FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Quarantine

Quarantine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

Brits have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning from spain. Only announced over weekend and some are in spain already. Murder over it. Would u go overseas during this covid?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To much hassle at this point,to many unknowns

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

I’m not going to travel. Think we all need to stay and spend in Ireland and support the Irish hospitality sector who are on life support. I plan on having a lot of local fab meets to support the Dublin hotels too.

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Brits have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning from spain. Only announced over weekend and some are in spain already. Murder over it. Would u go overseas during this covid?"

Brits??

Going to be very difficult for some returning and unable to go to work, certainly a very rushed decision but hopefully it's for the best

It's not rocket science to anticipate that outbreaks will occur and restrictions are likely to be reimposed at any time, anywhere. People have been advised not to travel, I have fuck all sympathy for anyone who decides they're going on a beach holiday abroad in spite of this. It's very hard on those who are separated from loved ones, those missing out on two weeks of sun and sangria, not so much.

Tipperary

"Brits have to quarantine for 2 weeks when returning from spain. Only announced over weekend and some are in spain already. Murder over it. Would u go overseas during this covid?

Brits??

Going to be very difficult for some returning and unable to go to work, certainly a very rushed decision but hopefully it's for the best "

that's why there is murder. Some peoples jobs are affected

We have been directed in work not allowed travel abroad so won't be going. Hopefully a weekend away and a few one night stays in Ireland for me.

Gods Own Country

"It's not rocket science to anticipate that outbreaks will occur and restrictions are likely to be reimposed at any time, anywhere. People have been advised not to travel, I have fuck all sympathy for anyone who decides they're going on a beach holiday abroad in spite of this. It's very hard on those who are separated from loved ones, those missing out on two weeks of sun and sangria, not so much."

In this case Spain was declared safe to travel at the time, however a few outbreaks have changed the situation so quickly.

"It's not rocket science to anticipate that outbreaks will occur and restrictions are likely to be reimposed at any time, anywhere. People have been advised not to travel, I have fuck all sympathy for anyone who decides they're going on a beach holiday abroad in spite of this. It's very hard on those who are separated from loved ones, those missing out on two weeks of sun and sangria, not so much.

In this case Spain was declared safe to travel at the time, however a few outbreaks have changed the situation so quickly. "

Just like the Irish government, the UK has advised against non-essential travel abroad.

"It's not rocket science to anticipate that outbreaks will occur and restrictions are likely to be reimposed at any time, anywhere. People have been advised not to travel, I have fuck all sympathy for anyone who decides they're going on a beach holiday abroad in spite of this. It's very hard on those who are separated from loved ones, those missing out on two weeks of sun and sangria, not so much.

In this case Spain was declared safe to travel at the time, however a few outbreaks have changed the situation so quickly. "

See my first comment

Gods Own Country

In this case Spain was declared safe to travel at the time, however a few outbreaks have changed the situation so quickly.

See my first comment"

I'm not arguing lol, just saying lol

See my first comment

I'm not arguing lol, just saying lol"

Ah go on, I fancy a squabble

Our economy is going to be on it's knees in a months time (if not already). It is going to be a deep recession. Do the moral thing-stay at home and support your own local businesses and holiday at home.

Gods Own Country

See my first comment

Ah go on, I fancy a squabble "

Your full of shit ffs!!!

How's that

See my first comment

Ah go on, I fancy a squabble

Your full of shit ffs!!!

How's that "

"Our economy is going to be on it's knees in a months time (if not already). It is going to be a deep recession. Do the moral thing-stay at home and support your own local businesses and holiday at home. "

Amen brother

Tipperary

Holidaying at home is perfect but some prices are ludicrous.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Same applies here when you go to Spain, so what's your point? Are you shocked by the all of a suddenness? What you learn there for future plans/activties not much is certain at present and things can change swiftly.

Tipperary

I wont be going overseas but I know plenty who would in a heartbeat. Those green list areas.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Fully sympathise with those dying for a bit of sun and a break, especially those with kids... But ultimately for the majority I don't think it's justifiable. The right thing to do is stay home unless it's absolutely essential.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If only the government would allow some nice sunny weather here, 20 to 25 degrees, that would keep most of us happy. But they won't go there simply because we could get used to it and you don't want to be seen to do something for the people.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

No issue with anyone traveling but if you do, you have to accept that anything can happen in the short time you're away.

If you get caught up in a situation like those people in Spain are, it's just tough shit.

As I say, I've no problem with anyone going abroad, just be aware of the massively unstable situation we are in at the moment and no one is obliged to accommodate you if things go to shit again.

Those people took a risk and it didn't work out.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am booked for Majorca in Sept and really hope it goes ahead. Trouble is i can not afford 2weeks unpaid leave on return. Been working throughout so a week in the sun is desperately needed but looking unlikely for me.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Well just go somewhere else this year if u want travel abroad, Greece and Malta are on green list

By *ratos87Man  over a year ago

Galway

"It's not rocket science to anticipate that outbreaks will occur and restrictions are likely to be reimposed at any time, anywhere. People have been advised not to travel, I have fuck all sympathy for anyone who decides they're going on a beach holiday abroad in spite of this. It's very hard on those who are separated from loved ones, those missing out on two weeks of sun and sangria, not so much."

Exactly this. What did they expect? Some people haven't seen loved ones in months. I think we can give the beach a miss for one Summer. Lack of Spanish sun and beaches is not what's threatening to kill us right now.

By *-ManMan  over a year ago

Kark

How about people getting tested on their return? Could cut quarantine time way down. Even if they have to pay for it themselves or if it's company work the employer pays.

I'm assuming the shortage of test available is no longer an issue

Dublin

Yeah i would do that and it's enough for my company...just still not sure how to get test, anyone knows maybe? Free of charge would be nice of course but will pay if is necessary

"How about people getting tested on their return? Could cut quarantine time way down. Even if they have to pay for it themselves or if it's company work the employer pays.

I'm assuming the shortage of test available is no longer an issue"

Apparently you will only test positive if you have developed the infection, which could be several days after exposure. You won't necessarily be symptomatic even after you develop infection

Dublin

I know but i just need positive test for work and could be next day after i back from holidays

Dublin

Sorry, need negative test

"Sorry, need negative test "

The point is that you could test negative despite being exposed and then develop the infection a few days later

Anyone who goes abroad and returns to go to work are supposed to Isolate for 14 days according to law. That makes it a very expensive holiday, would people be allowed to claim pup payment for the quarentine period??.

Dublin

U still don't understand my point, i have to bring negative test just for my company to be on safe side and i can do next day after i back from holidays...btw travel in country on green list

"U still don't understand my point, i have to bring negative test just for my company to be on safe side and i can do next day after i back from holidays...btw travel in country on green list "

If you're travelling from a green list country you're not required to quarantine, that's the whole point of green list! But any country can be taken off the list if there is a rise in infection levels there.

Test takes a few days anyway.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

I think personally its completely idiotic to go on holiday abroad during this year the risk and hassle is just not worth it

"I think personally its completely idiotic to go on holiday abroad during this year the risk and hassle is just not worth it "

Well said bigman

» Add a new message to this topic