FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Irelands way of thanking front line workers

Irelands way of thanking front line workers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ore of that OP   Man  over a year ago

skerries

Just been informed by Dublin city council that from the 1st of August all front line workers will no longer have free car parking near their work .so it's back to the buses and trains and the long daily track for us all ....

Thanks .after all we are only trying to do our best to keep people safe and well .

That's when the government has rushed pass legislation to give junior ministers 16.ooo euros of a rise on top of their 124.000 euro. Salary .

Great country

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What would expect from FFG?

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Not much better up here though i cant really complain as we are getting free travel so its something

"Just been informed by Dublin city council that from the 1st of August all front line workers will no longer have free car parking near their work .so it's back to the buses and trains and the long daily track for us all ....

Thanks .after all we are only trying to do our best to keep people safe and well .

That's when the government has rushed pass legislation to give junior ministers 16.ooo euros of a rise on top of their 124.000 euro. Salary .

Great country"

wow that's a dickhead move on their part to say the least

skerries

Same guys out clapping a few weeks ago ...anything for a photo shoot

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

That made sense when hospitals were having an overwhelming increase in workload and they were asked to work increased shifts in awful circumstances... but right now corvid19 hospital admittance are way down, and the same emergency circumstances aren't happening. The crisis now is about avoiding resurgence and not overwhelmed hospitals.

skerries

What about the workers that dont work in hospital...atm some who drive their cars have to arrive near their place or work at least 90 minutes before starting time just to get a space . Have a sleep before going into work ...

Bet the politicians and councillors have not got that problem

How about your self how do you cope...

East / North, Cork

Plus a grand total of 3 "super junior" ministers have gotten the normal 16k allowance for being allowed to sit at cabinet. It's not an increase across the board. It's an allowance that 3 more people can claim because they now sit at cabinet.

By *r tayt2Man  over a year ago

Trim

It all fucked up

Daughter works for NHS

Got a letter from revenue saying she has not paid enough tax and are taking 700 euro of her front line my ass

skerries

Its money that could be used in more deserving ways .do you not think they are on enough money .. as ministers .. and a y of them that didn't get elected and co opted into the Senate .

Senators money plus td pension... it's a disgrace. Its greed ... cant believe people condone it or dont condemn it .. .

East / North, Cork

"Its money that could be used in more deserving ways .do you not think they are on enough money .. as ministers .. and a y of them that didn't get elected and co opted into the Senate .

Senators money plus td pension... it's a disgrace. Its greed ... cant believe people condone it or dont condemn it .. .

.. "

I guess I feel its reasonable that those sitting at the cabinet table are entitled to equal pay. It's a lot of money, but they have A LOT of responsibility for the country. If you want good people here rather than in the private sector then the pay needs to be there.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Its money that could be used in more deserving ways .do you not think they are on enough money .. as ministers .. and a y of them that didn't get elected and co opted into the Senate .

I guess I feel its reasonable that those sitting at the cabinet table are entitled to equal pay. It's a lot of money, but they have A LOT of responsibility for the country. If you want good people here rather than in the private sector then the pay needs to be there. "

I used to think the same that if you pay peanuts ...you get monkeys

The problem is the calibre of the people in government means we're just getting overpaid monkeys

We could all pick out absolutely fuckin useless gobshites on the government benches that get voted in all the time but they shouldn't be near the cabinet

skerries

The nurses are paid peanuts and have to go on strike to get it .no legislation brought in there . .Irish ministers are some of the top paid in Europe .especially the prime minister

skerries

You don't happen to be related to michael martin or jack lynch or some other cork minister. Lol

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Just been informed by Dublin city council that from the 1st of August all front line workers will no longer have free car parking near their work .so it's back to the buses and trains and the long daily track for us all ....

Great country"

------------

As the saying goes "Eaten bread is soon forgotten"

Once an emergency is over whether it's a war, natural disaster or pandemic, the real heros are readily and soon forgotten about while the (Mis)Leaders help themselves to all the spoils...

This happens all throughout history and across nations so I wouldn't restrict this practice to Ireland. However, people need to turn off Netflix and wise to fuck up about what's really happening at a global economic level atm....

Just my view. Have a good evening...

skerries

Good view . You are so right .but unfortunately not going to happen .I think

"

I guess I feel its reasonable that those sitting at the cabinet table are entitled to equal pay. It's a lot of money, but they have A LOT of responsibility for the country. If you want good people here rather than in the private sector then the pay needs to be there. "

Would yeah go on out of that.

