FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Liverpool

Liverpool

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why oh why do Liverpool supporters and some players have to be more concerned about man United and what they are doing than actually celebrating their own success.Been a man United supporter it never bothered me what Liverpool done when we were winning everything.I personally have nothing against Liverpool winning but I always find their supporters hard to like because of their attitude they remind me of the English team supporters.Just remember you don't own the trophies you just have them on loan for a short time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

YAWN

Sorry typing error

YNWA

"YAWN

Sorry typing error

YNWA"

Did I say anything that's not true.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why oh why do Liverpool supporters and some players have to be more concerned about man United and what they are doing than actually celebrating their own success.Been a man United supporter it never bothered me what Liverpool done when we were winning everything.I personally have nothing against Liverpool winning but I always find their supporters hard to like because of their attitude they remind me of the English team supporters.Just remember you don't own the trophies you just have them on loan for a short time. "

It mightnt bother you but it certainly bothers lots of other so called Man U supporters [beyond me how some supporters hate another team so much, that they would prefer their team to do badly than another team do well - not confined to English soccer, alive and kicking in the GAA also).

somewhere

Look I don't care who wins what to be honest

Does it hurt when utd were winning ....no

Did it hurt when Cantona scored in the FA cup final in 96....absolutely

All my family are utd supporters and we went to the FA cup final in 2018 where I was a chelsea supporter for the day and loved it

Respect to utd for what they've won in the past but equally respect to Liverpool

I hope utd get beaten on Sunday but at the end of the day it should only be a bit of banter between supporters

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

If you think you've something to complain about now just wait to next season.

As a life long Leeds supporter all I'll say is "we're back ladies".

Cat among pigeons

somewhere

"If you think you've something to complain about now just wait to next season.

Cat among pigeons "

Looking forward to the man utd ...Leeds utd matches

Ah here

"Why oh why do Liverpool supporters and some players have to be more concerned about man United and what they are doing than actually celebrating their own success.Been a man United supporter it never bothered me what Liverpool done when we were winning everything.I personally have nothing against Liverpool winning but I always find their supporters hard to like because of their attitude they remind me of the English team supporters.Just remember you don't own the trophies you just have them on loan for a short time. "

Says the utd supporter in the thread he started about Liverpool Oh the irony

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

Your in the miniorty so most man u fans ridicule us !

I couldnt give a shite how united do but I'm pretty sure ud tell us anyway

And I'm a lovely fan

Ps YNWA

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

The only reason I've ever brought up anything to do with United is because now some United fans, not all, are coming up with all kinds of shit to try to disregard the recent success of Liverpool

'The League and Champions League were more competitive when United were winning it'

'Liverpool have only won it the same amount of times as Leicester and Blackburn'

'This season doesn't count because a few games at the end were played behind closed doors'

'Liverpool only have success because their best players don't get long term injuries'

The list goes on.

The real irony is that most United fans now are turning into everything they hated about Liverpool fans and it's sweet

By *aradisecircusMan  over a year ago

Derry

From one United fan to another, OP that's an embarrassing post.

Banter is banter and you can either be offended by it or give as good as you get.

Hopefully with a couple of improvements we'll a have a more competitive United team fighting for trophies against a very very good Liverpool team.

Next year is our year!!!

"From one United fan to another, OP that's an embarrassing post.

Banter is banter and you can either be offended by it or give as good as you get.

Hopefully with a couple of improvements we'll a have a more competitive United team fighting for trophies against a very very good Liverpool team.

Next year is our year!!! "

Don't get embarrassed on my behalf I stick by my o.p.

By *aradisecircusMan  over a year ago

Derry

"From one United fan to another, OP that's an embarrassing post.

Next year is our year!!! Don't get embarrassed on my behalf I stick by my o.p."

Fair enough!

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

Where Frank lampard when ya need him?

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Look .I'm not a man utd or liverpool supporter. I think everyone should just accept liverpool were best team this season and wish them well .. next month it starts all over again

C'mon the dubs ...

"Look .I'm not a man utd or liverpool supporter. I think everyone should just accept liverpool were best team this season and wish them well .. next month it starts all over again

C'mon the dubs ..."

