FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Wearing masks while driving on your own

Wearing masks while driving on your own

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why are there so many people driving around in the car on their own with masks on ? Are they allergic to their car freshener or are they planning to pick up hitchhikers ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Once you put on the mask your not meant to take it off or touch it until you are home and can dispose of it. If your putting it on and off then you may as well not wear one.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lack of correct instructions or information regarding masks since the start of the pandemic, no1 knows what the correct thing to do is

"Once you put on the mask your not meant to take it off or touch it until you are home and can dispose of it. If your putting it on and off then you may as well not wear one. "

Or at the very least you should take it off and put it in a sealable bag. But basically every time you touch it, unless you sanitise your hands before and after, you risk contaminating either the mask and thus yourself, or, if you are infected, spreading the disease to others

"Lack of correct instructions or information regarding masks since the start of the pandemic, no1 knows what the correct thing to do is "

There are simple instructions on the HSE site

By *ortadowncplCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

If the outside of your mask has covid on it, you have covid even if you don’t touch it. All the mask does us somewhat contain the virus to the wearer. I’m not saying they are not effective, they really are but taking them on and off whilst alone makes little difference.

"If the outside of your mask has covid on it, you have covid even if you don’t touch it. All the mask does us somewhat contain the virus to the wearer. I’m not saying they are not effective, they really are but taking them on and off whilst alone makes little difference."

But if you touch it you transfer the virus to your hands and thus increase risk of passing it to someone else.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

They come in handy when you drive by one of those face recognition cctvs...

"They come in handy when you drive by one of those face recognition cctvs... "

Or people you'd rather avoid, masks rock almost as much as social distancing, let's face it

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

To be honest OP I think a lot of people forget they have them on. Met a family member last week and was in the house a good 20 minutes when I finally asked why they were wearing the mask. Turns out they had it on all morning in town and got used to it and forgot they had it on.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I do quite a lot of stopping and starting, going to several different places in my van. It's easier to leave it on rather than keep taking it on and off

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Once you put on the mask your not meant to take it off or touch it until you are home and can dispose of it. If your putting it on and off then you may as well not wear one. "

I think this is taking things too far..you can easily take a mask off by the straps at the back without touching the front..even touching the mask itself is safe enough..i mean you can have droplets on your forehead your hair your jumper or your trousers..does that mean you cant touch these areas either or does it mean we have to wash our clothes and shower immediately after getting home from shopping no it doesnt..bit of common sense should be applied..the op is right there is no need to be wearing a mask whilst driving a car on your own thats just silly

[Removed by poster at 16/07/20 17:59:40]

around the chin is best place to wear a mask.

They probably have to go another shop.ur not supposed to take them off between shops

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Seen a guy fiding a bicycle today with a mask on

He stopped took it down and a few drags on a cigarette up with mask and away on his bicycle .maybe he is allergic to something or has an illness .

But really was funny to see

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

I use one on my reg plates ...haven’t paid an M50 toll in weeks

"Once you put on the mask your not meant to take it off or touch it until you are home and can dispose of it. If your putting it on and off then you may as well not wear one.

I think this is taking things too far..you can easily take a mask off by the straps at the back without touching the front..even touching the mask itself is safe enough..i mean you can have droplets on your forehead your hair your jumper or your trousers..does that mean you cant touch these areas either or does it mean we have to wash our clothes and shower immediately after getting home from shopping no it doesnt..bit of common sense should be applied..the op is right there is no need to be wearing a mask whilst driving a car on your own thats just silly "

Exactly. And there, right there is the reason why Joe bloggs in public wearing a mask is a waste of time.

So does anyone know how long it takes for any of these masks to become saturated and a waste of time? Never mind one that's being recycled. And as for homemade ones.

louth

"Seen a guy fiding a bicycle today with a mask on

He stopped took it down and a few drags on a cigarette up with mask and away on his bicycle .maybe he is allergic to something or has an illness .

But really was funny to see"

I saw a guy cycling a bike wearing a visor a week ago ..things have gone mad

louth

"Once you put on the mask your not meant to take it off or touch it until you are home and can dispose of it. If your putting it on and off then you may as well not wear one.

