only find that out at the very last second...either way ..

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

Personally, I think unverified profiles should be blocked from using the forums.

It might seem a little unfair to unverified people but it would give more of an incentive to try a little harder so that they can be included once verified.

At the moment, there are a lot of people who aren’t who they say they are and are quite happy to sit back and troll the forums, winding people up etc and aren’t serious (fantasists) about the lifestyle

Magical Forrest

"I’m relatively shallow so guess that could be called fake "

Thought you were just cocky

South Co. Dublin

"I’m relatively shallow so guess that could be called fake

Thought you were just cocky "

Only when the horn gets to me which is only 21/7

Magical Forrest

Thought you were just cocky Only when the horn gets to me which is only 21/7"

The 3 hours not when you on the toilet ??

"Personally, I think unverified profiles should be blocked from using the forums.

It might seem a little unfair to unverified people but it would give more of an incentive to try a little harder so that they can be included once verified.

At the moment, there are a lot of people who aren’t who they say they are and are quite happy to sit back and troll the forums, winding people up etc and aren’t serious (fantasists) about the lifestyle"

But what about the verified profiles that get nasty on the forums ?

South Co. Dublin

Thought you were just cocky Only when the horn gets to me which is only 21/7

The 3 hours not when you on the toilet ?? "

I’m full of shit so only need about 15mins

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Fake profiles I dont have a problem with to be honest.I enjoy spotting them ....its a bit of a game.

I've learned my lesson after someone tried to relieve me of a couple of hunded euro a few months ago

Some stupid threads deserve to be ripped apart but I usually see that being done gently to be honest

However I absolutely hate if someone blames their own failures on another person or women in general

The ones that start

" all women on here are......just annoy me and make the men who post them look pathetic

Apart from the anonymous women who sent me a message to say she hates me cause I'm a lick arse "

Sorry bout that BM it was frustration over your puzzle got to me.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"Fake profiles I dont have a problem with to be honest.I enjoy spotting them ....its a bit of a game.

The ones that start

Apart from the anonymous women who sent me a message to say she hates me cause I'm a lick arse

Sorry bout that BM it was frustration over your puzzle got to me. "

u want me to kick his butt bo

Somewhere in Co. Down

The ones that start

u want me to kick his butt bo"

If I can watch.

He keeps doing maths puzzles I'm crap at them even google failed me on this one

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

The ones that start

If I can watch.

He keeps doing maths puzzles I'm crap at them even google failed me on this one "

uhhhh maths. thank god i didnt ask for it

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"Personally, I think unverified profiles should be blocked from using the forums.

At the moment, there are a lot of people who aren’t who they say they are and are quite happy to sit back and troll the forums, winding people up etc and aren’t serious (fantasists) about the lifestyle

But what about the verified profiles that get nasty on the forums ? "

Verified profiles already can receive ‘timeouts’ or complete forum bans if reported for nastiness or abuse. Regardless of status (verified/unverified) abuse isn’t acceptable in any form

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The ones that start

If I can watch.

He keeps doing maths puzzles I'm crap at them even google failed me on this one "

Ok I'll try a different one tomorrow where you dont need maths

Looking forward to you getting the answer

Somewhere in Co. Down

The ones that start

If I can watch.

He keeps doing maths puzzles I'm crap at them even google failed me on this one

Ok I'll try a different one tomorrow where you dont need maths

Looking forward to you getting the answer "

ahhh see I knew you were a gent really

I find this annoying cause I myself us actually trying to get verified fully and not having no luck so far but I've been caught by 2 fake pages so far and I also sent fave pictures so god only knows what's being done with them now!

Verified profiles already can receive ‘timeouts’ or complete forum bans if reported for nastiness or abuse. Regardless of status (verified/unverified) abuse isn’t acceptable in any form"

Totally agree

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I find this annoying cause I myself us actually trying to get verified fully and not having no luck so far but I've been caught by 2 fake pages so far and I also sent fave pictures so god only knows what's being done with them now! "

It's a tricky time at the moment because not a lot has been happening but hopefully socials will be starting in some form or another and they are always a great way to meet people and get you started

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

Verified profiles already can receive ‘timeouts’ or complete forum bans if reported for nastiness or abuse. Regardless of status (verified/unverified) abuse isn’t acceptable in any form"

That's it if you ban unverified people from forums how can they build up any rapport. Plenty of people can get verified by cam or false means and be absolute gits on the forums, get banned profile deleted and they are back pretending to be female or male blank profile and verified again and the same nonsense. Its happened regularly with a handful of people cropping up over and over again with fake profiles but its the same people and verified. There are a lot on here don't engage at all on forums but have dozens of cam verified hidden on the profile. Verified or not the ones acting the asshole will get the boot if reported.

"I find this annoying cause I myself us actually trying to get verified fully and not having no luck so far but I've been caught by 2 fake pages so far and I also sent fave pictures so god only knows what's being done with them now!

It's a tricky time at the moment because not a lot has been happening but hopefully socials will be starting in some form or another and they are always a great way to meet people and get you started "

Fingers crossed!

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

That's the advantage of a silver or gold membership. You can make little private notes on their profiles...

Only takes meeting a few decent people to take your mind off the ass holes..

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

The problem here is common sense, if a person is verified by a well verified profile, or several of them, it's highly unlikely it's fake, if its verifed by a profile that's not well verified then move on, simple!

Too many people have too much time on their hands this last few months. Think that may be one of the reasons that the forums have been like it since lockdown. Also the fake profiles.

By *heekyChap93Man  over a year ago

All you fabbers out there, don't let some of the bad apples spoil the bunch, of course there are some few that are total messers and a waste of time but not all.

I'm not verified I only joined this as the lockdown came into effect. But I'm hoping now it's starting to be lifted I'll get the chance to meet one of the ladies or the couple's I have chatted to in the last few months. To get myself verified and prove I ain't here to waste anyone's time so watch this space

"All you fabbers out there, don't let some of the bad apples spoil the bunch, of course there are some few that are total messers and a waste of time but not all.

I'm not verified I only joined this as the lockdown came into effect. But I'm hoping now it's starting to be lifted I'll get the chance to meet one of the ladies or the couple's I have chatted to in the last few months. To get myself verified and prove I ain't here to waste anyone's time so watch this space "

Same boat here

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

It’s even worse if you meet those people in real life

Some people can be pricks

Keep them behind their keyboards

By *omcat2014rMan  over a year ago

Athlone/Tullamore

Whats going on ??

Month ??

Year ??

"

It's absolutely horrible and each to there own I think. Not everyone has time for wasters. I have been caught in past where thought was meeting a lady that turned out to be a guy

By *omcat2014rMan  over a year ago

Athlone/Tullamore

Couldn't agree more

» Add a new message to this topic