I think the dubs would beat Liverpool.. honest... they'd power straight through them ..

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"The only reason I've ever brought up anything to do with United is because now some United fans, not all, are coming up with all kinds of shit to try to disregard the recent success of Liverpool

'The League and Champions League were more competitive when United were winning it'

'Liverpool have only won it the same amount of times as Leicester and Blackburn'

'This season doesn't count because a few games at the end were played behind closed doors'

'Liverpool only have success because their best players don't get long term injuries'

The list goes on.

The real irony is that most United fans now are turning into everything they hated about Liverpool fans and it's sweet "

I think it's too late to null and void it lol

Waterford

"Look .I'm not a man utd or liverpool supporter. I think everyone should just accept liverpool were best team this season and wish them well .. next month it starts all over again

C'mon the dubs ...

I think the dubs would beat Liverpool.. honest... they'd power straight through them .. "

Of course Dublin would beat Liverpool. Sure don't they get to play all their games in their back yard in front of 80,000 home supporters

C'mon the dubs ...

I think the dubs would beat Liverpool.. honest... they'd power straight through them ..

Of course Dublin would beat Liverpool. Sure don't they get to play all their games in their back yard in front of 80,000 home supporters "

Not all 80,000 were dub supporters..game would be played 45 min soccer...45 min Gaelic football ..then see final score..

Waterford

C'mon the dubs ...

Of course Dublin would beat Liverpool. Sure don't they get to play all their games in their back yard in front of 80,000 home supporters

Not all 80,000 were dub supporters..game would be played 45 min soccer...45 min Gaelic football ..then see final score.. "

My mistake, 70,000

But then I suppose the Dublin lads would have the disadvantage of not being allowed to give a good proper tackle

By *jallMan  over a year ago

Cork/Sligo

Cat among pigeons "

which is hotter, red hot or white hot...

Cork/Sligo

"Where Frank lampard when ya need him?"

Throwing the toys out, yet again

Cork/Sligo

Cat among pigeons

which is hotter, red hot or white hot..."

MOT

Cork/Sligo

Cat among pigeons

which is hotter, red hot or white hot...

MOT"

(Oh, that was meant to be a smiley face, like my fav leeds badge )

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Seeing Liverpool flags out the window of people's houses in town. Lovely if it's a local team. An eye roll situation.

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

[Removed by poster at 25/07/20 00:30:29]

city

Hahaha

Man u are irrelevant now couldn't careless about them

They spend every match singing about Liverpool and scousers. I know one song about man u and I've never heard it sung inside Anfield

skerries

Go 80

If all you country people would support your own teams maybe you could become better

As for the liverpool. Man utd .man city .etc so called supporters with their flags flying out their house wand car window were asked for a few euros to help out their local kids soccer organ teams they would not be interested .and only for sky TV they probably wouldn't know what colour their 80euro shirts are...

LFC fan.....I think Man City'll win it next season, apart from the Chelsea game and a bad result in FA Cup against Arsenal they've been blowing teams away at the restart.

That's the problem with Pep though, even if things aren't going right, he never changes tactics, just like for like player substitutions? :/

Hopefully the big teams, United, Spurs and Arsenal (not Chelsea though, horrible club) will be up there along with Liverpool. It was one of the most exciting seasons to watch when Man City just won by a point the season before, so how great would it be if they were all at it!?

As for the post dude, fair play I think you're prt of the 1% of Man U fans that feel that way, or possibly the ONLY Man U fan that feels that way, ha. When Man Utd got to the same and then surpassed Liverpool's League titles that was always harped on about so you could say they started it, haha. But sure look who cares who wins what after the emotion at the time dies down, all I'm looking for is to see great football being played by whoever and if your team whoever it is wins something then it's a great bonus.....expect Chelsea, did I mention they suck!?

Come on Arsenal in the FA Cup!!!

By *uriousVoyeurMan  over a year ago

Northside

"Why oh why do Liverpool supporters and some players have to be more concerned about man United and what they are doing than actually celebrating their own success.Been a man United supporter it never bothered me what Liverpool done when we were winning everything.I personally have nothing against Liverpool winning but I always find their supporters hard to like because of their attitude they remind me of the English team supporters.Just remember you don't own the trophies you just have them on loan for a short time.