I think this is taking things too far..you can easily take a mask off by the straps at the back without touching the front..even touching the mask itself is safe enough..i mean you can have droplets on your forehead your hair your jumper or your trousers..does that mean you cant touch these areas either or does it mean we have to wash our clothes and shower immediately after getting home from shopping no it doesnt..bit of common sense should be applied..the op is right there is no need to be wearing a mask whilst driving a car on your own thats just silly

Exactly. And there, right there is the reason why Joe bloggs in public wearing a mask is a waste of time.

So does anyone know how long it takes for any of these masks to become saturated and a waste of time? Never mind one that's being recycled. And as for homemade ones. "

definitely not a waste of time any type of cloth barrier is better than nothing..its just to stop droplets

So does anyone know how long it takes for any of these masks to become saturated and a waste of time? Never mind one that's being recycled. And as for homemade ones. "

Had to a covid 19 Induction to enter and office, meant to change the desposable ones every 3hrs

So does anyone know how long it takes for any of these masks to become saturated and a waste of time? Never mind one that's being recycled. And as for homemade ones.

definitely not a waste of time any type of cloth barrier is better than nothing..its just to stop droplets "

Surgical grade masks become ineffective after 2 hours. So a bit of cloth??

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Why are there so many people driving around in the car on their own with masks on ? Are they allergic to their car freshener or are they planning to pick up hitchhikers ? "

They probably sleep with a condom on too

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"Why are there so many people driving around in the car on their own with masks on ? Are they allergic to their car freshener or are they planning to pick up hitchhikers ?

They probably sleep with a condom on too "

Really??

Suppose different people think and feel differently on how to use them or then to use them ,yes there are situations where you'd see someone wearing them and you can only say " what the fuck is that about ?" but hey..it'd a bit like being here in this joint .. every one has their own take on things

By *ootykMan  over a year ago

lurgan

Complete fools, sheeple will do what ever they are told to do by which ever unelected puppet and not question any of it... Controlling the masses with fear a blind man could see it infront of him and the dogs on the street know it. I feel sorry for the sheeple Baa baa black sheeple /sorry white sheeple - sorry that's the ancient divide an conquer technique. Sheeple's lives Matter

Waken up ....

on the hill NordWest of

"Complete fools, sheeple will do what ever they are told to do by which ever unelected puppet and not question any of it... Controlling the masses with fear a blind man could see it infront of him and the dogs on the street know it. I feel sorry for the sheeple Baa baa black sheeple /sorry white sheeple - sorry that's the ancient divide an conquer technique. Sheeple's lives Matter

Waken up .... "

We're waiting for a Messiah who knows it all like your self....

lurgan

Lol'ing I'm just awake and aware thinking for myself not being spoon fed bullshit every night by the media

on the hill NordWest of

"Lol'ing I'm just awake and aware thinking for myself not being spoon fed bullshit every night by the media "

Yeah, I saw your post on the other thread, ye got fed some other bs, but hey it stinks, tastes and looks exactly the same just served on a different plate.

any advice for a specs wearer as I find it awful. My glasses steam up i can't breathe lol. Silly question I know but I still wear it. Are there any that are better for someone with glasses

lurgan

"Lol'ing I'm just awake and aware thinking for myself not being spoon fed bullshit every night by the media

Yeah, I saw your post on the other thread, ye got fed some other bs, but hey it stinks, tastes and looks exactly the same just served on a different plate. "

Mmmm sometimes the people who were fooled tricked mislead are always the last to admit they have been made fools off , the get back 2 meters or 1 meter or he/she isn't wearing the appropriate ppe them type dont like to admit they got the wool pulled over their eyes in daylight and plain sight. It really is laughable

louth

definitely not a waste of time any type of cloth barrier is better than nothing..its just to stop droplets

Surgical grade masks become ineffective after 2 hours. So a bit of cloth?? "

Its better than nothing

"any advice for a specs wearer as I find it awful. My glasses steam up i can't breathe lol. Silly question I know but I still wear it. Are there any that are better for someone with glasses"

you could try a spit shield or apparently rub vasaline under your frames is meant to work