This is about Jobs for the boys and keeping grumbling TD's that did not get minasterial positions happy.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

Pmsl responsibility, you must be kidding. Any proper tasks either get outsourced or done with the help of a ridiculous amount of consultants and even then they majorly fuck up because they're hugely incompetent. When the latter happens a committee is being appointed and after several millions spent some wishywashy report is being released but nobody will be ever held responsible but pension guaranteed no matter what and maybe a cushy job in the EU.

Btw I was shocked when I learned how much a nurse earns in this country, it's a disgrace.

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

You mean how little we earn

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Thanks .after all we are only trying to do our best to keep people safe and well .there is no union for front line workers,most of us arte contract bs,time for change.power in numbers

Great country"

I'm sorry now but I totally disagree.There is no proof that these people are as you call 'good people's until they are elected and then we see how lazy and rubbish they are.Very few of them have any experience for a role that pays such vast sums.How many jobs can you name that you don't get docked for not showing up to work?No!This government and many before have had it too easy and changes will come in 2 years when we'll be back to the voting booths again.

East / North, Cork

I guess I feel its reasonable that those sitting at the cabinet table are entitled to equal pay. It's a lot of money, but they have A LOT of responsibility for the country. If you want good people here rather than in the private sector then the pay needs to be there.

I'm sorry now but I totally disagree.There is no proof that these people are as you call 'good people's until they are elected and then we see how lazy and rubbish they are.Very few of them have any experience for a role that pays such vast sums.How many jobs can you name that you don't get docked for not showing up to work?No!This government and many before have had it too easy and changes will come in 2 years when we'll be back to the voting booths again. "

Folks working at executive level like this aren't paid by the hour and clock in and out so don't get docked pay. Same as the private sector. This pay isn't put of whack with that someone with similar responsibility in the private sector would get. A hospital consultant can actually earn a lot more than this.

"

Folks working at executive level like this aren't paid by the hour and clock in and out so don't get docked pay. Same as the private sector. This pay isn't put of whack with that someone with similar responsibility in the private sector would get. A hospital consultant can actually earn a lot more than this."

However there are minimum amounts they are expected to to show up and fail to do so. I point to the FG north cental TD last year that was rumbled for have a a second EU job that he was spending most of his time at rather than representing the people of his constituency and getting payed a prity penny for.

Surely you're not comparing a hospital consultant with a TD? One can have comparatively very little formal education and experience and the other must have years of formal eduction and considerable experience.

East / North, Cork

"

Folks working at executive level like this aren't paid by the hour and clock in and out so don't get docked pay. Same as the private sector. This pay isn't put of whack with that someone with similar responsibility in the private sector would get. A hospital consultant can actually earn a lot more than this.

However there are minimum amounts they are expected to to show up and fail to do so. I point to the FG north cental TD last year that was rumbled for have a a second EU job that he was spending most of his time at rather than representing the people of his constituency and getting payed a prity penny for.

Surely you're not comparing a hospital consultant with a TD? One can have comparatively very little formal education and experience and the other must have years of formal eduction and considerable experience. "

My point was that this kind of pay (and more) is not unusual in either the private sector nor the public sector. Its in line with the norms for folks at the top. These guys sit at the cabinet. It's the highest table in the land. The others at this table already get this allowance. It's bringing these members to pay parity. If we are trusting them to do this level of job then they should be given the same wages as the others at the table.

East / North, Cork

"

Surely you're not comparing a hospital consultant with a TD? One can have comparatively very little formal education and experience and the other must have years of formal eduction and considerable experience. "

I would absolutely support enforcement against TD's who aren't performing in their job because they are doing things like you describe like taking other jobs. That should actually be prosecuted.. but what we are talking about here is fitting and equal wages for cabinet table jobs. It's a different thing.

The last FG/FF government tried to bring this legislation in but it was stopped by the FF half of the government as they did not agree that there was a need for extra members of the cabinet.

But here we are a few years on and FF are the lead government party and suddenly there is a need again?