Says the utd supporter in the thread he started about Liverpool Oh the irony "

I actually laughed out loud at your comment, brilliant...and I'm a Utd fan!

Northside

"LFC fan.....I think Man City'll win it next season, apart from the Chelsea game and a bad result in FA Cup against Arsenal they've been blowing teams away at the restart.

That's the problem with Pep though, even if things aren't going right, he never changes tactics, just like for like player substitutions? :/

Hopefully the big teams, United, Spurs and Arsenal (not Chelsea though, horrible club) will be up there along with Liverpool. It was one of the most exciting seasons to watch when Man City just won by a point the season before, so how great would it be if they were all at it!?

As for the post dude, fair play I think you're prt of the 1% of Man U fans that feel that way, or possibly the ONLY Man U fan that feels that way, ha. When Man Utd got to the same and then surpassed Liverpool's League titles that was always harped on about so you could say they started it, haha. But sure look who cares who wins what after the emotion at the time dies down, all I'm looking for is to see great football being played by whoever and if your team whoever it is wins something then it's a great bonus.....expect Chelsea, did I mention they suck!?

Come on Arsenal in the FA Cup!!! "

That sums it up nicely. As a football fan I enjoy watching good games regardless of who's playing. And you're right about Chelsea. They've no class! Liverpool deserve their title,but it'll be hard to hold on to it. Next season should be very interesting. Especially with Leeds back up where they don't belong!

"Why oh why do Liverpool supporters and some players have to be more concerned about man United and what they are doing than actually celebrating their own success.Been a man United supporter it never bothered me what Liverpool done when we were winning everything.I personally have nothing against Liverpool winning but I always find their supporters hard to like because of their attitude they remind me of the English team supporters.Just remember you don't own the trophies you just have them on loan for a short time.

I actually laughed out loud at your comment, brilliant...and I'm a Utd fan! "

Did you laugh at the Liverpool player calling man United fucking wankers?

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

yea an awful pack of hooligans..there fans have a bad rep always have

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Carefree and content.... Easy enough this season #ynwa

LFC the best on planet Earth

All ye haters can do one of two things!

Nothing or like it

yea an awful pack of hooligans..there fans have a bad rep always have "

Dude, ALL football supporters in all clubs have football hooligans in their midts, haha

They are fortunately a minority of fans of course

somewhere

Brilliant 6 page article in today's Indo of every player bought by liverpool in the last 30 yrs

Well worth the read

Belfast

Talksport special today by Stephen Graham all about King Kenny at Celtic, Liverpool and beyond. Probably available on podcast.

Northside

I actually laughed out loud at your comment, brilliant...and I'm a Utd fan! Did you laugh at the Liverpool player calling man United fucking wankers?"

Nope,but Gary Neville has said pretty much the same thing about Liverpool and their fans....I didn't laugh at that either! At the end of the day,it's banter! I had to listen to it for years growing up from Liverpool fans when they were winning everything,then I dished it out for years when Utd were winning everything...now I'll take my medicine and put up with it again. Because it's only banter! Its what makes games and seasons fun! Qué Sera Sera!!!

somewhere

At the end of the day the most unique premier league season finishes today

I hope Leicester beat Man utd and Aston Villa go down but look forward to all the matches being played simultaneously and scores going in

"At the end of the day the most unique premier league season finishes today

I hope Leicester beat Man utd and Aston Villa go down but look forward to all the matches being played simultaneously and scores going in "

Kaizer is the opposite

You can only like Ole Gunnar whereas Rodgers is a vaginal expulsion of gas!

Watford can fuck off too

Man U and Chelsea top 4 / Watford and Bournemouth cast off into the bowels of hell

I hope Leicester beat Man utd and Aston Villa go down but look forward to all the matches being played simultaneously and scores going in "

No dude noooo, we need Aston Villa to stay up for Conor Hourihane cause he's been brilliant for Villa since the restart but if Villa go down it is unlikely that any Premiership team will snap him up.....possibly Sheffield Utd but better if they stay up as he'll more than likely get game time in the PL if they stay up.