Its all part of the fear and the misunderstanding of how a virus is transmitted. I see people out walking on their own all masked up. The way the media has portrayed Corona with big digital 3D renderings on video screens and on the front of the newspapers has only served to give the virus a persona that is larger than life itself and causing great fear as a result.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

If they are re washable ones your meant to put hand sanitizer on your hands if you need to take it down from your mouth and do the same before you put it back on good thing about them reusable ones is you can drink with them still on

"any advice for a specs wearer as I find it awful. My glasses steam up i can't breathe lol. Silly question I know but I still wear it. Are there any that are better for someone with glasses

you could try a spit shield or apparently rub vasaline under your frames is meant to work"

I give it a go. Drove me crazy today feel like I'm suffocating lol

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

"any advice for a specs wearer as I find it awful. My glasses steam up i can't breathe lol. Silly question I know but I still wear it. Are there any that are better for someone with glasses

you could try a spit shield or apparently rub vasaline under your frames is meant to work"

Would KY Jelly work??

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

you could try a spit shield or apparently rub vasaline under your frames is meant to work

I give it a go. Drove me crazy today feel like I'm suffocating lol"

I believe someone posted a hint about rubbing your glasses with shaving foam and rubbing it off without water

I give it a go. Drove me crazy today feel like I'm suffocating lol

I believe someone posted a hint about rubbing your glasses with shaving foam and rubbing it off without water "

I will try anything within reason lol

By *andF2019Couple  over a year ago

Limerick

"any advice for a specs wearer as I find it awful. My glasses steam up i can't breathe lol. Silly question I know but I still wear it. Are there any that are better for someone with glasses"

I know it sound smad but does work, use windowlene on your glasses and wipe clean... It does work... I've to wear glasses for work and himself wear glasses all day its the only thing that has stopped them fogging up with the mask on x

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

"Why are there so many people driving around in the car on their own with masks on ? Are they allergic to their car freshener or are they planning to pick up hitchhikers ? "
Phew,lucky me,I drive a van the last 18 weeks ,delivering high end medication keeping social distance,

By *oywonder69Man  over a year ago

cavan

I've seen this alot.. just wondering if the men wearing them in cars wear condom's when alone in bed.

By *ll about fun timeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/Wmeath

Or the good 1 of covering mouth and not your nose

Haha that's hilarious. I too have witnessed this strange phenomenon and think you myself " wow look at that person being really careful"

"Or the good 1 of covering mouth and not your nose "

or using them as chin guards

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Or people wearing mask on the street

1 just past me. Swear to God

[Removed by poster at 22/07/20 10:36:25]

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"1 just past me. Swear to God "

So, what’s the problem?

Yes we do, very clear instructions out there, not very difficult to find.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Surely its up to the individual.....its what people feel comfortable with. They are not effecting anyones else's life.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I wear a mask once indoors, shops etc but when I come out the mask comes off especially on very warm days. I dont mind wearing it in shops but very hard leave it on u all the time.

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

[Removed by poster at 22/07/20 22:26:17]

By *usketeerMan  over a year ago

Cork

I wouldn’t wear it in my own car but it doesn’t bother me if someone does. They can even wear it in the shower if they want, what’s the problem?

By * am in Your DreamsMan  over a year ago

South

Would you wear a condom in bed if you were on your own????? FFS some people need a slap.

Habit perhaps, I’ve left mine down a lot at home and forgotten to put it on heading to shops.

Also if your hands aren’t sterile you shouldn’t touch the mask so maybe they get home do some sort of cleaning routine and bin the mask?

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

Confuzius said:

“He who wears mask when alone in car, also wears condom when alone in bed “

on the hill NordWest of

"Would you wear a condom in bed if you were on your own????? FFS some people need a slap."

Do you take the condom off every time you change sex position?

"Would you wear a condom in bed if you were on your own????? FFS some people need a slap."

You are recommended not to touch your mask so it makes sense if people are out going to a number of different places, and drive between them, not to touch your mask.

If you really feel so exercised that people should be slapped, maybe you should slap those who ware masks inappropriately, under their nose.

» Add a new message to this topic