I agree with pay parity. But what I do not agree with is creating new rolls for people so you can pay them more and give them some additional status. Because that's what it's really about and not about the "expert guidance" they are going to bring to the table

East / North, Cork

I think super junior ministers already join cabinet meetings and have done for some time, and that this is just paying them for doing the job they already were doing. As for whether they are necessary, I've never been to a cabinet meeting so I'm not sure I guess I would take the word of those who are attending who say that it's necessary.

skerries

Do you not think they are being paid enough .especially at this given time .l know it's none of my business who you are or what you work at or earn but I'm disgusted at your comments. If you had some one looking after the elderly on minimum wage .risking their and their families health .I wonder would you think differently .some not even earning 16.000 a year .the amount granted to the ministers. As a top up on their 120.000 .salary .

Unfortunately things will not change in our greedy little country anytime soon..I think GREED.. it the thing...

East / North, Cork

I don't think you can usefully compare those who are on the top rung of the wage ladder with those who are on the bottom rung.

"It all fucked up

Daughter works for NHS

Got a letter from revenue saying she has not paid enough tax and are taking 700 euro of her front line my ass

"

NHS in the UK?

You are correct it not a fare comparison.

But what you can do is compare those that sit in cabinet with those that are directors of large corporate companies.

In large corporate companies salaries are not standard. They are awarded based on education, experience and what they bring to the table. And if they make a balls of it they are sent packing out the door.

Now compare that with cabinet ministers. Education irrelevant, experience irrelevant, job performance irrelevant.

"Do you not think they are being paid enough .especially at this given time .l know it's none of my business who you are or what you work at or earn but I'm disgusted at your comments. If you had some one looking after the elderly on minimum wage .risking their and their families health .I wonder would you think differently .some not even earning 16.000 a year .the amount granted to the ministers. As a top up on their 120.000 .salary .

Unfortunately things will not change in our greedy little country anytime soon..I think GREED.. it the thing... "

What is the point in posting here if you are just going to ignore other people’s responses and reiterate the same tripe. Are you on Wod those people who reads sensational headlines and goes off in rants without even reading the article.

You were told just 3 S-J ministers got a pay rise.

16k is below minimum wage so carers are not getting that.

I agree our ministers are overpaid and greedy but non factual rants cheapen criticism of them.

skerries

What rung are you on .I guess it's the top

F##k you jack I'm alright attitude

skerries

Look I started this and this will be my Last contribution to it .

I just think that in these terrible times that health workers that are doing such an amazing job should be given all the help possible. As for other peoples comments they have their reasons for them .as for our government .some people are getting a raw deal .cancer patients cannot avoid of a medical card .children with life threatening health problems cant avail of services .thousands homeless .thousands waiting overall year to get to see a consultant ...

Yet .our new government ministers all receive new top of the range cars .the greens getting nine . Our ministers are one of the top paid ministers in Europe .

It's just fairness for our people .now thanks for all your comment .good and bad .lol.bye

East / North, Cork

So ALL government ministers have just agreed to a 10% pay cut across the board. This will save WAY more cash than the 3 ministers who got the increase. Fair play for doing something.

skerries

Lol.... 10 per cent . Done. out of embarrassment... still overpaid group ofwaisters .greedy waisters

East / North, Cork

"Lol.... 10 per cent . Done. out of embarrassment... still overpaid group ofwaisters .greedy waisters "

... which just goes to prove that you weren't really bothered about the 16k x 3 in the first place, because that cash plus more has been given back.

Calm Down peops,, relax don't fight over this bunch of idiots in office making decisions,, what more do yous expect Governments are corrupt end off

skerries

Oh .yes .you are involved in politics. Which party are you with being from cork I guess its fianna fail .lol

"It all fucked up

Daughter works for NHS

"

Fuck revenue...if you're owed tax you can only claim back 4 years..if you owe them they can go back as far as they feel they need to ....wankers !!!

Why not give those " super Junior " ministers a round of applause instead of €16,000 extra , l mean ,look at how long it took the Nurses and frontline staff to spend their " round of applause ".they got from the government.. Fuck ...they'll be retired by the time they have them spent..... bottom line here is...this Government is a fucking QUANGO ...none of them give a fuck about anyone but themselves ..it's all lip service ..and fucking hell...wait till it's pay back time...then you'll see

skerries

Well said .jobs and money for the boys..

By *uttingstagsMan  over a year ago

Navan

I agree with your argument to an extent but with the exception of Mr Cowen can you remember any minister having to fall on his/her sword for an absolute fuck up ? Alan Shatter and CJ Haughey are the only ones I can remember in the aftermath of serious incidents.

Lack of accountability and responsibility appears to be the general norm but that doesn’t take away from the fact that all junior ministers should be entitled to equal pay

» Add a new message to this topic