Norwich already gone down with Idah unfortunately, so we don't need another Irish player to go down. Bournemouth have no Irish players apart from Travers but he gets no game time anyway where as Watford, pretty sure they have no Irish players. So Aston Villa to stay up pleeeeeease

No fan of United but want Rodgers beaten. Totally overhyped and full of shite, no plan B and plan A is predictable.

Premier league is better off with Villa in it. Big crowds, big stadium and they have given it a go this year and been unlucky in quite a few games so hope they stay up.

Watfords owners shouldnt be allowed near a football club. So I won't miss them.

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

How about a certain European trophy permanently residing in the Anfield trophy cabinet ?

Definitely not on loan for a short time

I hope Leicester beat Man utd and Aston Villa go down but look forward to all the matches being played simultaneously and scores going in

Kaizer is the opposite

You can only like Ole Gunnar whereas Rodgers is a vaginal expulsion of gas!

Watford can fuck off too

Man U and Chelsea top 4 / Watford and Bournemouth cast off into the bowels of hell "

Boom

How about a certain European trophy permanently residing in the Anfield trophy cabinet ?

Definitely not on loan for a short time "

They must have stolen it.

somewhere

Definitely not on loan for a short time They must have stolen it."

Its the supporters that you make the thief jokes about...not the team Sligo

Definitely not on loan for a short time They must have stolen it.

Its the supporters that you make the thief jokes about...not the team Sligo"

I never mentioned the sligo team don't even know what they have to do with Liverpool.

somewhere

Its the supporters that you make the thief jokes about...not the team Sligo I never mentioned the sligo team don't even know what they have to do with Liverpool. "

Have you ever been stuck in a lift on your own

Its the supporters that you make the thief jokes about...not the team Sligo I never mentioned the sligo team don't even know what they have to do with Liverpool.

Have you ever been stuck in a lift on your own "

Sorry mate you lost me there.

somewhere

Its the supporters that you make the thief jokes about...not the team Sligo I never mentioned the sligo team don't even know what they have to do with Liverpool.

Have you ever been stuck in a lift on your own Sorry mate you lost me there. "

Just wondering

Have you ever been stuck in a lift on your own Sorry mate you lost me there.

Just wondering "

Strange very strange.

city

[Removed by poster at 29/09/20 17:47:56]

city

Breaking news

Liverpool are still the best side in world football

Thiago got the corona

"Thiago got the corona "

He will still have a higher pass completion rate than any Man U midfielder even with 14 days in isolation with only 45 minutes under his belt

Definitely not on loan for a short time "

So true

By *ischief2020Man  over a year ago

Borderline

You’d swear it was only the two teams in the Premiereship. Wait til Everton win the bloody - that’ll shut up both set of supporters

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

"You’d swear it was only the two teams in the Premiereship. Wait til Everton win the bloody - that’ll shut up both set of supporters "

did you see all the Liverpool jerseys in the Everton shop getting names put on

Hope they have to wait another 30 years until the next one

"Hope they have to wait another 30 years until the next one"

Probably not

But it was definitely worth the wait

By * and j100Couple  over a year ago

wirral

Tosser

Waterford

Having some game tonight

Sweet Jesus

[Removed by poster at 05/10/20 05:13:17]

bad day at the office

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

Who's top of the league?

Ah the good ole days

Waterford

"Ah the good ole days "

We had a good couple of years. It's been great.

Perhaps we'll make a burst for the title again in a few years

city

Robbed today... But we'll still win it

20 times incomimg

Waterford

"Robbed today... But we'll still win it

20 times incomimg"

Looking like VvD might be out for at least most of the season. Alison out for another while. It ain't looking too good at the moment.

They've been struggling as it is since the end of last season.

I wasn't over confident the last few weeks and with Virgil out our defense could be a mess for the next while.

All that good fortune last year is catching up to us now

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Hope they have to wait another 30 years until the next one"

Good luck with that

"Robbed today... But we'll still win it

20 times incomimg

Looking like VvD might be out for at least most of the season. Alison out for another while. It ain't looking too good at the moment.

They've been struggling as it is since the end of last season.

I wasn't over confident the last few weeks and with Virgil out our defense could be a mess for the next while.

All that good fortune last year is catching up to us now "

Nobody can defend since the restart so it doesn't really matter

Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?"
it doesn't matter now, the game is over, the result stands. Nobody can change what happened whatever our views

"Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?it doesn't matter now, the game is over, the result stands. Nobody can change what happened whatever our views"

Never asked for game to be reviewed or changed. Just wondering what people’s views on it were that’s all. In my view Var is way too inconsistent and is ruining the game

"Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?"

It was a shocking decision!

The whistle blew before Richarlison tackle on Thiago, red given.

With the logic approached for Pickford challenge you can basically do whatever you want after the ref blows his whistle.

Pickford is a walking disaster and the officials in the Prem are possibly the worst in Europe.

There's no such bullshit in La Liga, Bundesliga or Serie A.

"Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?it doesn't matter now, the game is over, the result stands. Nobody can change what happened whatever our views

Never asked for game to be reviewed or changed. Just wondering what people’s views on it were that’s all. In my view Var is way too inconsistent and is ruining the game"

VAR is not the problem, VAR is a systematic approach.

The problem is the human beings using the system!

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Poor Liverpool, bad var decisions, it's about time, all other clubs have been victims of bad var. Now clippty wants a review.....No other teams fans feel for them, classless club

"Anyone got views on the Pickford challenge on VVD( yellow , red or just ignore cos of the initial off side)? Also manes off side for Hendos goal, views?it doesn't matter now, the game is over, the result stands. Nobody can change what happened whatever our views

Never asked for game to be reviewed or changed. Just wondering what people’s views on it were that’s all. In my view Var is way too inconsistent and is ruining the game

The problem is the human beings using the system! "

Totally agree on the human beings being the problem

"Poor Liverpool, bad var decisions, it's about time, all other clubs have been victims of bad var. Now clippty wants a review.....No other teams fans feel for them, classless club "

This is not exclusive to Liverpool there's multiple issues on a weekly basis.

What's actually going to happen, is, someone is going to be seriously injured before they review their approach.

It was a brilliant game yesterday, marred by amateur referring. But thats, in almost game

The problem is the human beings using the system!

Totally agree on the human beings being the problem "

Yer man Oliver or whatever the fuck his name is, is, probably the worst ref going.

The premier league refused to use pitch side last year, they are so detached from how the game is played its remarkable

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Since 2011 Michael Oliver has reffed Liverpool 46 times, only lost 8, by far the most favourable ref,

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-oliver/bilanz/schiedsrichter/902,

But don't let facts cloud your judgement

"Poor Liverpool, bad var decisions, it's about time, all other clubs have been victims of bad var. Now clippty wants a review.....No other teams fans feel for them, classless club "

Not looking for sympathy in the least, I’d watch any game and if it was a lower league game and a keeper came out as reckless as Pickford did yesterday on a player like that I’d still call it reckless. No one wants to see careers ended cos of challenges like that. If consistency on var in the premier league for ALL clubs was there then I’d have no problem. All clubs are affected by the inconsistency, that’s my problem with it

You can't just say VAR is the problem as a means to wash over the basic, poor, standard of referees throughout England.

You've got the countless admissions from Clattenburg, for example, when he officiated "that" Spurs v Chelsea game as well as his sending off of Craig Bellamy when he "just didn't like him" as doing the exact opposite of what an official is there to do, he dictated games instead of facilitating them. That leads to one of the factors of the poor standard of officiating, imo, that there is now a pseudo-celebrity culture around match officials these days.

Sure you've got Howard Webb, Dermot Gallagher, Chris Foy, Graham Poll etc all doing television appearances now, all doing newspaper columns, punditry. Officials in the game now are looking at that and saying "I've to make a name for myself" so that that can be them in 5/10/15 years. The best referees are those you don't notice, those you don't know the name of after all.

It also directly breeds this "holier than thou" attitude they all undeniably have. They very rarely engage or acknowledge players, managers etc. I of course don't mean in instances when players/managers scream for cards etc but instances that call for clarification and reasoning, like yesterday. Call the captain and those involved over and explain the process. Officials are not accountable to the players when in fact they should be.

That leads to the communication and relatability with players and again I don't mean specifically in-game when players are screaming and ranting. Officials, with all due respect, have not played football at the highest level yet are tasked at refereeing it. Take diving for instance;

Undoubtedly players do it, that can't be denied, and it makes a tough job trickier for officials admittedly. However, when you see the likes of Walker, Salah etc and the speeds they reach it doesn't take much to knock them over. Do you think Jon Moss or the bloke sat at Stanley Park, has ran fast enough to understand that? They've never been in that situation. Better communication and understanding with the players will lead to better decisions, undeniably.

Accountability is the big factor for me though yet shockingly it's non-existent. VAR does not improve an officials decision making, it just possibly corrects a bad decision or makes it for them. Therefore it doesn't tackle the root issue, it's merely a bandage over a great, big, massive cut that is a shockingly low standard of officiating. There's a reason there were no English officials at the last World Cup. The FA/everyone has access to untold amount of angles post-match and the days that follow any match so any official who constantly makes bad decisions could very easily be found out and punished appropriately; but they aren't. They aren't held accountable by the system that's in place now, so VAR won't and doesn't change that. You can't say 'boo' to an official without being punished, however, they can be as inept as humanly possible without suffering the consequences.

If an officials wage/match fee was at stake, their place as an official on the next round of fixtures (a suspension) then you can guarantee it would produce not only better focus but more sincerity for their job. That's the biggest cause of the aforementioned points and their attitudes, the fact they know they're untouchable. If they were held accountable for their bad decisions then of course that will better them as officials.

Why match reports aren't open to the public too I'll never understand. If there is nothing untoward in an official's report then why can't they be made available to the public after the latest round of fixtures? Even as a fan, the ability see a referee's decision making process and reasoning would greatly improve the view of and current disconnect with the game/officials and fans.

The standard has to improve as well because not every team will have the use of VAR, it goes well beyond the Premier League sure. Just because City vs United will have it doesn't excuse that Southend vs Wycombe won't. So the standard of refereeing needs tackled and addressed at all levels because not every level will have VAR.

TLDR; Pickford won the ball and Mane was miles off

louth

Liverpool deffo won't repeat last years success just a flash in the pan is all that was...imagine premiership champions being hammered 7-2 by aston villa.. FRAUD cones to mind

"You can't just say VAR is the problem as a means to wash over the basic, poor, standard of referees throughout England.

You've got the countless admissions from Clattenburg, for example, when he officiated "that" Spurs v Chelsea game as well as his sending off of Craig Bellamy when he "just didn't like him" as doing the exact opposite of what an official is there to do, he dictated games instead of facilitating them. That leads to one of the factors of the poor standard of officiating, imo, that there is now a pseudo-celebrity culture around match officials these days.

Sure you've got Howard Webb, Dermot Gallagher, Chris Foy, Graham Poll etc all doing television appearances now, all doing newspaper columns, punditry. Officials in the game now are looking at that and saying "I've to make a name for myself" so that that can be them in 5/10/15 years. The best referees are those you don't notice, those you don't know the name of after all.

It also directly breeds this "holier than thou" attitude they all undeniably have. They very rarely engage or acknowledge players, managers etc. I of course don't mean in instances when players/managers scream for cards etc but instances that call for clarification and reasoning, like yesterday. Call the captain and those involved over and explain the process. Officials are not accountable to the players when in fact they should be.

That leads to the communication and relatability with players and again I don't mean specifically in-game when players are screaming and ranting. Officials, with all due respect, have not played football at the highest level yet are tasked at refereeing it. Take diving for instance;

Undoubtedly players do it, that can't be denied, and it makes a tough job trickier for officials admittedly. However, when you see the likes of Walker, Salah etc and the speeds they reach it doesn't take much to knock them over. Do you think Jon Moss or the bloke sat at Stanley Park, has ran fast enough to understand that? They've never been in that situation. Better communication and understanding with the players will lead to better decisions, undeniably.

Accountability is the big factor for me though yet shockingly it's non-existent. VAR does not improve an officials decision making, it just possibly corrects a bad decision or makes it for them. Therefore it doesn't tackle the root issue, it's merely a bandage over a great, big, massive cut that is a shockingly low standard of officiating. There's a reason there were no English officials at the last World Cup. The FA/everyone has access to untold amount of angles post-match and the days that follow any match so any official who constantly makes bad decisions could very easily be found out and punished appropriately; but they aren't. They aren't held accountable by the system that's in place now, so VAR won't and doesn't change that. You can't say 'boo' to an official without being punished, however, they can be as inept as humanly possible without suffering the consequences.

If an officials wage/match fee was at stake, their place as an official on the next round of fixtures (a suspension) then you can guarantee it would produce not only better focus but more sincerity for their job. That's the biggest cause of the aforementioned points and their attitudes, the fact they know they're untouchable. If they were held accountable for their bad decisions then of course that will better them as officials.

Why match reports aren't open to the public too I'll never understand. If there is nothing untoward in an official's report then why can't they be made available to the public after the latest round of fixtures? Even as a fan, the ability see a referee's decision making process and reasoning would greatly improve the view of and current disconnect with the game/officials and fans.

The standard has to improve as well because not every team will have the use of VAR, it goes well beyond the Premier League sure. Just because City vs United will have it doesn't excuse that Southend vs Wycombe won't. So the standard of refereeing needs tackled and addressed at all levels because not every level will have VAR.

TLDR; Pickford won the ball and Mane was miles off "

There ya go

Watch today's Bundesliga and see if there's the same indecision and uncertainty

"Liverpool deffo won't repeat last years success just a flash in the pan is all that was...imagine premiership champions being hammered 7-2 by aston villa.. FRAUD cones to mind "

Those damn frauds making off with the Champions League, World Club and Premier League in 18 months

liverpool

"Liverpool deffo won't repeat last years success just a flash in the pan is all that was...imagine premiership champions being hammered 7-2 by aston villa.. FRAUD cones to mind "

You realised they finished 2nd the year before and won the champions league?

liverpool

They are classless as the manager has queried a decision.

Like every other manager in all 4 decisions

louth

Just face it shitterpool won't be winning any more titles this year.. Not true champions

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 18/10/20 13:52:11]

liverpool

"Just face it shitterpool won't be winning any more titles this year.. Not true champions "

Not one will win a title this year as we have already won it.

You are aware of the difference between reality and nonsense?

Ah fuck!

Kaizer thought we had a constructive mature discussion on our hands

Oh well... You're shite.... No you're shite

Belfast

"Just face it shitterpool won't be winning any more titles this year.. Not true champions

Not one will win a title this year as we have already won it.

You are aware of the difference between reality and nonsense?"

I've been told there's not much difference between us

louth

It's football I don't take it serious like you fellas

Shitterpool

Your Opinion fair enough But The ladies look WAY BETTER in just a Liverpool Jersey

skerries

Dont think you take anything serious .do you

louth

Van dyk out for the season.. Fantastic challenge by pickford

skerries

You trying to stir the shit again

louth

Has anybody seen any spare ligaments lying around

louth

"You trying to stir the shit again "

It's football harmless banter.. Chill out

skerries

It wasnt banter back in april when you were saying .closing the pubs was way over the top ..

Do you still think its scare mongering

louth

"It wasnt banter back in april when you were saying .closing the pubs was way over the top ..

Do you still think its scare mongering"

Zzz zzz boring

"You trying to stir the shit again

It's football harmless banter.. Chill out "

Nothing harmless about your idiotic comments

skerries

Agree kaizer .. he was making a joke of people who were concerned about covid back in April .

"Agree kaizer .. he was making a joke of people who were concerned about covid back in April . "

Was that before or after the Hillsborough digs?

louth

"Agree kaizer .. he was making a joke of people who were concerned about covid back in April . "

You must be mistaken because that certainly wasn't me

louth

"Agree kaizer .. he was making a joke of people who were concerned about covid back in April .

Was that before or after the Hillsborough digs? "

Another confused Liverpool supporter accusing me of saying things on a forum half a year ago I mean come on guys

city

The reds are back on top of the league

Love it

"The reds are back on top of the league

Love it

"

It's gonna be a mad season

Diogo is some dude

city

Some signing alright

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Jota has been a cracking signing, i think Bobby needs a rest and get jota starting in the first 11.

city

Reckon that will happen soon. Add Thiago as well and we'll be flying

Waterford

The Atalanta manager is the head of Frank Drebin

Good win tonight.

Jota is DA MAN

city

Perfection tonight

"Perfection tonight "

Better than that

louth

Shitterpool lucky to get a draw. De bruyne missed a penalty

Waterford

"Shitterpool lucky to get a draw. De bruyne missed a penalty "

So basically what you're saying is that City weren't good enough to get the win.

Fair result so yeah?

"Shitterpool lucky to get a draw. De bruyne missed a penalty

So basically what you're saying is that City weren't good enough to get the win.

Fair result so yeah?"

Great start from the Reds but we lacked creativity!

A good game and a 1-1 draw as predicted by Kaizer

Waterford

Fair result so yeah?

A good game and a 1-1 draw as predicted by Kaizer "

Just feels weird not being top of the table

Fair result so yeah?

A good game and a 1-1 draw as predicted by Kaizer

Just feels weird not being top of the table "

Patience G-Dogg

Firmino has lost form big time. I can understand Klopps reluctance to drop him for a bit as he's been pivotal to making the whole front line tick. But I don't think there's room for the front 3 and Jota in the team. As a consequence Liverpool handed city the initiative in midfield despite their good start.

I also think they're starting to look slightly jaded looking. Klopp has kept going back to the main men with little rotation over the last 2 years.

"Firmino has lost form big time. I can understand Klopps reluctance to drop him for a bit as he's been pivotal to making the whole front line tick. But I don't think there's room for the front 3 and Jota in the team. As a consequence Liverpool handed city the initiative in midfield despite their good start.

I also think they're starting to look slightly jaded looking. Klopp has kept going back to the main men with little rotation over the last 2 years. "

There's a significant injury list which played a part in team selection.

There was nothing wrong with the start with both Jota and Firmino on the pitch. However a midfield of a Henderson and Wijnaldun lacks ingenuity and creativity.

A draw at the Etihad is a fine result....we will see what happens.

Oh yes, Firmino and a few others have looked jaded since the restart but that's to be expected given the circumstances

"Firmino has lost form big time. I can understand Klopps reluctance to drop him for a bit as he's been pivotal to making the whole front line tick. But I don't think there's room for the front 3 and Jota in the team. As a consequence Liverpool handed city the initiative in midfield despite their good start.

I also think they're starting to look slightly jaded looking. Klopp has kept going back to the main men with little rotation over the last 2 years.

There was nothing wrong with the start with both Jota and Firmino on the pitch. However a midfield of a Henderson and Wijnaldun lacks ingenuity and creativity.

Oh yes, Firmino and a few others have looked jaded since the restart but that's to be expected given the circumstances "

It shouldnt though as Wijnaldum has played his best football through his career as an attacking midfielder and even a number 10 at PSV eindhoven. He was then excellent at Newcastle. He plays very well for the Netherlands in a more attacking role and weighs in with important goals. If anything Klopp stifles him.

Every team has to expect injuries at some point. Up until this season Liverpool have been fortunate. City had no Sane or laporte for all of last season and aguero only intermittently.

Oh yes, Firmino and a few others have looked jaded since the restart but that's to be expected given the circumstances

It shouldnt though as Wijnaldum has played his best football through his career as an attacking midfielder and even a number 10 at PSV eindhoven. He was then excellent at Newcastle. He plays very well for the Netherlands in a more attacking role and weighs in with important goals. If anything Klopp stifles him.

Every team has to expect injuries at some point. Up until this season Liverpool have been fortunate. City had no Sane or laporte for all of last season and aguero only intermittently. "

Gini is not a creative midfielder in the true sense, he is a midfield dynamo. He has been fantastic this season alright. But when the legs went on both him and Henderson, City took over.

It's all good, get Thiago back for a lengthy spell in the side and Kaizer can see a 10 to 12 win streak.

If Becker didn't play today City would have won, he's just awesome

» Add a new message to this topic